Hi,

first of all a big thx for this great mod, and sec, sry for my bad english.

I play this since a few Weeks and there are a few Problems which destroy the Game. Of Course Hackers but thats not ur Problem, Teamkiller, it would be nice if u can integrated a Anti Teamkill Option (enable/disable function) to get Server clean, a Auto Team Balance Function which balanced Teams before the Game starts, and the commander vote. The Commander vote is most Time useless because the Players dont want vote or they dont know and cant even learn that because they dont know any word of english maybe, whatever it is. So my Idea is, if the Team want to Vote commander it have to reactivate his own voice and this by every vote, until they got a commander. As example: u have 25 Players on Team A, and only 5 of them care about who is commander, so first they have to click on a button to reactivate their voice for vote, and now the game only counts the 5 voice for commander vote, so u need only 3 vocie to get a new commander.

I hope my explaining is good enough, i mean u did just great with that mod, but these Options would be very nice to make this Game more beautiful as it is. Thank you!

Regards

EDIT: Why is it possible for BLUEFOR to buy Repairtrucks with LF1 and OPFOR only by LF2. If they do Basehunting, has BLUEFORE a better Option, this should be balanced. Both LF1 or LF2 to get Repair Truck (CO Version)

Hey,

Anti Teamkill is planned :), i was thinking of a prison system where a song (anoying one ofc) would play in loop.

Regarding commander vote, I think i'll make a slot which will always be the default commander (if the parameter is enabled). Vote will remain in case of mutinery :)

http://www.abload.de/img/adnci9.png (602 kB) http://www.abload.de/img/luvimn.png (833 kB)

~80 Vehicles availible in the Light factory, ~50 in the Aircraft Factory and ~40 in the Heavy Vehicles Factory on Blufor side alone. I am SLOWLY getting there :D

Im having a bit of a problem with bounty/salvaging/triggering towns with some vehicles though. Japanese vehicles dont want to trigger towns at all, getting bounty from the added vehicles seems to be random at best and most do not work with salvaging. Do i need to add them to different config files than core_x and units_x to make everything work, or is that a config problem within the mods?

I think that the problem is the config inheritance. Some mods do not inherit from the BIS default config tree (http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA_2:_CfgVehicles) So you have to add them in the detection scripts (grep for nearEntities).

This the the default detection array. So if a mod do not inherit from "Car" (Land >> LandVehicle >> Car) but inherits from a custom class (Land >> LandVehicle >> PimpCar) then you have to add it to the scope

_detected = (_location nearEntities [["Man","Car","Motorcycle","Tank","Air","Ship"]...
_detected = (_location nearEntities [["Man","Car","PimpCar","Motorcycle","Tank","Air","Ship"]...

Or you can do it the lazy way and use AllVehicles (hopefully the mod inherit from it!):

_detected = (_location nearEntities [["Man","Car","Motorcycle","Tank","Air","Ship"],   ...
_detected = (_location nearEntities ["AllVehicles",   ...

I will change those detection script to AllVehicles soon.

Hi Benny I'm back with more AI issues!

By the way sorry if me constantly reporting AI issues is getting annoying. I play a lot of coop with my friends (and sp sometimes also) so I really notice the AI. Anyway onto the bugs; these bugs are mostly regarding general weirdness of the AI that comes up after 1-2 hours of play:

Game info: (v0.73, INFANTRY ONLY)

1. Most importantly, getting stuck: This is different from the "all AI freezes after a while" issue that I reported before. This issue can even happen on a small 6v6 game on zargabad. Basically, after about 2 hours in AI squads will get stuck in place, mostly at base. Not all at once though. 2 hours in maybe one squad gets stuck, then another 30 min another two get stuck. They basically just stand in one spot and don't move, and even when you kill them to get them moving again, most of the time they will get stuck again shortly. I'm guessing it's due to an accumulation of errors that after 2 hours or so prevents the AI squads from functioning properly?

2. Heading in some random direction away from battle: Sometimes happens to 1 or 2 squad after 2 hours of play. They just suddenly decides to move towards the edge of the map (where they gets stuck).

3. AI ALWAYS in combat mode: yeah, even if the AI squad just respawned at base, and base is at least 2k away from any action, the still move in combat mode, which means they take forever to reach their objective. Again this only happens after about 2 hours into the game.

