Sign in to follow this  
stephsen

game support ?

I dont understand this game politics ,the Game support for this Game is a bad joke. 3 Patches in this long time ,no new game content ,and the biggest negative Point is that the Game is completed moding disabled.what is this ? Only the Community holds a game on Live,all other games without Mod support are in the foreseeable future death,what does it reach deep silver? The forum activity here is almost death,what for a Game Politic:j:

best Regards

I've long since wiped IF off my HD. Not even a hotfix for glowing units. Forget that, I've got better games to waste my time on.

Well, there is an on-going dispute between the publisher and BI - no-one really knows what the details are. All I would say is that as both Deep Silver (publishers) and BI (Engine Owners) and Steam (Distributor) all still have the game for sale - this leads me to believe that there is some kind of resolution hoped for. If any of these parties thought that the game was dead then it would (or should) have been withdrawn from sale I would think.

The developers AWAR have said that the next patch is ready to go as soon as the current difficulties are overcome. Let's hope this is sooner rather than later!

we are developers of the engine, not the developers behind the IrontFront game nor publisher of the IronFront game

all support responsibility lays on the game publisher and game developer ...

we are developers of the engine, not the developers behind the IrontFront game nor publisher of the IronFront game

all support responsibility lays on the game publisher and game developer ...

From what we have understood, the dispute is between BI and Deep Silver. If so, the responsability is also shared by BI. Any official word from BIS on that matter would be welcomed.

Edited by ProfTournesol

Such a shame... I bought this game even though I knew how bad all the reviews said it was, and then I saw for myself just what all the fuss was about, and then some. It's unfair to the people who supported this game by buying it to have spent that money, not been able to play through either of the campaigns, get no more of a choice for MP than 3-4 populated servers, and not be able to mod it (apparently).

If it's all just about politics, that the game was released prematurely, the updates did little, and now everything has been put on hold while the responsible parties point fingers and argue endlessly, then I think those of us who spent our hard-earned dollars (or franks, pounds, rupees, whatever) on it should get some sort of a refund. I was also forced to uninstall this game as it did nothing but take up space on my HD, I couldn't play it without getting frustrated 5-15 mins in.

Well whoever is responsible for the delay, better sure something up real fast and release a patch otherwise there isn't going to be a game to save with the mass exodus due to bugs and lack of interest regarding content and expansion.

What pisses me off more than anything is that of all the parties involved not one of them will make even one simple statement officially yet all continue to sell it and make a profit off of it.

I sent an email to Koch Media the owners of Deep Silver. As far as Koch Media claim, there has been no patch made for iron front. I just don't know who to believe.

Well whoever is responsible for the delay, better sure something up real fast and release a patch otherwise there isn't going to be a game to save with the mass exodus due to bugs and lack of interest regarding content and expansion.

What pisses me off more than anything is that of all the parties involved not one of them will make even one simple statement officially yet all continue to sell it and make a profit off of it.

I sent an email to Koch Media the owners of Deep Silver. As far as Koch Media claim, there has been no patch made for iron front. I just don't know who to believe.

That's because typically when in legal situations, you do not discuss them with the public.

well its taking forever for this legal situation, they won't have a game to squabble about if they don't do something soon.

The devs (at AWAR) themselves confirmed that the patch was ready to go, but they were prevented from releasing it due to the dispute. As Nicholas said, as it is a contractual dispute none of the interested parties will discuss it - especially if it is being pursued legally.

well its taken a while, so I guess it must be over for this game huh? or do you think its got a chance?

All I can say is that Whatever it is that is going on, its not good for us, the customer. have deep silver been in this position before with any other titles ? a friend of mine suggested that they had.

I'm afraid the game is dying for the bitching over royalities between DeepSilver and BIS. And the finished new patch couldn't update the game for such dispute. And all of we game buyers are suffering for nobody paying to royalities.

