Sign in to follow this  
Aculaud

A thread about dreams...

how do you feel about nightmares (poll question)?

Aside from that, what are some of the most disturbing, or if you wish, beautiful and inspiring dreams youve had?

I used to have a dream when I was a kid that I'd fallen off a cliff, and all my bones were broken and sticking out from my body...then a pack of dogs would try to gnaw on my bones...nice, huh?

I have a lot mote nightmares than pleasant dreams, but mostly I don't remember them in the morning.

i hate nightmares, some of mine are so bad, that they are litterally un-imaginable in a consious state. Then theres always the naked at school dreams, or the being banned for cussing out the mods, and posting a picture of a nude girl having sex with a dog dream. Those are rather funny.

The best dreams are either flying dreams or sex dreams.

When my wife left me...

I didnt sleep for nearly three days, other than an hour or two when I would finally pass out from sheer exhaustion. I went to my doctor, and he gave me some sleeping pills so that i could get rest. I took them for a month.

The weird part is that I didnt dream at all for that month. At least, I didnt remember any of those dreams.

Two nights after I stopped taking them, I had the weirdest strangest dreams I have ever had. Totally technicolour and also very violent to some extent. Think handgun toting Warin in street to street combat ala 'Enemy at the Gates' Stalingrad. Truly strange smile.gif

Generally I am not too fond of nightmares though.

on average, most people have around 7 drems a night.

I have yet to have an un disturbing dream in one sense or another, so when i say dream, what i really mean is nightmare.

Sometimes there are the ones that are really surreal and frightening (think The Cell), and then there are the ones that are disturbing in the sense of terrible things happening in real life. I had one once where i watched i guy shoot someone in the head, point blank with an mp5 on full auto...

My nightmares changed from when I was a kid till now. I dont have many of those but now if it has to be a nightmare, its usually some1 chasing me, and it is asif it is ai that knows in every sec where I am at. But then I pray during the dream, and I either win or the nightmare becomes an happy dream

ive never been able to control them

I've been able to control my dreams. Where in the dream I realize its only a dream and I say to myself. Its jst a dream. I can do what I want.

Then the dream truley becomes great.

I seem to fall a lot in my dreams. And of course not be hurt. But always scary none the less.

And a lot of times the dream isnt from 1st person or even my point of view. Sometimes Im just watch events and Im not even there.

And once, I died. I actually watched myself become impaled and I switched to another person.

Nutty dreams.

I havent had nightmares for many, many years...

residuum: the the dream "controlling" is called Lucid dreaming and its rather easy to accomplish on purpose, a google search will give you alot of information on it wink.gif I have "tried" lucid dreaming, its rather cool but, for me at least, it makes me still be tired in the morning.

Uhhhh...I had nightmares about "plotting" enemy positions on acetate overlays on maps at JRTC because I was spend hours per day doing situational templates. 200+ to update every 24 hours was alot of work on three different overlays. Who the f$%$ enjoys having nightmares?

I've never had a nightmare in my life, not one that I recall anyways smile.gif

I've always found controlling dreams very easy, you just go to sleep repeating in your mind the thing/situation you want to dream about and most times it will happen smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I've always found controlling dreams very easy, you just go to sleep repeating in your mind the thing/situation you want to dream about and most times it will happen <span id='postcolor'>

Like sex?

K, goin to bed now....(Catherine Bell on top of me, Catherine Bell on top of me, Catherine Bell on top of me, Catherine Bell on top of me, Catherine Bell on top of me......) tounge.gif

When I do dream, I often have claustrophobic dreams. It's often about trying to avoid or escape something.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (USSoldier11B @ June 23 2002,12:23)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Like sex?

K, goin to bed now....(Catherine Bell on top of me, Catherine Bell on top of me, Catherine Bell on top of me, Catherine Bell on top of me, Catherine Bell on top of me......) tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Exactly like that, although "Catherine Bell on top of me" could result in a 3 ton giant Catherine Bell stamping on your head wink.gif

Anyone here ever had a detailed death dream?

I once had a dream that I was a platoon commander fighting a battle in what seemed to be a large american city against an enemy of some kind. So anyway a bullet punches right through my chest from out of on where, and im down on the ground. Before I died I had to tell a soldier where to call the artillery strike because He call for the wrong place. As I lost more and more blood I starded to feel tired and wanting to close my eyes. Eventuly I just drifted off to "sleep." And that was the end of that dream.

Is that what death is really like?

The worst nightmare I can remember was someting outta Vietnam. There is an ambush by a batalion size unit and for some reason I'm company leader for some U.S. unit.

