I would like to congratulate the team behind Carrier Command: Gaea Mission for their hard work and release of Carrier Command: Gaea Mission. I've been watching for reviews and I have found one that gave the game an 8/10. Pretty good if you ask me. :)

Now you guys get to relax a little and have some fun! :dancehead:

I would like to congratulate the team behind Carrier Command: Gaea Mission for their hard work and release of Carrier Command: Gaea Mission. I've been watching for reviews and I have found one that gave the game an 8/10. Pretty good if you ask me. :)

Now you guys get to relax a little and have some fun! :dancehead:

I am right into the campaign and MUST say that its great!!!!

Congratulations on the fine work done.

it's very difficult for pc gamer the control key is very bad for move and other action i don't play with xbox controller just keyboard and mouse stop block the key for xbox only,i don't find voice in french subtittle is not good

but the game is very interesting beautiful graphism, interesting gameplay

Yes, the game rocks. The controls are a bit clunky and confusing at times (I'm a PC gamer as well) but by and large I'm happy with the game.

You get a :yay: while I wait on a multiplayer patch...

Found another review; this one is from Capsule Computers. Carrier Command: Gaea Mission Review (8/10)

Some quotes from the review:

This is where the game truly shines. Honestly I can not put into words how much fun I had as a commander and watching my AI units do as I commanded them.
Carrier Command: Gaea Mission will not be winning any awards for its visuals. The game looked more like Doom 3 than it does Battlefield 3. Though, this is not necessarily a bad thing.
The visuals in the game do their job and some pieces actually have a really good aesthetic behind them.
Take the Command Carrier itself, I simply love the design of it. I want a model. On my desk. So I can play with it in the bath.
Seriously though, all the units in the game are designed incredibly well and as long as you’re not a grumpy “hurr, graffix†type, you’ll probably agree with me that everything in the game looks incredibly nice. I particularly love the way the ocean looks as your Carrier flows through it. It’s a stunning view.
The Audio in this game is pretty well done.
I would recommend this title heartily.

i think that those ppl must have played another game... i am having fun with the ai as well, but not in a good way...

I have only been playing the campaign so far.

I have not completed it by a long shot yet, but I wanted to say a few words.

I played the original CC game back in the 80's, it was a good game then, and this new game only makes it better.

I'm an avid gamer and I honestly miss the games of old, most games today are all about spectacular graphics and nothing else.

I miss the days when games was just as much about the story as anything else, unlike today when developers put more effort into the graphics than the story and gameplay.

Carrier Command: Gaea Mission are one of a few rare gems in the game market today.

It offers more than just pretty graphics.

There are a good story, but most important it has good gameplay.

If the game dont win any awards, its because someone dont know a good game when they see one.

I was honestly concerned about how the game would turn out, considering how games today are mostly about pretty graphics.

So it is with great pleasure I offer my Congratulations and my Thank to the team behind this game.

This game was well worth the wait and the money I paid for it, and its a worthy successor to the original.

it's very difficult for pc gamer the control key is very bad for move and other action i don't play with xbox controller just keyboard and mouse stop block the key for xbox only

Not sure what exactly you want, but this thread may help you: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?140672-FFS-Back-to-Beta1-control-problem&highlight=johny

It's about deleting Joypad assignments and then you can redefine keys.

it's very difficult for pc gamer the control key is very bad for move and other action i don't play with xbox controller just keyboard and mouse stop block the key for xbox only,i don't find voice in french subtittle is not good

but the game is very interesting beautiful graphism, interesting gameplay

The game is great but the key controls for the PC version are a BIG BLACK MARK on the game. This is not a glitch, oversight or bug, they have no excuse, this should have been addressed before launch.

I wouldn't mind so much if it wasn't for the fact that the keys worked better for the PC in the Beta3.

I think the controls are the same as they were in beta 2 and beta 3. I think they maybe just turned up the mouse sensitivity it seems.

Nice strategic game mode with good variety of options! I like games which can be configured to be very easy (weak enemy, most of the islands conquered, high amount of resources) if you are new to a game. I don't like to lose in the first attempt. ;-)

congrats from me too, I am really enjoying playing and my favorite game in quite a while. Nice to know others are enjoying it too and not throwing a rage fit every time a walrus has a spaz. :-)

I think the controls are the same as they were in beta 2 and beta 3. I think they maybe just turned up the mouse sensitivity it seems.

In beta3 you could remap the arrow keys, you can't any more because the xbox says NO. Unless, that is, you hack your settings, which you shouldn't have to do.

Having played this game for about 8 hours or so in campaign I must say I really enjoy it!

Beside some issues, all which have been stated (and overstated), there is s ton of things with this game I appreciate!

It's the kind of game I find myself thinking "I'm having fun with this" rather than "It is fun". There former (I'm having fun with this) is what you think playing a game that allows for large amount of improvisation and different ways of tackle things. This is probably what I enjoy the most with the new CC. I hope reviewers will see beyond annoyances and discover the very good and fun core of the game.

Congrats to Bohemia on this release!

PS. REALLY looking forward to the island editor! :)

Thanks for the kind words everyone. We have been trying hard to make the game as enjoyable as possible. Mod tools are coming in a while, so you will be able to create missions of your own, even new campaigns. Or simply modifications of the existing campaign.

The controls are for me the weakest part of the game. I dont get it some keys like the F2 will give your units the command to dock but wow where is it in the menu? I know there is a key for it but what is in it? Only the key G and damn wtf is this when you press F6 ?

But what ever I like the game any way like I liked all bis games with crazy bugs, gj but please fix the keys and the squishy controls. It is really painful when a good game frustrate the player because the bad controls. Try to fly a manta without controller and without auto aim oh yah thats fun.... NOT, or give me my Joystick support hmn? But I must say I only play games where I can fly with the joystick so I guess I am just a bad player for mouse and keyboard flying things.

Serpentras, yes the UI only shows the first assignment. Currently, if you want to organize in depth, you can edit the ccsettings.xml.

Best regards from sol/earth/europe/germany/nrw

In beta3 you could remap the arrow keys, you can't any more because the xbox says NO. Unless, that is, you hack your settings, which you shouldn't have to do.

You shouldn't have to, if there's a GUI representation, true. But you cannot call "editing the configuration files" a hack. VERY fortunately BI chose to make it a text file. More arrogant projects which run under the attitude "the user is stupid" don't do this and even check hashsums to be sure, config files didn't get altered (Foobar2000 e.g.).

Edited by tortuosit

even check hashsums to be sure, config files didn't get altered

Whatever happened to .ini files?

Was nice to change those parameters manually just be editing a simple text file. These days - it's all XML. Not too intuitive for a mainframe guy like me.