I hope there will be some kind of cease fire and at least a fix for the glowing pumpkin heads. Now I need to choose between bad stability and glowing. :(

I hope there will be some kind of cease fire and at least a fix for the glowing pumpkin heads. Now I need to choose between bad stability and glowing. :(

True. Hope someone at BIS' will listen to us and maybe find some kind of solution, mostly ease the patch release AND find a way to mod the game more easily.

I believe what Panzer Baron told about a held patch finished. The owner of Deep Silver made lies to us. And ask him who should pay the royalities! He ruins the game just to save what a publisher should pay! No patch plan? Does he think it's normal that the game buyers should have the bugs like the pumpkin faces and others all time?! Is it what this publisher should give to their customers after getting money from them but do nothing for any future support? If its just the way of their service, I can say all Deep Silver's other games would totally fail as well like this one!

I think it's pointless to wait for any hope or miracle from Deepsilver to change the fate of IF. It's the time of AWAR to take actions to get new cooperators to develope the game with the help of BIS.

Edited by Fkymplbo

One way I had thought that it might have been better to have just released a mod to Arma2CO like I44 Team did,

I mean the sarmat crew, or the original makers of the Lib mod 41-45 for OFP did an amazing job at that mod, and I still play with it.

I'm still unsure as if the any members of Lib mod team help make IF, I asked ProfTournesol about this.

I think a mod would ahev gotten mroe attention and response then IF is getting, provided the modder keep supporting.

Politics over money or rights or what have you should have been decided from the start, and I'd assume it was, so then what actually is the real problem then,

personally at this stage I'd be more confident in BIS fixing the game if it were theirs then where this is going.

You guys remember Lib Mod:

"Steel troops 2" -Operation Flashpoint-

Idk about some of you guys but Im a serious WW2 fan, have been for a long time, and IF having its bugs, the game is still playable,

Im sure it will be worked out but we have yet to see.

I'm not one to abandon a cool game like this, to me its not a waste of time to play, in years past I had spent countless hours in

various mods, and missions/games of WW2 just loving the experience, being a WW2 history buff, any experience close to the reality

of those times is amazing, for such fans know how to appreciate what they have versus those that view it as just another game.

Surely some things, and I can list many that can be changed, adjusted, made better, or done especially fixes of course but again the game is playable,

i personally played OFP back int he day Lib mod, I44, FDF WW2 in sp in the editor for ages before i got into MP, surely theres folks like that still in the community?

Let us hope that this situation gets straightened out, i am willing to support the community of IF, off topic a bit here sorry

but i am planning to build sp missions possibly mp missions for IF sometime this fall, maybe this month to release the way things are going for me.

One way I had thought that it might have been better to have just released a mod to Arma2CO like I44 Team did,

I mean the sarmat crew, or the original makers of the Lib mod 41-45 for OFP did an amazing job at that mod, and I still play with it.

I'm still unsure as if the any members of Lib mod team help make IF, I asked ProfTournesol about this.

The dev team comes mainly from SARMAT modding team (see this interview at OFPEC : http://www.ofpec.com/intel_depot/index.php?action=read_on&id=572#details)

Is there any connection between Sarmat (OFP Liberation modification 1941-1945 developers) and AWAR studio? If so, can you elaborate on that affiliation?

Vasileios: The part of Sarmat working on the mod transformed into AWAR studio to create Iron Front. Let me introduce our core team and their achievements - some of them are known from Sarmat.

Arsenij Smirnov aka Senchi - He created all by himself our four terrains with the largest one being 16x16 km.

Anatoliy Astashko aka TTHAM - He created almost all the tanks, and almost all the buildings for our terrains.

Sergey Permyakov aka Sofd - The creator of the tank system and various feature systems.

Mikhail Gorbunov aka GMS - Our main config guru and creator of the small arms.

Aleksei Timoshenko aka RusPartizan - The modeler of all our trucks.

VasilevVasili aka Wass - The sole designer of the German campaign.

Ivan Zimin and Sergey Basharovski aka DesertEagle and SniperGRU - The main designers of the Russian campaign.

Aleksandr Shelegeda aka AleksF1 - My personal assistant in the development of the infantry.