4. General glitchiness: Not sure if it's due to ArmA or warfare BE; but at around about two hours in the AI gets glitchy in general. You can no longer rely on them to capture towns, they take AGES to complete objectives, become unresponsive (if I am playing as commander) and in some cases jump on ATVs and start riding around aimlessly in circles until they are killed!

http://www.abload.de/img/adnci9.png (602 kB) http://www.abload.de/img/luvimn.png (833 kB)

~80 Vehicles availible in the Light factory, ~50 in the Aircraft Factory and ~40 in the Heavy Vehicles Factory on Blufor side alone. I am SLOWLY getting there :D

Im having a bit of a problem with bounty/salvaging/triggering towns with some vehicles though. Japanese vehicles dont want to trigger towns at all, getting bounty from the added vehicles seems to be random at best and most do not work with salvaging. Do i need to add them to different config files than core_x and units_x to make everything work, or is that a config problem within the mods?

You should share that custom mission later on.

Where did you guys find 073-3 version? What are the biggest differences compared to 073-2?

Is AI commander suppose to work, or am I doing something wrong? When I choose AI as commander, they build some buildings, then do nothing.

The AI commander in version 73 is bugged. You can try version 71 which runs fine.

The AI commander in version 73 is bugged. You can try version 71 which runs fine.

Nope, just tried this.

When I start, every AI unit is rushing into a truck, everyone then drives at the same location. After a few minutes the AI commander builds a few building. After that the AI commander just keeps spawning men that rushes in the same direction. No cars, nothing.

The AI commander is definately bugged right now but ive never heard of that particular bug before. For me the ai commander builds everything but stops buying upgrades after 2barracks,2gear,2light and 1 supply. Must have something to do with the beta patches, although it doesnt work for me on non-beta anymore either.

We will all have to wait for Benny to rewrite the AI.

You should share that custom mission later on.

I will definately release it when im done but im far from being finished. I havent even started working on OPFOR yet... At least my rewrite of all BLUFOR AI Squads is now pretty much finished with some randomness to ensure they buy different stuff each time you play the mission, including mod content.

I think that the problem is the config inheritance. Some mods do not inherit from the BIS default config tree (http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA_2:_CfgVehicles) So you have to add them in the detection scripts (grep for nearEntities).

This the the default detection array. So if a mod do not inherit from "Car" (Land >> LandVehicle >> Car) but inherits from a custom class (Land >> LandVehicle >> PimpCar) then you have to add it to the scope

_detected = (_location nearEntities [["Man","Car","Motorcycle","Tank","Air","Ship"]...
_detected = (_location nearEntities [["Man","Car","PimpCar","Motorcycle","Tank","Air","Ship"]...

Or you can do it the lazy way and use AllVehicles (hopefully the mod inherit from it!):

_detected = (_location nearEntities [["Man","Car","Motorcycle","Tank","Air","Ship"],   ...
_detected = (_location nearEntities ["AllVehicles",   ...

I will change those detection script to AllVehicles soon.

Didnt help with the japanese vehicles unfortunately. Probably has something to do with the mod itself, ill investigate it further when ive got more time, thanks anyways.

Well it is not an SP Mission, so you need to host it to make it work, but every slot plus commander can also be filled/done by AI. So yes, it can be played in SP, i do it all the time. The AI is a little bugged though and is being rewritten for the next version, so keep that in mind if the AI gets stuck on the map, or the AI commander stops building stuff.

Id suggest you use a dedicated server+client on your PC, as hosting it using just the client has way worse performance. If you just want to test some units set the money and supply parameters of the side you wanna play to the maximum value and set Upgrades to all.

If anyone wants to test out the 071 version.

Ive fired up a server for people to try out.

Cherno / Taki / Zarg maps have been loaded on to it.

b_560_95_1.png

Edited by kaysio

Well it is not an SP Mission, so you need to host it to make it work, but every slot plus commander can also be filled/done by AI. So yes, it can be played in SP, i do it all the time. The AI is a little bugged though and is being rewritten for the next version, so keep that in mind if the AI gets stuck on the map, or the AI commander stops building stuff.

Id suggest you use a dedicated server+client on your PC, as hosting it using just the client has way worse performance. If you just want to test some units set the money and supply parameters of the side you wanna play to the maximum value and set Upgrades to all.

