Sign in to follow this  
DiBz

When will ArmA X be gifted

Hey guys, at first sorry for my bad English :D

My friends and me are all buying the supporter edition because we wanted to play ArmA 2 until ArmA3 will be released and DayZ until the standalone is out.

So my question is, will i get ArmA X gifted when i buy the game (on 5 of march) or will it be gifted when ArmA 3 releases in a bit more than half year ?

Sorry if this questen has been asked a few times but i haven't found any topic like this at the forum.

Greetings

DiBz

Thank you for your fast reply, that sounds awesome :D

I want to buy the Supporter Edition, but i already have Arma x!

Is there any way to gift it to a friend or something like that?

I want to buy the Supporter Edition, but i already have Arma x!

Is there any way to gift it to a friend or something like that?

Yes, you will be able to do that. (Was confirmed by a dev.)

At Steam you can not give games to anyone else, nor can sell them. They are yours forever.

Welcome to the "full steam ahead" age. :)

Yes, you will be able to do that. (Was confirmed by a dev.)

Source? To my knowledge Steam does not allow that. Except of course the Arma X has an extra key you can give away.

At Steam you can not give games to anyone else, nor can sell them. They are yours forever.

Welcome to the "full steam ahead" age. :)

That's not true. I seem to remember you being the guy who wasn't allowed to use Steam because of your parents? Why are you spreading lies about a program you haven't even used?

To back this up, I'll be willing to give you the entire CoH franchise (vanilla Company of heroes, Opposing fronts and Talons of valor) that I have in my steam inventory. I got these copies after I preordered Company of Heroes 2, and since I already own the previous games they were added to my steam inventory for me to do whatever I want with them.

Edited by Klima
Arguments, sentences

That's not true. I seem to remember you being the guy who wasn't allowed to use Steam because of your parents? Why are you spreading lies about a program you haven't even used?

Oops 1 : 0

Selling and trading are still confined to the Steam platform ONLY. I'll give him that, but considering how big and widespread steam is, it's hardly a problem.

Does it say Arma X will be steam exclusive ?

He doesn't want to trade it, he wants to gift it.

Show me where Steam does allow to give away games from your library as gift, then you can call me an idiot. Else you better come off with an apology.

I don't need to use Steam to learn about its restrictions. You know, there are people around who open their eyes and gather information. Something people like you obviously never learnt in their life, the only thing you can do is automatically click the OK or I agree buttons shown to you.

Of couse its Steam exclusive when the whole package is.

I don't need to use Steam to learn about its restrictions.

Thats a given, you already stated you cant use steam your at your parents Mercy

post below says different , not sure ive seen that the arma X gift is Steam only though, maybe its possible to gift via BiStore too ?

He doesn't want to trade it, he wants to gift it.

Show me where Steam does allow to give away games from your library as gift, then you can call me an idiot. Else you better come off with an apology.

I don't need to use Steam to learn about its restrictions. You know, there are people around who open their eyes and gather information. Something people like you obviously never learnt in their life, the only thing you can do is automatically click the OK or I agree buttons shown to you.

If they're added to the steam inventory you can send them as gifts: http://i.imgur.com/RX2tG8o.jpg

prooof

Now without knowing fully, I seem to remember Arma X being an anniversary package released on steam that included OPF, Armed Assault and Arma 2 (without czech pack). Making it steam exclusive. But don't quote me on this :)

Edited by Klima
Answering for Thromp

You don't know how steam works and how ArmA X will be delivered, yet you ask for a apology?

The clear things up: you will receive a code for ArmA X which you can either use yourself or gift away. It will not automatically be added to your library.

So get better informed or risk to get banned from the ArmA 3 Forum.

Myke;2308131']You don't know how steam works and how ArmA X will be delivered' date=' yet you ask for a apology?

The clear things up: you will receive a code for ArmA X which you can either use yourself or gift away. It will not automatically be added to your library.

So get better informed or risk to get banned from the ArmA 3 Forum.[/quote']

Thank you for clearing this up Myke :)

Now without knowing fully, I seem to remember Arma X being an anniversary package released on steam that included OPF, Armed Assault and Arma 2 (without czech pack). Making it steam exclusive. But don't quote me on this

well theres two versions on Bistore one Steam one without , but its irelevant after mikes post anyway

P.S sorry for quoting ;)

Can we PLEASE finally not turn every single thread into a Steam debate ? The thread is about when Arma X is gifted, and the only connection is that it is gifted through Steam.

So can we PLEASE confine the discussion about shortcomings of steam to the appropriate threads ? Thank you very much.

Edited by Varanon
Removed some f-words

To back this up, I'll be willing to give you the entire CoH franchise (vanilla Company of heroes, Opposing fronts and Talons of valor) that I have in my steam inventory. I got these copies after I preordered Company of Heroes 2, and since I already own the previous games they were added to my steam inventory for me to do whatever I want with them.

Give them to me, I yet have to play a CoH Game :p

Give them to me, I yet have to play a CoH Game :p

Sure, add me to steam: Dicalo dob

Indeed, since it'd be dumb to own two of any game, if you buy a game twice or get it with preorder you can give it to a friend who doesn't have it. Or maybe trade it with someone for TF2 hats.