Sign in to follow this  
DeclaredEvol

Positive Feedback Thread

I am one of the guys on here that get mental over the community requests, but most people probably realized it wasn't all going to happen. So it's nice that after this entire year we spammed them over every little detail, but I don't think anyone on the forums has really wanted to tell them Thanks, for their efforts to improve ArmA 3. And because it has been such a long long year of waiting, it's going to be worth it. Virtually anyone on here is dying to find the Alpha and a lot of people are watching their website like buzzards. I really think there needs to be a place to 'motivate' Bohemia Interactive instead of requesting tons and tons of content. So if I'd be the first to make a thread for positive feedback to let Bohemia Interactive know not every single little thing is bothersome then that would be respectful.

I'd like to first start by saying I was originally a ArmA: Combat Operations player, one of the first few servers I was on was Sahrani Life which was made by Celery if I can remember correctly. Innovative as usual, but it took years to finally appreciate the game as much as others did.. that is the regular game itself. And I started in 2007 so I realize there are even earlier players from this community, so anyways... moving on to ArmA 2, a lot of good experiences there. I've played with around five-some units that all were realism teams. Pretty much everything from that point has been content design and things like that, but I was thinking about ArmA 3 being another world of creativity because they plan on getting this engine improved beyond previously intended. I make 3d Models, I do texture art and I took C++ and UScript over the last year or two. I never touched ArmA 2 because I don't know CBA much. I really hope people have some good feedback, and have something to say before the game comes out. This could really be a good place to get a solid community together before ArmA 3 comes to stores.

feedback from what, if i may ask? Alpha is not even out there yet.

Feedback is letting the Developers know what we think about their development, but this thread is in regards of not asking them to do things but telling them what we are going to like about the game versus all of the negative attention they seem to get elsewhere. The Alpha is not out, but it is also because the community requested a lot from them and they took the liberty of getting things done. So, is it Bohemia Interactive's fault?

So this is like a preemptive "Thanks" thread? It's hard to thank for development that we know little about and when it is announced we'll probably be thanking them in that specific thread (or criticising).

So this is like a preemptive "Thanks" thread? It's hard to thank for development that we know little about and when it is announced we'll probably be thanking them in that specific thread (or criticising).

Well both of you are correct, I'm not getting at that... but this is pretty much a thread open to any positive discussion about ArmA 3. People can feel free to say good things, but if you ask me... most of the forum is flaming and spam... everyone has done a bit of it. I made this thread under the intent Bohemia Interactive pays any attention to the forums, but with all of the obsessive requests I'm sure by now they don't really want to lol

I like your idea DeclaredEvol,and I guess everyone here can say thanks to the developers for continuing the efforts to bring Arma 3 to us.But with nearly 6 months of no information about Arma 3 there is little we can do.

And now this thread is about to be spammed and flamed.Just for the heck of it.:p

Well there are many things I am liking about A3. Ragdolls look awesome and are much more responsive than death animations, stances are going to be absolutely brilliant and from what we have seen physx seems pretty nice - same goes for maps and graphics. Of course I won't really be able to gush out my praise or even my disapproval until I get my hands on it.

Right at the beginning I sat my expectations on ArmA3 pretty low. In my mind it was still just going to be an upgrade. A good upgrade like always, nothing unfamiliar.

However, what's been shown from the actual game (gameplay videos) and not discussions on what's planned, there's a lot of new stuff to like. They've been working hard.

All games or expansions have felt like an "upgrade" in some way, but now there's some new major fixes that has been needed from the beginning.

AI might not have been changed much, not a top prio, but vehicle physics and player movement seems to have gotten a real step-up.

The decison of taking the ArmA-verse into the future wont affect the community as I see it. New players will come or go. True fans will stay, and make it their game.

Since it's the same old ArmA anyway, running on a better engine version with less limitations.

It's fine in my mind. I like sci-fi, and it's going to get community-content anyways. There has always been lots of that.

Difference is content out of the box being more tilted towards fun-factor, while still being able to do what it did before.

Yeah, I really like the new vehicles and the terrain a lot... plus the customizable gear can make such a more powerful game for interaction! Virtually anything is possible now with the new Body Armor system and the fact you can attach Cameras to your helmet means you can also make a NV Goggle mod that is realtime too. Because you can import and attach separate objects together with PhysX, you'll have tons more room for Customization. There will be tons and tons of new things available for modders to work off of, and the fact that there will be Body Armor means you can get mods like ACE or something similar to add certain amount of protection with different levels of Body Armor. The new lighting effects means better particle effects like explosions and smoke... so there is going to be more availability towards graphical modding now. Laser Sights are probably going to be able to blind players as well as flash lights, sort of like BF3. Lens flare and things can mean a lot, and if there are compounds and large buildings to breach. You'll see tons more missions associated with Close Quarter Combat. Virtually by now, there 'must' be tons of the things Bohemia Interactive is hiding from us :)

They haven't said anything on the forums about their progress, sounds to me that there is going to be a ton more things done in this next press release. For this much, and even more... I'll definitely be participating in the Alpha.