Thanks mate. I've used both the arma2oaserver.exe (with mod parameters) and Tophe's excellent TA2DST tool with success. The only thing is when I tried loading the CBA, BWMODS and RKSL addons I always get the message KPFS_BW requires addon CAWheeled2_VWGolf. Even though when I run the same mods in single player I don't get the same message. I've made sure the CBA mods go first but the problem remains. I'm not sure whether the server doesn't run in Combined Ops for some reason? Seeing as I'm using a OA dedicated server. I put every mod folder in my OA directory.

Weird. WFBE doesnt require any mods at all, so maybe youre better off deactivating the ones bugging out for you. On the other hand i have something around 60 mods activated on both my dedicated (beta version, started using TA2DST) and my client (beta version, started using Arma II launcher) and it works perfectly. What do you use to launch your Arma 2 Client? I did encounter weird problems with mods not being loaded in the past before i started using Arma II launcher. Apart from that id try redownloading and reinstalling the BWMODS as CAWheeled2_VWGolf is clearly a part of one of those.

Weird. WFBE doesnt require any mods at all, so maybe youre better off deactivating the ones bugging out for you. On the other hand i have something around 60 mods activated on both my dedicated (beta version, started using TA2DST) and my client (beta version, started using Arma II launcher) and it works perfectly. What do you use to launch your Arma 2 Client? I did encounter weird problems with mods not being loaded in the past before i started using Arma II launcher. Apart from that id try redownloading and reinstalling the BWMODS as CAWheeled2_VWGolf is clearly a part of one of those.

I actually use SpiritedMachine's ArmA II Launcher for solo and online play. The BWMods work absolutely fine when I run them from it. It's only when I try to run them on the dedicated server that I experience problems. Do I need to include an additional path to the dedicated server exe/TA2DST for Combine Ops or something? Saying that I can't find CAWheeled2_VWGolf in ArmA 2 nor OA. Thing is I've installed the BWMod and BW Compilation addons from the threads here and then again from Six Updater (after it said my version didn't match theirs). The problem still remains.

Update - I've found this:

