Sign in to follow this  
Alwarren

FHQ Remington Weapon Pack

Take a look at the artic CADPAT, very similar as far as colour but not the digital pattern.

Img_Military-Winter.jpg

http://preview.turbosquid.com/Preview/2010/12/03__07_56_00/Cadpat%20Arctic.jpg986e921f-0ef7-441f-942c-b2cf7db67d7dLarger.jpg ( On my iPad so not sure about file size )

Personally I like these better than the blocky pattern, that just might be because of where I'm from though ;)

Very nice now we can play properly like real snipers, question: why din't you put the Remington marks is cause the copyrigth ????? or you are planing to do so in the final release.

Shinigami out....

Very nice now we can play properly like real snipers, question: why din't you put the Remington marks is cause the copyrigth ????? or you are planing to do so in the final release.

Shinigami out....

Copyright/Trademark issue mainly. Although I think that usually non-profit would be allowed. It's a registered trademark though, and a friend of mine is a trademark lawyer :)

I also think that if you painted a camo on the weapon, there would be little trace left of that.

Alwarren is right.

Remington states the famouse "all rights reserved" meaning:

"All rights reserved" is a phrase that originated in copyright law as part of copyright notices. It indicates that the copyright holder reserves, or holds for their own use, all the rights provided by copyright law, such as distribution, performance, and creation of derivative works - source: wiki

So no Remington marks for us gentleman.

Hey guys, any chance you can make a woodland version? or release the files to make custom textured versions? thanks.

Hey guys, any chance you can make a woodland version? or release the files to make custom textured versions? thanks.

What fluttershy said, if you mean the sniper rifles, I am planning on doing the same camos as the ACR, or at least an additional woodland version. It just takes a while, I want to add the ACR's first.

I been playing with them a lot and the more I play the more i like it. Thanks again Alwarren, Also you have right with the trade marks issue.

A friend of mine that is very picky with 3d models said that the RSASS is more accurate one in terms of the real model; but the XM2010 and the MSR lack details in some part. I told him to shut up and stop being so annoying, but later I realized that he is right in someway.

So with the cool head I told him that this is just a pre-release and that I will pass his feedback.

I personally like it with no more changes and in the meantime Il be sniping his arss though!!!!!

Shinigami Out....

Well I agree the XM2010 especially lacks some details. It's unlikely to change though, I am going to concentrate on the assault rifles now and then will probably look for something else to do (I am looking at H&K as my next "victim", especially because of the G36C and HK416C). When ARMA III comes out, I expect the specifications/polycounts to go up anyway and will probably remodel them for that.

I wish we would get some news about ARMA III (in case any dev reads this *nudge nudge*)

When ARMA III comes out, I expect the specifications/polycounts to go up anyway and will probably remodel them for that.

I wish we would get some news about ARMA III (in case any dev reads this *nudge nudge*)

I PMed Vespa with a some general 'best practice' queries about making weapons for ArmA 3 a couple of months ago, after reading his posts in this thread you made w/r/t the attachment system. His advise to me was as follows (generally relates to the ViewPilot LOD):

Basic weapon is the same thing as in Arma2, it only has more named selections of moving parts which are animated parametrically, and contains those 3 proxies of attachments (general type, like "TOP")

About mesh detail in 1st person lod - I usually tell the artists to focus on most visible parts, and do them detailed as much as possible. Parts which aren't visible (right side of the weapon, handgrips, buttstock) dont deserve much detail.

You can tell the detail from screenshots, bacially optics cylinder should have as many triangles to not appear edgy.

I think typical rifle has about 10000 triangles - not the limit, but if you are effective, it is more than enough.

Textures are 2048 usually - but again, very important to be smart with mapping and texel. Do ironsights huge in unwrap, but buttstock or barrel can use much smaller texture area without looking bad

Recommend chamfering edges on ironsights and all gun parts that are close to camera - it looks pretty with some specular

I don't think it equates to a massive change in the core polycount of the rifle from ArmA 2, but obviously now sights etc. are handled by separate models via proxies, so the overall count of the weapon depends on the attachments fitted. I didn't manage to ask whether individual sights, lasers etc. have their own individual UV sets, or whether several attachments are combined onto one texture tile though.

