Sign in to follow this  
John Spartan

F/A 18 Super Hornet for Arma 2 OA

Looks great! Maybe you can ask Meatball how he did his fuel dropping sequence as it works well enough for his F18s, figured it would work well for yours. You never know, worth a shot.

@fluttershy - your wish has been granted - just finished adding custom texture support via setobject texture. In final release I am planing to add PSD files/teamplates for thouse who want to retexture this addon, but dont want to go thru all the config mess.

---------- Post added at 12:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:21 PM ----------

just thought thru fuel tanks and all subsequent futures you lads mantioned - that will be added but latter. I would like to release a good beta version before x-mas, that kinda limits my options for firs release. Lack of time, but that's part of life.

Couple more picture on progress we made:

http://i1290.photobucket.com/albums/b531/John_Rybeck/arma2OA2012-12-0221-58-58-34.png

http://i1290.photobucket.com/albums/b531/John_Rybeck/arma2OA2012-12-0221-58-12-96.png

http://i1290.photobucket.com/albums/b531/John_Rybeck/arma2OA2012-12-0221-57-58-64.png

Edited by John_Spartan

Really Nice work, with the 2 seater will the backseater have control of LGB's AMRAAM's and AGM's?

And @fluttershy is that you schroder :) ?

John_Spartan

Please do not post images greater than 100 KB.

§15) Do not hotlink images over 100kb (102400 bytes) in size

Do not link images over 100kb using the IMG tags to display an image in your post. If you wish to post an image larger then 100 kb feel free to post the URL instead of hotlinking.

Hey J_S,

This add-on looks AMAZING so far...I am really looking forward to its release! I only have a few questions for you:

#1 - Am I right in assuming that sometime after release this add-on will support GLT Misslebox/FSF load-out editor?

#2 - Will there be skins/liveries available to change it from Navy to USMC in the config.? (I personally hope there is, as I am a Marine and not a squid...LOL!)

Thanks for taking the time to revamp this add-on...It will be an AWESOME addition to the air arsenal in this game!

Regards,

StickmanUSMC

GySgt. USMC(Ret.)

@JS - ERMAGERD thank you sooooooo much for the hiddentexture support - releaseing a PSD template makes this even better and easier for thoose who look to change it but don't know where to start, great support!

@ Franze: But shouldn't a dropped Fueltank from X Height and Y Speed at least create some sort of dust-splash on ground? I am not talking about a huge fireball, this ain't Napalm.

@Hotel-2-5 yes, yes it is.

@Stickman: As stated by JS above you will be able to simply alter the skin of the Aircraft via this setObjectTexture in the init line or other commands to use the Hiddentexture selection. The Only thing you will then need is your personalized custom skin, which should be easiely creatable given the fact that a PSD Template release is also planned.

Hey, I'm happy someone is working again on this beatiful plane, esp. the one not forcing the use of GLT Misslebox.

Four things that bother me, tho:

- Can You "smooth" the blocky canopy a bit? Some better textures maybe, too?

- What versions do You plan? 2-seats, 1-seat? If there'll be two seats version, how's the gunner pos gonna work?

- Will it have "working" MFD's like the Meatballs one?

- How about some cooperation with Meatballs?

Also, the textures look a bit blurry and low-res - that's gonna change, eh?

Edited by JonPL

@MaxPowers - noted will follow rules no vories mate.

@JonPL, that is the goal to make it look as good as possible and also as I stated before PSD files will be realesed so maybe someone better than me at texturing can come up better replacements latter with simple setobjecttexture in init. MFD will be simple one like ARMA 2 stock planes (like F35), about verions then bouth single seater and two seater aswell. In two seater gunner is in charge of wepons and with simulation of ATFLIR system (like possibility to designate targets for himself)

About Meatball in this project we have contacted each other and definetly we will work something out with him, mabe he will upgrade models with all more advanced features since I am aiming for a simple (ingame aircraft like) plane addon low on PC resources and with as less possible "loop" scripts and using all BIS assets provided.

Also please excuse me lads about quality of screens but I am on laptop (powerfull but still not enough for ARMA 2 max settings), so I would like to ask if someone with powerfull rig would like to help me with testing and coming up with screenshots please contact me and I'll send a beta version link.

@Stickman sorry mate USMC version was not planned, again custom textures may be added later, but I have to mention USMC dont operate Super Hornet's (squids only), USMC fly F/A-18 Hornet C/D versions. I am aware that FDF mod has a good model for this plane, maybe we should ask them to realese it standalone with USMC skins. Also meatball may latter make USMC skins for theese aircrafts.

Myke;2260612']Those are the F-16 Thunderbirds' date=' i guess you meant the Blue Angels. ;)

He apperently also did not read the 5-10 posts that stated there will be a hidden texture selection for people to create there custom skins but from his side the Addon will feature a regular Navy Grey Paintjob.

hey!

is it possible that you ask meatball the authorization to work on his plane?

cause both your plane and his are beatiful.

the only things for his plane is that flares and RWR are missing.

so, could you add them on his planes?

that way, we (the users) will have two great quality planes, 1 seat version (yours) and 2 seats version (Meatball's)

thanks

Hey [FRL]Myke, would you hand out a download link of these beauties? ;)

Not released , sorry. Just wanted to troll you. :p ;)

Now back to topic. :D

Ok, lads good news it's looks like we will have a decent BETA before end of this year.

Ok, lads good news it's looks like we will have a decent BETA before end of this year.

Looking forward to it. That will sweeten up the holidays :bounce3:

Looking forward. Thanks for a version with basic Arma stuff. Its easier to implement certain things from there.

Really like the aircraft so I will try to be very through here. Some of my feedback with a few screenshots:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/p0s1aj8ijd8so4n/cBl73BJV5T

1) The shaddows of munitions are floating arround when sitting in the aircraft and do a 360 check around in the cockpit (aircraft is on the ground) - see pictures, Im guessing something is wrong with shaddow Lod. This is for both varients.

2) The two AIM120 missiles sitting right beside the landing gear, look like they are part of the air frame (cosmetical), maybe its possible too mount them so that they dont go into the aircraft. - see pictures.

3) This is more of an oppinion, but When flying at night and lights are on, the cockpit is really illuminated. Is it possible to make the the instruments light up only but no actual light in the cockpit.

4) For the F varient the co-pilot doesnt have a cockpit view, Im sure you are aware of it but it would be nice if he had a cockpit as well.

5) For the F varient the pilot doesnt have a crosshair for gun.

6) For the F varient the pilot doesnt have his flight control stick (just making sure he has one ;) )

Also can we get one of those crew acess ladders taht are attached to the frame? That would be sweet!:D

Edited by jumpnjack

Thank's mate for feedback. I'll definetly look in to all thouse things, the only thing is will all this be fixed before BETA, since i would like to ghet out decent BETA before end of this year so ther will be some sacrifices. HUD is my biggest focus point at the moment so all that will be done before BETA release.