ARMA 2: Combined Operations (v1.52.71816, v1.07.71750) CfgPatches entries

CAData
   HALO_Test
   CAAnimals
   CA_Anims
   CA_Anims_Sdr
   CA_Anims_Wmn
   CA_Anims_E
   CA_Anims_E_Sdr
   CA_Anims_E_Wmn
   CABuildings
   CA_E
   CA_Heads
   CAData_ParticleEffects
   CA_Dubbing
   CA_Dubbing_Counterattack
   CA_Dubbing_E
   CA_Editor
   CALanguage
   CALanguage_e
   CALanguage_missions
   CALanguage_missions_e
   CA_HC_Sounds
   CA_Modules
   CA_Missions_AlternativeInjurySimulation
   CA_Modules_Alice
   CA_Missions_AmbientCombat
   CA_Modules_Animals
   CA_Missions_BattlefieldClearance
   CA_Modules_clouds
   CA_Modules_Coin
   CA_Modules_DynO
   CA_Missions_FirstAidSystem
   CA_Modules_Functions
   CA_Missions_GarbageCollector
   CA_HighCommand
   CA_Modules_Marta
   CA_Modules_Silvie
   BI_SRRS
   CA_Modules_UAV
   CA_Modules_ZoRA
   CA_Modules_E
   CA_Modules_Alice2
   CA_Modules_E_DynO
   CA_Modules_E_Functions
   CA_Modules_E_Gita
   CA_Modules_E_Jukebox
   CA_Modules_E_OO
   CA_Support
   CA_Modules_E_UAV
   CA_Modules_E_UAV_Heli
   CA_Modules_E_Weather
   CAMusic
   CARoads2
   CARoads2Bridge
   CARoads2Dam
   CARoads_E
   CARocks2
   CARocks_E
   CASigns2
   CASounds_Missions
   CA_SoundsMissions_E
   CASounds
   CASounds_E
   CAStructures
   CAStructures_A_BuildingWIP
   CAStructures_A_CraneCon
   CAStructuresLand_A_MunicipalOffice
   CAStructuresBarn_W
   CAStructures_Castle
   CAStructuresHouse
   CAStructuresHouse_A_FuelStation
   CAStructuresHouse_A_Hospital
   CAStructuresHouse_A_Office01
   CAStructuresHouse_A_Office02
   CAStructuresHouse_a_stationhouse
   CAStructuresHouse_Church_02
   CAStructuresHouse_Church_03
   CAStructuresHouse_Church_05R
   CAStructuresHouse_HouseBT
   CAStructuresHouse_HouseV2
   CAStructuresHouse_HouseV
   CAStructuresLand_Ind_Stack_Big
   CAStructures_IndPipe1
   CAStructuresInd_Quarry
   Ind_SawMill
   CAStructures_Mil
   CAStructures_Misc_Powerlines
   CAStructures_Nav
   CAStructuresLand_Nav_Boathouse
   pond_test
   CAStructures_Proxy_BuildingParts
   CAStructures_Proxy_Ruins
   CAStructures_Rail
   CAStructuresHouse_rail_station_big
   CAStructures_Ruins
   CAStructuresShed_Small
   CAStructuresHouse_Shed_Ind
   CAStructures_Wall
   CAFonts
   Utes
   CA_Animals2
   CA_Animals2_Anim_Config
   CA_Animals2_Chicken
   CA_Animals2_Cow
   CA_Animals2_Dogs
   CA_Animals2_Dogs_Fin
   CA_Animals2_Dogs_Pastor
   CA_Animals2_Goat
   CA_Animals2_Rabbit
   CA_Animals2_Sheep
   CA_Animals2_WildBoar
   CA_Animals_E
   CA_Anims_Char
   CABuildings2
   A_Crane_02
   A_GeneralStore_01
   CABuildings2_A_Pub
   A_statue
   Barn_Metal
   Church_01
   Farm_Cowshed
   Farm_WTower
   CAHouseBlock_A
   CAHouseBlock_B
   CAHouseBlock_C
   CAHouseBlock_D
   HouseRuins
   Ind_Dopravnik
   Ind_Expedice
   Ind_MalyKomin
   Ind_Mlyn
   Ind_Pec
   ind_silomale
   Ind_SiloVelke
   Ind_Vysypka
   Ind_Garage01
   CAStructures_IndPipe1_todo_delete
   IndPipe2
   Ind_Shed_01
   Ind_Shed_02
   Ind_Tank
   Ind_Workshop01
   CABuildings2_Misc_Cargo
   Misc_PowerStation
   Misc_WaterStation
   Rail_House_01
   Shed_small
   Shed_wooden
   CA_E_ParticleEffects
   CA_DubbingRadio_E
   CA_Missions
   CA_Missions_E
   CAMusic_E
   A_TVTower
   CAStructures_Nav_pier
   CAStructures_Railway
   CAStructures_E
   CAStructures_E_HouseA
   CAStructures_E_HouseA_A_BuildingWIP
   CAStructures_E_HouseA_A_CityGate1
   CAStructures_E_HouseA_A_Minaret
   CAStructures_E_HouseA_A_Minaret_Porto
   CAStructures_E_HouseA_A_Mosque_big
   CAStructures_E_HouseA_A_Mosque_small
   CAStructures_E_HouseA_A_Office01
   CAStructures_E_HouseA_a_stationhouse
   CAStructures_E_HouseA_A_Villa
   CAStructures_E_HouseC
   CAStructures_E_HouseK
   CAStructures_E_HouseL
   CAStructures_E_Ind
   CAStructures_E_Ind_Ind_Coltan_Mine
   CAStructures_E_Ind_Ind_FuelStation
   CAStructures_E_Ind_Ind_Garage01
   CAStructures_E_Ind_Oil_Mine
   CAStructures_E_Ind_IndPipes
   CAStructures_E_Ind_Misc_PowerStation
   CAStructures_E_Ind_Ind_Shed
   CAStructures_E_Mil
   CAStructures_E_Misc
   CAStructures_E_Misc_Misc_cables
   CAStructures_E_Misc_Misc_Construction
   CAStructures_E_Misc_Misc_Garbage
   CAStructures_E_Misc_Misc_Lamp