Thanks for the info. Sounds like there aren't that many changes. The Xm2010 has around 10000 triangles, most of them on the round parts and the rails.

I would guess that the attachments are used in a similar way as the muzzle flash proxies are, i.e. they're separate models with their own rvmat and textures.

What would also be interesting to know is how hand anims are done. Apparently the whole animation system is being overhauled, so it might be that new weapon anims are needed, also for things like the reload (hiding the mag alone will not do it anymore).

Another progress update. I've been making some progress with the ACR; almost all variants are finished, except for the ones with the M320 launcher. Here's a few pictures:

B7vRds.jpgqvWT8s.jpgALIEfs.jpgpuSdVs.jpgYFbEfs.jpgWpU1Ks.jpg

(click for larger) The first picture shows the weapon icons for the Woodland ACR's.

I have also been working on this (still WIP, low-poly version):

hkIGgs.jpgyss1ns.jpg

Not sure yet how I will use it, but it can't hurt to have it :) Currently has around 2500 triangles, which might be a bit on the high side, but I wasn't too convervative with sights since they're always prominently in the view when playing.

Edited by Alwarren

Wow, outstanding amount of detail Alwarren. Excellent job. Any chance for the addition of a PEQ-15 on them for night ops?

Wow, outstanding amount of detail Alwarren. Excellent job. Any chance for the addition of a PEQ-15 on them for night ops?

They all come with an LLM-01 module attached, so they have both flashlight and laser. The models have all the required memory points, and each gun has two config entries, e.g. FHQ_ACR_WDL_RCO for the standard ACOG variant with laser, and FHQ_ACR_WDL_RCO_F for the flashlight version. I'll probably include a script to toggle the flashlight/laser like the UKF weapon pack (using ALT-L). That will require CBA but I guess everybody has that anyway :)

Very nice work mate :)

btw if you have more time you can try dDo - which is very special plugin for PS to create nice textures , worth to try it ;)

Wow, these give me itches in my fingertips. I would so love to do a texture for one of them. :I Will you allow retexes and maybe supply a template with the pack once it`s finished?

Very nice work mate :)

btw if you have more time you can try dDo - which is very special plugin for PS to create nice textures , worth to try it ;)

O.o Holy cow, that thing looks like magic... too bad it doesn't work with GIMP :)

Wow, these give me itches in my fingertips. I would so love to do a texture for one of them. :I Will you allow retexes and maybe supply a template with the pack once it`s finished?

That actually sounds like a good idea. I'll see what I can do. I am currently planning my four basic camo variants (desert, woodland, black and winter).

Nice work on the update ACR, two things that standout to me though; The M320 in this render looks small to me compared to the rifle it self?

and the other is that something just seems 'off' about the magazine i don't know what it is but there's something in the back of my head giving me this feeling its off compared to the photo of the 2012 ACR

The M320 indeed looks a bit small, I'll have to check that. It shouldn't have been in there anyway, that version isn't done yet, it doesn't even have a hand anim (I was trying to get the launcher to aim correctly).

About the magazine size, I used this exact photo for reference, and I do think the magazine matches perfectly, as you can see in the two screenshots here:

IjT01s.jpgUDMPWs.jpg

I guess it could be the perspective in the pictures, but I am quite sure the magazine has the right size, as has the rifle (I measured it according to the Remington web page).

The M320 indeed looks a bit small, I'll have to check that. It shouldn't have been in there anyway, that version isn't done yet, it doesn't even have a hand anim (I was trying to get the launcher to aim correctly).

About the magazine size, I used this exact photo for reference, and I do think the magazine matches perfectly, as you can see in the two screenshots here:

http://i.imgur.com/IjT01s.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/UDMPWs.jpg

I guess it could be the perspective in the pictures, but I am quite sure the magazine has the right size, as has the rifle (I measured it according to the Remington web page).

hehe, fair enough, i must be going crazy...