I like what I see for ArmA 3. I still have high hopes that the game will be nothing short of stellar when it finally does come out. But let's be real here, when's the last time we've seen any updates or advertisement for ArmA 3? I understand things take time, but there must have been something they've updated between e3 and now. You can't really expect people to praise what they know little about. I appreciate BIS's development and understand there's maybe some more important things they're working on right now (DayZ), but when I see games like ArmA Tactics coming out and no updates on ArmA 3, it's disappointing really.

But yeah, I'm eagerly awaiting the community alpha, idc how buggy it is. I, along with all of you have been waiting somewhere around 2 years for this game :D

The amount of updates are not really important. I believe in BIS. Great team of people working on these different titles.

Voice-acting, scripting and all the other things that it takes to build a complete storyline from the ground up is time-consuming.

Not really that much to update on I'd say, since you don't want spoilers on that end. New features have been shown on E3.

They'll probably work on them till they are as good as it they can make them. The features already confirmed are more than enough for me to make this a great next game.

Screw. That.

I've been left hanging with no F*ck*ng information from them for so long that they don't deserve positive feedback...

The original update on New years was that the Alpha could be expected to be out by no later then mid january,

Then they updated their thread...

Then they come out saying (Maybe this was even before then!) that there approach is that they don't want to come out saying they'll meet a deadline and not do it (WHICH THEY DID SO MANY DAM TIMES AND CONTINUE TO DO) and now its late feb and no news worth reading since E3,

I've been following the development of this game since 2011 and never did I think i would be left so disappointed in the entire team and the way they have handled this its truly a shock.

I have had to give up my positive thoughts and hopes for this game because i may well be 89 before I hear when the ALPHA IS RELEASED.

So for all the days i've checked the arma3 site repetitively praying for news I say F U!

As much as I understand that you're disappointed about not getting your new toy (as if there's nothing more important in life), your language used is not welcome here.

§1) No Flaming/Flame-baiting/bigotry

Abusive, racist, sexist, homophobic comments (or any other type of bigotry), personal attacks and name calling are not allowed either on the forum or through PM's. If you receive a PM that is abusive or you find offensive please forward it to a moderator who will investigate.

Flame-baiting is also not tolerated; flame-baiting is making a post to someone that is obviously intended to elicit an angry response. Mocking/teasing/ridiculing someone or the point someone wants to make is also flamebaiting. This also applies to other areas of the forums such as leaving visitor messages on people's profiles, messages posted in social groups, as well as quoting someone against their wishes in your signature to belittle/tease/mock them. If someone asks you to remove something they posted on the forum from your signature you must remove it. Common sense tells you that posting someone's PMs without permission is also flamebaiting and will be punished.

+1 infraction for above post.

Some people cry when they don't get their own way. Good thing BIS bluntly ignore idiots like that.

I think they deserve all the praise in the world. They're the ones putting in the hard work and effort.

It's easier said than done comes to mind constantly.

Things get overcomplicaded VERY fast around here.

But yeah, thanks for making one of the few games that I really care about for the past decade.

Biggest motivation for BIS would be to release a game that works smooth in SP and MP from the release day. People do have some patience to get things fixed but their "standby" or "betatest" time isn't infinite. Guess many potential customers will wait a certain time to be sure that BIS made a game they can enjoy without bigger bugs and issues. No need for overambitious and pre-emptive praising or bad-mouthing. Wait until A3 is released and see yourself if you like it or not. Just don't trust blindly all those ratings and game experts points/statistics! :)

Biggest motivation for BIS would be to release a game that works smooth in SP and MP from the release day. People do have some patience to get things fixed but their "standby" or "betatest" time isn't infinite. Guess many potential customers will wait a certain time to be sure that BIS made a game they can enjoy without bigger bugs and issues. No need for overambitious and pre-emptive praising or bad-mouthing. Wait until A3 is released and see yourself if you like it or not. Just don't trust blindly all those ratings and game experts points/statistics! :)

On that subject, did you know S.T.A.L.K.E.R. is actually a lot like WoW with guns? :D

It's hilarious how badly games can get misjudged.

The Ivan and Martin imprisonment didn't help. I'm sure that when that whole fiasco was going on, the developers had a hard time concentrating on their work - I imagine it's not easy working on a product when your lead developer is in jail. :p

ArmA 3 is going to deliver - Huge. Oh, it will have it's bugs (that's a given), but just like fine Wine... "ArmA 3 will get better with age." The critics need to be more understanding / patient and look at the big picture of what's happened over the last 4 months. Also, I'm sure it will take Ivan and Martin a month or two to settle back in to a normal routine.

Screw. That. (whine)...

Self entitled much?

Nevermind the problems that occured last year, and the dedication of the team to not make the same mistakes as happened with Arma 2. I bet if they´d released the game middle of last year you would´ve been here complaining about how buggy it is and omg I´m never buying anything from you again 0/10.

There´s more important things in life than games. I am content with waiting, even though it´s difficult to remain excited about the game while no news are coming around. I want the game to be good, and I trust BI to make the right decisions. How long it´ll take is really their thing, and a delay of one year isn´t really critical. Other games were released with 7+ years of delay and were good and well received at release (Stalker, for example.).