   CAStructures_E_Misc_Misc_powerline
   CAStructures_E_Misc_Misc_Water
   CAStructures_E_Misc_Misc_Well
   CAStructures_E_Wall
   CAStructures_E_Wall_Wall_L
   CAUI
   CAWeapons
   CAWeapons_AK
   CAWeapons_AmmoBoxes
   CAWeapons_bizon
   CAWeapons_Colt1911
   CAWeapons_DMR
   CAweapons_ksvk
   CAWeapons_M1014
   CAweapons_m107
   CAWeapons_M252_81mm_Mortar
   CAWeapons_Metis_AT_13
   CAWeapons_2b14_82mm_Mortar
   CAWeapons_Saiga12K
   CAWeapons_SPG9
   CAWeapons_VSS_vintorez
   CAWeapons_ZU23
   CAWeapons_E_AmmoBoxes
   DFS_benchmark
   CACharacters
   CACharacters_E_Head
   CAMisc2
   CAMisc
   CA_Missions_Armory2
   CA_Missions_SecOps
   CA_Missions_Templates_SecOps
   CA_Missions_E_Armory2
   CA_Missions_E_SecOps
   CA_Missions_E_Templates_SecOps
   CA_Modules_StratLayer
   Warfare2
   Warfare2_E
   CAWater
   CAWeapons2
   CAWeapons2_HuntingRifle
   CAWeapons2_RPG18
   CAWeapons2_SMAW
   CAWeapons_Kord
   CABuildingParts
   CABuildingParts_Signs
   CATEC
   CACharacters2
   CACharacters_E
   Chernarus
   missions_ew
   CATracked
   CAWater2
   CAWater2_Destroyer
   CAWater2_fishing_boat
   CAWater2_Fregata
   CAWater2_LHD
   CAWater2_seafox
   CAWater2_smallboat_1
   CAWeapons_Warfare_weapons
   CAWeapons_E
   CAWeapons_E_AGS
   CAWeapons_E_AK
   CAWeapons_E_Colt1911
   CAWeapons_E_D30
   CAWeapons_E_DSHKM
   CAWeapons_E_FIM92_static
   CAWeapons_E_fnfal
   CAWeapons_E_G36
   CAWeapons_E_GrenadeLauncher
   CAWeapons_E_Igla
   CAWeapons_E_Javelin
   CAWeapons_E_KORD
   CAWeapons_E_ksvk
   CAWeapons_E_LeeEnfield
   CAweapons_E_m107
   CAWeapons_E_M110
   CAWeapons_E_M119_Howitzer
   CAWeapons_E_M136
   CAWeapons_E_M14
   CAWeapons_E_M16
   CAWeapons_E_M240
   CAWeapons_E_M252_81mm_Mortar
   CAWeapons_E_M2StaticMG
   CAWeapons_E_M47
   CAWeapons_E_M9
   CAWeapons_E_MAAWS
   CAWeapons_E_Makarov
   CAWeapons_E_Metis
   CAWeapons_E_Mk19_MiniTriPod
   CAWeapons_E_PK
   CAWeapons_E_Podnos_2b14_82mm
   CAWeapons_E_RPG18
   CAWeapons_E_RPG7
   CAWeapons_E_scar
   CAWeapons_E_Searchlight
   CAWeapons_E_SPG9
   CAWeapons_E_STATIC
   CAWeapons_E_Stinger
   CAWeapons_E_Strela
   CAWeapons_E_TOW
   CAWeapons_E_ZU23
   CAWheeled
   CAWheeled_Pickup
   CAWheeled_Offroad
   CAAir
   CAMisc3
   CAWater2_seafox_EP1
   CAStructures_E_Misc_Misc_Interier
   CAStructures_E_Misc_Misc_Market
   CATracked2
   CATracked2_2S6M_Tunguska
   CATracked2_AAV
   CATracked2_BMP3
   CATracked2_T34
   CATracked2_T90
   CATracked2_us_m270mlrs
   CATracked_E
   CATracked_E_BMP2
   CATracked_E_M113
   CATracked_E_M1_Abrams
   CATracked_E_M2A2_Bradley
   CATracked_E_T34
   CATracked_E_T55
   CATracked_E_T72
   CATracked_E_us_m270mlrs
   CATracked_E_ZSU
   CAWheeled2
   CAWheeled2_BTR90
   CAWheeled2_GAZ39371
   CAWheeled2_HMMWV_BASE
   CAWheeled2_M1114_Armored
   CAWheeled2_HMMWV_Ambulance
   CAWheeled2_M998A2_Avenger
   CAWheeled2_Ikarus
   CAWheeled2_Kamaz
   CAWheeled2_LADA
   CAWheeled2_LAV25
   CAWheeled2_MMT
   CAWheeled2_MTVR
   CAWheeled2_TowingTractor
   CAWheeled2_V3S
   CAWheeled2_VWGolf
   CAWheeled3
   CAWheeled3_M1030
   CAWheeled3_TT650
   CAWheeled_E
   CAWheeled_E_ATV
   CAWheeled_E_BRDM2
   CAWheeled_E_BTR40
   CAWheeled_E_BTR60
   CAWheeled_E_Pickup
   CAWheeled_E_Offroad
   CAWheeled_E_HMMWV
   CAWheeled_E_Ikarus
   CAWheeled_E_LADA
   CAWheeled_E_LandRover
   CAWheeled_E_M1030
   CAWheeled_E_MTVR
   CAWheeled_E_Old_bike
   CAWheeled_E_Old_moto
   CAWheeled_E_s1203
   CAWheeled_E_SCUD
   CAWheeled_E_stryker
   CAWheeled_E_SUV
   CAWheeled_E_TT650
   CAWheeled_E_UAZ
   CAWheeled_E_Ural
   CAWheeled_E_V3S
   CAWheeled_E_Volha
   CAA10
   CA_AH64D
   CAAir2
   CAAir2_C130J
   CAAir2_ChukarTarget
   CAAir2_F35B
   Arma2_Ka52
   CAAir2_MQ9PredatorB
   CAAir2_MV22
   CAAir2_Pchela1T
   CA_AIR2_Su25
   CAAir2_UH1Y
   CAAir3
   CAAir3_Su34
   CAAir_E
   CAAir_E_A10
   CAAir_E_AH64D
   CAAir_E_AH6J
   CAAir_E_An2
   CAAir_E_C130J
   CAAir_E_CH_47F
   CAAir_E_Halo
   CAAir_E_MI8
   CAAir_E_Mi24
   CA_AIR_E_MQ9PredatorB
   CA_AIR_E_Su25
   CAAir_E_UH1H_EP1
   CAAir_E_UH60M
   CA_L39
   WarfareBuildings
   CAMisc_E
   CAMisc_E_WF
   CA_Modules_ARTY
   CASigns_E
   Takistan
   Warfare2Vehicles
   zargabad
   CA_CruiseMissile
   Desert_E

