Sign in to follow this  
BremusJacklancer

suggestion, please consider - movement changes

suggestion, please consider - movement changes

Please!

PLEEEEAAAAASE!

Consider in the next patch, ADDING A AUTO-FORWARD or AUTO-RUN functionality to the control options!

PLEEEEEASE!

Now, hear me out everyone!

I'm one of those 3 hour session or longer types of players, I SERIOUSLY, I just cant see why in a game THIS large, this has been omitted. PLEASE, PLEASE consider adding this, if only to preserve the health of your players. it isn't healthy being forced to hold down the move keys for that long, for soooo many hours.

Right now, the only way around this is buying like cast iron pieces and setting them upon our keys. WHY, WHYYYYY was this not added to the original game?

Even Morrowind has it!

Just please, add an auto-move key, you've already got Auto-Hover, why not this? PLEEEEAAASE!!!!!!!!!!

I don't see it as something game breaking, or unbalanced. If you're not there while moving forward, you just become easier prey. Hey, people run all the time with their brains on auto pilot. I'm serious!!!

So please, consider this, next update, or beta update. Please! PLEASE BOHEMIA INTERACTIVE!

Thank you.

ADD AUTO RUN DO IT

I have a Logitech G510 keyboard. One of the G-keys is my auto-forward. Works fine. Saves fingertips in DayZ ^^

Silly Idea. I've played the game for six hours or longer, 3 hour sessions are average and I've never felt the need for an auto-run. Anything auto in this game is stupid, including auto-hover.

This game is no MMORPG.

I have a Logitech G510 keyboard. One of the G-keys is my auto-forward. Works fine. Saves fingertips in DayZ ^^

And the actual reason becomes apparent...... BremusJacklancer why don't you ask over at the official mod forums, I'm sure rocket can add something even more game breaking.

when i have to run across Cherno, or move all the way through CLAfgan, i have a roll of nickels.

But really? I want the "going to get a beer" hot key!

Nah, Auto running doesn't happen in life and your playing a game on realism. One foot after the next, you'll get there. I train for 3 hours straight, before PLAYING for another six. I have a girlfriend and a life and plan on becoming a youtube partner when arma 3 comes out. No problems here with lack of auto run.

Nah, Auto running doesn't happen in life and your playing a game on realism. One foot after the next, you'll get there. I train for 3 hours straight, before PLAYING for another six. I have a girlfriend and a life and plan on becoming a youtube partner when arma 3 comes out. No problems here with lack of auto run.

That's some garbage logic guy, it's a VIDEO GAME. It doesn't matter what it is based off of. The addition of an auto-run key is a time honored tradition. Why force a player to keep his finger there for hours on end? It's illogical in such large maps. Not only that, it can develop certain muscular skeletal disorders in players down the road. Especially if they are going to continue making more games.

Since the larger part of this game is simply GETTING from POINT A- TO- POINT B. Adding this key, simply makes sense, and is responsible as developers.

Don't bring the real world into video games. They don't mix, and is a precursor to mental illness.

Have a nice day.

---------- Post added at 08:51 ---------- Previous post was at 08:50 ----------

Thank you for this sir, I'm unsure how to vote. But thanks none the less.

---------- Post added at 08:53 ---------- Previous post was at 08:51 ----------

Is there a way to create this function in a virtual setting some how? Because it seems to me people have no idea how stress it actually is to be forced to keep your hand in one position for hours on end. For ALL of the games I play with maps this large, they ALL feature an auto-forward key. ALL of them.

simnce you fcan reconfigure controlls in ArmA you can have autorun for ages...just open controlls and assigng fast forward to a persistend input device like a joystick axis...I use a HOTAS rotary for autorun for example.

Just out of curiousity I have configured a HOTAS made for Simulatiosn in a way it lets me control any aspect of arma without touching the keybord at all...I use foot pedals for walking running strafing and leaning and joystick for aming and shooting and swichting weapons etc. THis way i learned that walkign can be performed analogue at any speed you like withhin the given range.

If you have to run for hours, something went horribly wrong. Maybe instead of adding such useless functions like auto-run, maybe better think of playing on servers that actually do have teamplay. Never ever, as long as i remember, i had to travel such distances on foot in the whole ArmA series.

What about "auto-weapon-change" and "auto-thinking"??? Or just one big awesomesauce auto-key = "PLAY A2OA in AUTO Mode" !! :D

Yes A.I. autopilot is a good idead...just lean back and watch the game play itself.

Myke;2240525']If you have to run for hours' date=' something went horribly wrong. Maybe instead of adding such useless functions like auto-run, maybe better think of playing on servers that actually do have teamplay. Never ever, as long as i remember, i had to travel such distances on foot in the whole ArmA series.[/quote']Sometimes it's also a mission design issue... the one SP mission that I've most played was a "Neptune Spear" type mission because it's scripted to "go straight to the action" (with the few scattered shots at the helo from rooftop guys all missing) with no need to hike to the compound and risk getting shot at before being inside the walls... that way you'll be able to see the AI when they brutalize you. :p

P.S. Hey Beagle, don't you knock that -- it got us the "famous" 1000+ AI videos. :D