And if it really upsets you so much, vote with your wallet and attention, instead of trying to get responses in such a silly way on the forums.

@InstaGoat - Good post. This forum has integrity, honor, and professionalism - it's not like your average COD or BF3 forum (full of kids and immature comments). This is the "Grown Up's" Forum. :thumbsup:

I want to thank BIS for

- creating such a wonderful military sandbox with huge maps

- putting exceptional effort to the A3:

• balancing the sides
  • fixing the not-so-enjoyable core features in A2, like animation system and physics
  • implementing really helpful features like mod browser (or something like that)
  • developing a new lighting engine and investing in the soundworld
  • optimising the engine to enhance the player experience and to widen the playerbase
  • making important and complex features more user friendly (e.g. editor) and shortening the learning curve in those parts where it can be shortened
  • fixing, enhancing and revamping numerous number of other features
  • not rushing the release, resulting in finished product
  • dealing with the situation at hard times
  • overall, obviously knowing what they're doing ;) (referring to the recent post by RoyaltyinExile, that post was really "salve to our wounds"!)

I've been advertising A3 to people and told them that it's really going to be awesome. I think that it's becoming more and more likely that the A3 will be one of the next great hits in gaming world!

Some people cry when they don't get their own way. Good thing BIS bluntly ignore idiots like that.

I think they deserve all the praise in the world. They're the ones putting in the hard work and effort.

It's easier said than done comes to mind constantly.

I'd like to respond to you with 2 things,

Firstly if you are calling me an idiot then surely you must think that BIS have handled this in an appropriate fashion correct?

I don't care so much that the game has been delayed for like a year! its the fact that they have been so inconsiderate of the people they have left wanting by the decision to prolong the developement that gets me.

I am not a game developer, And thus i can't judge or make comment on the well-developed itself or insinuate in any shape that the effort these people have put in is sub-par.

However im aware of the very basics of customer relations and i can tell you that they have attempted to jump the hurdle and landed face first 5m before it.....

Its been pretty appalling and with the goal to for any dev with an upcoming game (Their mindset late 2011 early 2012 :P) to be to get people as excited as possible, the only customer relations aspect they have managed (rather the game manages on its own) WOULD INEVITABLY leave one bitterly disappointed when something they have followed closely for so long is faced with delay upon delay.

This is the basis of my comments however misguided and childish they may be, And although far to harsh I accept this, are relatively fair.

Anyway thats the way I feel label it as you wish.

---------- Post added at 09:07 ---------- Previous post was at 09:03 ----------

Also I feel a response to that is appropriate also,

Not really.... Much..

Although my comments were clearly exadgerated and out of frustration rather then an attempt to provide legitimate constructive criticism, You can reffer to my previous response to understand that if they want to hype their game up and get people excited, it should be expected that a large number of people are going to be biterly disappointed when the release is delayed WITHOUT WORD, for month upon month upon month.

Also I don't care about (other games) im sure if you do enough wikipedia searching you can find some game that took 10 years to release, And im betting it was a ____ game that few cared about.

And I didn't ask for responses.

That was not my intention, my intention was to express my genuine frustration with the way they have handled their fanbase. IMO

---------- Post added at 09:10 ---------- Previous post was at 09:07 ----------

@InstaGoat - Good post. This forum has integrity, honor, and professionalism - it's not like your average COD or BF3 forum (full of kids and immature comments). This is the "Grown Up's" Forum. :thumbsup:

Sorry for spamming the thread with responses perhaps I should've tied them all in one, but Professionalism??

of what?

Gaming?

And the fact that you would immediately draw a comparison to COD and BF3 says something.

Ofwhich there is nothing wrong with, not everyone is interested in spending 30mins just getting to the AO, although I do.

Some people are casual gamers who have time restrictions and want to maximise their action per minute. (Not trying to start anything with that :) ]

@Sniper_Hog. Bohemia Interactive was very pro-active with ArmA 3 until Sept. 9th (when the boys were arrested). The Greece situation was very dicey, we don't know the "actual" politics that went on behind the scenes with the Greek Government and BIS. We do know this: All Public Relations stopped upon the arrest of Ivan and Martin, so the conclusion must be that the seriousness of the situation was great. I'm not going to get into theories here as to why the PR campaign to sell the simulator stopped in September (Politics? Wheeling and dealing with the Greek gov't? etc). But on February 2nd, all is right in the world.... the boys are back and BIS is on the march with their announcement that things are coming soon. The silver lining to this dark cloud is that BIS has had extra time to polish the simulator and make it even better.

Again, give BIS a break. Ivan and Martin were priority #1 over the past 5 months, so the game got delayed. As for COD / BF3 forums, I've visited them enough to come to the conclusion that teenagers rule that forum and that it isn't monitored very well. This forum wants "Professionalism" to rule. Many here are Vet's and over 30 (example: I'm a USAF Vet and I'm 45), so we take this "Simulator" seriously ('to-a-point)' and ultimately having fun is the goal. I think you're a good guy, Sniper_Hog, but remember, "Patients and Understanding" are virtues. :cool:

Edited by rehtus777