http://deadfast.armaholic.eu/cfgpatches/co.html

It lists CAWheeled2_VWGolf there but I'm sure my version is patched correctly as I've played online.

Edited by Mach2Infinity

Well, im kinda lost then. All i can tell you is that you dont need an additional link to a CO server exe. All i do is select the arma2oaserver.exe from \Expansion\beta\ (While it is not required to run the beta version i do get better performance from it so thats what i use). Then i select the mods in the Mods tab and the mission in the Missions tab, switch reporting ip over to "private server" and save the profile.

Did you try placing the BWMod Golf in the editor? I think the client is a lot more accepting when it comes to mods with missing bits than a server checking the connecting client's mods... im not sure though.

You might want to check out the support section of the forum for this problem, my knowledge of hosting/mod problems is pretty limited, i bet people there can help you better than i can. All i can tell you is that it is definately not a WFBE problem.

Thanks, yeah it has to be something to do with the mods somewhere. I'll post in the troubleshooting thread.

On a separate note I tried out Warefare BE on my machine last night and it ran like a charm. No slowdown until I got in the air but that's expected as it's Chernarus. The team A.I kicked arse and the enemy A.I commander built an impressive base. It even put walls around the buildings heh. Really enjoyed it so fair play Benny. :)

Hi Benny I'm back with more AI issues!

By the way sorry if me constantly reporting AI issues is getting annoying. I play a lot of coop with my friends (and sp sometimes also) so I really notice the AI. Anyway onto the bugs; these bugs are mostly regarding general weirdness of the AI that comes up after 1-2 hours of play:

Game info: (v0.73, INFANTRY ONLY)

1. Most importantly, getting stuck: This is different from the "all AI freezes after a while" issue that I reported before. This issue can even happen on a small 6v6 game on zargabad. Basically, after about 2 hours in AI squads will get stuck in place, mostly at base. Not all at once though. 2 hours in maybe one squad gets stuck, then another 30 min another two get stuck. They basically just stand in one spot and don't move, and even when you kill them to get them moving again, most of the time they will get stuck again shortly. I'm guessing it's due to an accumulation of errors that after 2 hours or so prevents the AI squads from functioning properly?