From there things go straight to hell with heavy mg fire, 60mm mortars, artilery coming from God knows where, and everyone dying around me. Anyway I call air support but can't since my position is "Danger Close". I keep yelling over the radio until they finally relize my company is gone. In about what felt like 15 min napalm goes everywhere but is useless for the fact it felt like it didn't kill anyting.

About what felt like a half hour later everyone is dead and 7 NVA approach me. All I had left was a .45. I shot every single one of them in a gory death by killing them with a headshot or a heart shot. Then all their is, is a deafening errie silence. Then the dream ends.

in one of the few nightmares i remember , i'm alone in military dress and gear with three other guys i know , we're in the woods trying to escape something , i don't even know what , suddenly a flash , i don't feel anything , i just see the three others dying , then i'm all alone , nobody around me , alone , all alone

i think that the nightmares are like the dreams in some way

they put some order in the things you've seen durin the day , but they add some little things to the basic dreams , like your most important fears and some traumatic events of your life

lol

the reasons of the nightmare i described could be :

- me remembering when i got lost in a supermarket when i was little + ofp

- me remembering how i got lost in ofp

-me remembering my service time and some event that happened to me there + me remembering when i got lost in a supermarket when i was little

- mix of all of the one cited above

- one of the ones above + a book

etc etc .....

Haven't had a dream for a while now (that I can remember) but when I do dream its not really a nightmere. My dreams have no.. emotion or anything like that attached to them. But they have never beed scary or anything like that. Maybe if my dreams made any sense at all. Most of the time when I sleep my mind is blank.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">you people have lots of military dreams ... doesn't that concern you?<span id='postcolor'>

I don't recall ever having a dream where I was in a military uniform, or situation. When I am in the field, I sleep very lightly so I don't have any dreams at all, just blackness.

I like reading about other people's dreams, it can be interesting stuff, keep posting them guys. smile.gif

My favorite dreams are the ones where something really bad or very embarassing happens to you and you think it's real. Even in the dream, you think to yourself "it's just a dream", but the bad stuff still happens, then you wake up and feel relief in knowing that your parents really didn't catch you beating off tounge.gif.

My nightmares can be really surreal too, I have only about two really demented ones that I can remember. One involved me walking around an old Victorian house in the countryside during the day, the lights were off inside, so all the light that got in was through these white and frilly curtained windows, there was a slight breeze blowing in. I am walking down this narrow and dimly lit hall with many closed doors on either side, with the window behind me. I hear this pounding sound coming from one of the rooms, so I open the door into this big room and there is another door on the floor across the room, with a window above it on the wall. The pounding sound is coming from the door on the floor. As I walk in, some one says to me; "don't go in there". I look to my left and there is this young girl sitting on a high ledge on the wall, just sitting there. The pounding on the door has stopped. Suddenly, a freind of mine comes in the room, he is wearing all black, and opens the door in the floor and goes down the steps. I hear some screaming, and some pounding. My freind runs out screaming and takes off down the hall, I shut the door on the floor, lock it, and take off as well, shutting the door to the room behind me. As I run down the hall, it gets longer and longer, and the pounding gets louder and louder behind me. I finally get to the window at the end of the hall, and prepare to jump out. Then the dream ends. Everything is black for a few minites, then I open my eyes, I have been lying there awake with my eyes closed for a few minutes but didn't even realize it from the fear.

Weird eh?

I have another one involving an abandoned hospital in the middle of nowhere, but I'll save that for another post. I think this one is long enough. smile.gif

It's interesting how we forget most dreams when we wake up, but can remember some for years after they happen. Most of my regular dreams involve me looking for someone. I have very few sex dreams. sad.gifbiggrin.gif

blehhh

Tyler

I had one dream where I was at an Aerosmith consert with this one girl I know from school. It was outdoors and there were people as far as the eye could see. Distracted by somthing I turn around and when I look back, Steve Tyler pulled the girl up onto the stage and had her pinned down. He starts ripping off her cloths and begines the rape process. I climb onto the stage and kick Steve in the ribs. He rolls onto his back so I grab him around the throat and wined up to punch him In the nose. Just before I hit him the dream is over and I've had this exact same dream twice.

Was Steven Tyler still singing as he was having sex with your girl? If so, what song was it? biggrin.gif

Aerosmith, lol, punch him harder next time just for me. I hate that band.

Tyler

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (USSoldier11B @ June 23 2002,04:15)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Who the f$%$ enjoys having nightmares?<span id='postcolor'>

some enjoy being disturbed...