Waxbutter

Hell in the Pacific 0.5 beta release

Interesting side note. If I attach the tanks at the wrong height on an LCM. eg. 0,2,1 When you detach them, they launch about 100 metres skyward, highly entertaining:D
Well, at least you fixed some airsupport for the maines

:rthumb:

Had this issue just yesterday with 3 LCM's firing the attached tanks towards the Japs like medieval catapults...

One of them eventually even hit a japanese gun- emplacement, killing the crew and destroying the gun. :o

I spilled half of my beer over my keyboard...

Greetz.

Edited by GottMitUns

Anyone interested in a COWarMod version for Hell in the Pacific?

I have a version i put together to just mess around and see what response I get and it runs pretty good,

still need to look at it further and maybe tweak some things.

Hey mate,

I'd really appreciate getting a HiP Version of your mod- collection, if only to get some more inspirations of what might work good with the main- mod.

And don't forget to put some animals into it.

I had great fun while using HiP together with all these Alligators, snakes, the Clay- Dogs etc... ;)

Just my 10- cents worth.

Greetz.

just played SP missions, and had to say I'm a bit disappointed of it.

2 bugs found:

-skin of m1911 colt is the M9 skin in briefing screen

-when in landing craft, we can't hear anything: it's just like if I had no sound.

1 thing:

the accuracy of the hellcat is very bad, it shoots too much on the left.

Yeah there's intro music as you're approaching the beach. If you don't have music turned on maybe there's no sound at all for you until the landing. I personally really enjoyed the SP missions. They're a bit hard though. Easy to get frustrated and quit, claiming you're disappointed.

Edited by David77

Hey mate,

I'd really appreciate getting a HiP Version of your mod- collection, if only to get some more inspirations of what might work good with the main- mod.

Sorry for the late reply, ok I can release the version I have, just need to test it again and tweak anything, and then slap some readmes together for it,

will create a new release thread for it when its ready.

Are there any plans for making the famous and important naval Battle of Midway of WW2 in which aircraft carriers,planes,submarines were used by both sides on a large scale over island of midway.

Edited by Battleship

Good question Battleship, I can't speak officially on whether we will do the Battle Of Midway. (truthfully I don't know at this point)

Unofficially however I have a few naval assets either already in production or on my personal todo list, one of which being DD-445.

Thanks for that link however I do enjoy reading up on my history, and you never know something might come of it within the modification.

Regards Hawk.

I found this today on Armaholic:

Günter Severloh has submitted a mission pack created by Shpagin recreating the historical battle for Tarawa.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=23688

My self or us in the mod-team has not yet tested it. If any one has could you post feeback?

Will see if we can get his missions on our server.

Anyone know of a good Japanese voicepack to use with RUG DSAI? The mod doesn't have any shouting at all it seems :/

Have you tried this Knokpleog- Sound modification already?? I believe there's even a dl- link hiddden somewhere in the shadows of this thread.

I'm using it (without Rug- DSAI) and my Japs do sound pretty scary...

"Yankee dolome" ;)

Greetz.

I found this today on Armaholic:

Günter Severloh has submitted a mission pack created by Shpagin recreating the historical battle for Tarawa.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=23688

My self or us in the mod-team has not yet tested it. If any one has could you post feeback?

Will see if we can get his missions on our server.

Its a 10 scenario campaign, not a mission pack.

The campaign is based on actual historical battles, i bet shpagin could explain more if he were here but he only submitted the campaign to me on my MR.

Some guys didn't read the manual.

We have a huge load of ambient voices in the mod.

I profess my ignorance sir salute_1.gif Btw does the mod slow down the engine? even on stock maps the performance is much slower than normal. Any tips to increase fps?

Some guys didn't read the manual.

We have a huge load of ambient voices in the mod.

I actually have done my homeworks and with that other soundmod you need to do that same little ini- tweak.

And as cool as your ambient- sounds (and most importantly the voices...) are, those from Knokploeg- modification are just that little tick

more immersive. But that's maybe also because the author has done loads of Movie- voice- ripping. "Thin Red Line" anyone? :p

Greetz.

That might well be, but we had to create in-house sound effects of course.

Knokploeg is indeed a great soundpack, btw.

Btw does the mod slow down the engine? even on stock maps the performance is much slower than normal. Any tips to increase fps?

Not that I know of.

Of course you need to have a suitable (low!) view distance on most maps.

Cheers,

D.

Hi Guys,

Please don't take this as some sort of random "Anything New" spam-post. I'm back from a long Arma-Break, and naturally checked out this Mod here, since it was by far my favorite WW2-Themed, or Pre-Modern themed at all. Now checking for servers to play on, i only saw two *gasp* and they were red *gaspevenmore* although i had no mods enabled, apart from @Pacific_beta and @CBA. This naturally leads me to some questions:

a) Does any Clan/Group still regularly play this Mod?

b) Has there been any Update since release, explaining my why i can't join any server? I haven't found anything by myself.

c) Is this mod still under active development?

Although, scanning through the Readme and Content, i stumbled upon two other things:

1) In your Readme, you give Credits for the Model of a "J2F Grumman" which - according to my researches - is an old Navy Amphibious Plane. (And looks gorgeous, by the way.) I can however "only" find the A6M Zero, the F6F Hellfire, the C47, the Spitfire and the Kawasaki as Airplanes in this Mod. Is the J2F anywhere to be found, or not yet included?

2) Are there any Silenced Weapons? I remember I44 having some sort of Silences STEN Gun, which was ridiculously underpowered and still quite loud, but hell, it would fit nicely for some "Special" Forces like Sabotage Missions by Nighttime on one of these beautiful Islands. Can't find anything in the Ammoboxes, though. Any of course, in WW2 i wouldn't be expecting anything extraordinary like SD Handguns or Rifles. But i liked the idea of that silenced STEN.

Hello Elena,

no problem, I will gladly answer your questions as far as I can.

a) I guess so. We still get comments on the mods and quite recently Shpagin released a multiplayer-mini-campaign for HIP. Our own MP server is usually on too (DaOarge's Hell in the Pacific Server).

b) No. I guess red means that they are using a different (beta)patch than you do.

c) Indeed it is. Stay tuned for more info in the near future.

1) We have the model, but did not come around to actually include it in the mod (like quite a lot of other stuff too).

2) We have none, but it's a good idea that we will certainly keep in mind.

Cheers,

Dimitri

i get this error when i try to launch the mod:

Cannot open file 'E:\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\@pacific\addons\wx_lcm3.pbo'

Any help please?

I seem to remember a script for banzai charge, am I imagining things or can someone point me in the right direction?

Hi i got the ships to work by reinstall the mod :-)

It is a great mod!!

But i have another problem. I have by using setvelocity and setfuel commands, got an AI plane to launch from a carrier, the problem is the landinggear, it stays down, even its in the air. Its there any animation script in the mod i can execute to get the wheels up?

Thanks.

Sixt

Glad to see you Guys still active.

I've got some issued with flying, currently. The Planes' Auto-Rudder on the Zeke is so strong, that aiming on a ground target is almost impossible. Even when i try to get the aim on e.g. a Boat by rolling instead of using the "pedals", the Auto-Rudder will kick in and throw my aim off to the left and right quite badly. Now, i know that Auto-Rudder is in fact built in the Game, and not your fault. I was jsut wondering if it is somehow possible to deactivate the AutoRudderFunction, since i haven't found anything about this in the Settings. Also, Vanilla Airplanes don't wobble around that much, so maybe there is something you can do in the planes' config. Any ideas here?