2. Heading in some random direction away from battle: Sometimes happens to 1 or 2 squad after 2 hours of play. They just suddenly decides to move towards the edge of the map (where they gets stuck).

3. AI ALWAYS in combat mode: yeah, even if the AI squad just respawned at base, and base is at least 2k away from any action, the still move in combat mode, which means they take forever to reach their objective. Again this only happens after about 2 hours into the game.

4. General glitchiness: Not sure if it's due to ArmA or warfare BE; but at around about two hours in the AI gets glitchy in general. You can no longer rely on them to capture towns, they take AGES to complete objectives, become unresponsive (if I am playing as commander) and in some cases jump on ATVs and start riding around aimlessly in circles until they are killed!

UPDATE: ok I have playing/testing 0.71 a lot recently - and I have to say - most of the problems I mentioned in my last post do not apply. After a couple of 3 hour sessions, the AI did not slow down, or freeze, or go retarded. So it seems that most of these problems are only associated with 0.73 (except for the saving/loading problem). In general the AI in 0.71 seems a lot more reliable than the one in 0.73; they defend towns better, they capture objectives much more swiftly, etc. Does anyone know what change between 0.71 and 0.73 is causing these problems?

p.s. Unfortunately my attempts at locating the issue on my own have been futile. Benny's scripts are just way too complicated for my tiny little brain to comprehend :(

Kavoriken - if I want to try mods with Warfare BE, say ones that belong to the independent faction, would I need to open the mission up in the editor and attach them to the module or something? Or do they need to be written into the mission?

Kavoriken - if I want to try mods with Warfare BE, say ones that belong to the independent faction, would I need to open the mission up in the editor and attach them to the module or something? Or do they need to be written into the mission?

Its not so easy. You need to rewrite the hole units table, for each unit that is in the mod and each side.

Yes, as liukang168 said, its not that easy. That is why it has already taken me a couple of months to add just a handful of mods to WFBE. If you want to know more about the process of adding things to the mission, check out Bennys tutorial here: https://dev-heaven.net/projects/warfare-be/wiki/Editing

It does not require that much knowledge about modding or editing, but it is a lot of work. Finding out all the classnames of the units, putting them into the mission, calculating values to make sure there is SOME sort of balance and adding them to the squads to make sure the AI buys them... thats the basic process.

Ive said it before: A WFBE Editor with a classname database of all the mods out there would be so sweet. Just click whatever vehicle you want in your mission, add some values and let the editor compile the SQF for you. But unfortunately something like that does not exist... and i highly doubt that there is enough interest to justify the amount of work youd have with a project like that.

Maybe if BIS ever adds auto-mod-download on server connect for Arma 3, adding mod content to WFBE will actually make sense for more people than just SP players...

Edited by Kavoriken

Yeah, i ported bewf to iron front. Lots of copy pasting. Units, gear, groups, buildings...to much

Would be nice to remove reloading in bunkers feature completely. This feature destroys the gameplay. One human player in town can stay against town siege for the long time. Constantly reloading at the bunker he can destroy incoming enemy vehicles and helicopters. He can buy AI infantry in town main camp and reload them in town bunkers forever until he has money. I would like to see better use of ammo boxes and ammo trucks instead or limit bunker reload capacity.

hmm...i just can't understand how to setup upgrades...

if i enable them,they will be ALL MAXED OUT from the start,if i disable them THEY CAN'T BE UPGRADED AT ALL wtf ?:hang:

start a new MP with max $ and S and upgrades was available,but in the first game not. :\

Edited by Markuz

What Version are you talking about here Markuz? Ive never seen upgrades not working... Im not sure what your knowledge is like about WFBE. You know that you need a command center to perform upgrades, yes?

The Parameter name is indeed a little misleading though, it should be called something like "Upgrades maxed out for faction:". "Disabled" means everyone has to research everything, "All" means everyone has all upgrades availible from the beginning. Selecting a faction will make all upgrades availible to that faction ONLY and everyone else will have to research them.