Igor Sandiuk and Vladimir Tarasenko aka Ingvar and Madcap - Our artillery modelers.

Yuri Pasholok and Sergey Khazov aka Taranov and Ingeneer - Our historical consultants.

One of them at least (Ingeneer) was on the OFP libMod team : http://ofp.gamepark.cz/_hosted/lib4145/libteam.htm

I wish such a former member of Sarmat or Lib Mod could release an unofficial patch to fix the current version of IF outside of DP. And also making it a symbol to get the game out of controlling of the three-party members. Let it be an open up game for free mods!

The weird thing is that BIS are currently offering this on sale at 50% off (£9.99). Now I would have thought that if they were not confident about the future support of this game then they would not still be selling it. It is especially strange that they are doing this in the middle of a royalties dispute with the publishers.

Thank you very much for the information ProfTournesol, that really clarifies it for me that

it is indeed the sarmat, Lib mod team doing Iron Front.

When i read this:

Please tell us a little bit about the history of Iron Front. How did this project start, who were the original developers

of the mod for ArmA2 and how did it become a commercial game?

Vasileios: “Iron Front Liberation 1944†was first a small mod by the name “Liberation 1941-45†from Sarmat for Arma 2.

We found the inspiration to make it into a commercial game, because a lot of people were interested in it. Luckily we found

an investor to make our dream come true - and so the story for X1 Software/AWAR was began.

Made me very happy.

I wish such a former member of Sarmat or Lib Mod could release an unofficial patch to fix the current version of IF outside of DP.

I agree. Maybe I missed it somewhere but why can these guys AWAR release a patch for us?

Are they restricted by deepsilver, or whats the deal, I mean these guys built the game whats the problem?

So i've read and not sure if its 100% but Bis is not getting royalties from sales of the game, or something so a dispute, so again what

does any of that have to do with AWar from releasing a patch and fixes, and upgrading the game?

I knew something like this would happen, should have just stuck with building an awesome mod, and ask for donations.

Man now I miss the old OFP days when folks built stuff because they loved what they were doing, and loved the game and thats all there was,

there were no 20 other DLC's and 3 other games BIS was working on, it was all OFP, and the world of modders, I mean it was like Christmas everyday

because someone would release a new addon, or update, or something, I remember having my homepage set to OFP.info back int he day, man that

was old school gaming right there, when you could appreciate a game even though the game was old looking.

Lib mod had more tanks, and units, and artillery guns then anything, same with the FDF WW2 mod.

Speaking of which I still have screenshots from back in the day of Lib mod tanks and units and stuff.

Check out my OFP Liberation 1941-45 Mod album out here:

http://entertainment.webshots.com/album/572113039SJPxIN?vhost=entertainment&start=0

AWAR look at what you did for Lib mod back in the day and you'll know what to do with Iron Front.

The weird thing is that BIS are currently offering this on sale at 50% off (£9.99).

What!? 9.99 is that euros, is that still $29? as thats what I paid on Bis store.

What!? 9.99 is that euros, is that still $29? as thats what I paid on Bis store.

No, it's pounds sterling. That's about US$16 at the moment.

The weird thing is that BIS are currently offering this on sale at 50% off (£9.99). Now I would have thought that if they were not confident about the future support of this game then they would not still be selling it. It is especially strange that they are doing this in the middle of a royalties dispute with the publishers.

I must say that this is a little shocking. "Buy the game, it's cheap but there won't be any patch" ? Why promote a game if any futher patch releases aren't possible ?

I must say that this is a little shocking. "Buy the game, it's cheap but there won't be any patch" ? Why promote a game if any futher patch releases aren't possible ?

I am giving them the benefit of the doubt at the moment and assuming that they see a resolution to the difficulties soon. I really hope this is true as the alternative saddens me for many reasons.

I am giving them the benefit of the doubt at the moment and assuming that they see a resolution to the difficulties soon. I really hope this is true as the alternative saddens me for many reasons.

I appreciate this optimism, and considering all the love we give to BIS, i'll try to share it :)

BUT, the best way to sell the game would be to allow patch release AND modding support.