Sign in to follow this  
Yett

Possible Release Date? @GameSpot

DayZ has nothing to do with this.

Theres no way you can make that statement definitively unless you have insider knowledge of BI's budgetary machinations. All production boils down to their budget at base level -assuming that a large, unexpected windfall of money has afforded them new leeway seems reasonable.

DayZ has nothing to do with this.

BIS always delayed new installments before and there weren't any daisies. I wrote it will be 2013 like a year ago lol.

DayZ this, DayZ that. Annoying.

This point. Why can't we go back to the days where we mentioned ArmA for ArmA's sake...

Jay Crowe @twitter

Source

ARMA3 GETS DELAYED BOYS!

Well at least we get an Alpha to hold us over till then.

This point. Why can't we go back to the days where we mentioned ArmA for ArmA's sake...

Exactly, why can't people only like Arma for the same reasons I like Arma! Don't even get me started on people constantly bringing up this ACE thing.

I know I'm new, that was sarcasm if you couldn't tell

Now that we know it's been delayed to 2013... maybe we can get a tactical lock from the moderators :D ?

I bet Alpha will be October or later. Beta probably December or later. Release probably May or later.

Jay said alpha was pushed back to around August, 2012.

There ain't gonna be a public beta. Release is early 2013. That's probably January or February.

There ain't gonna be a public beta. Release is early 2013. That's probably January or February.

Yeah, I recognized that. I just didn't update my post. But, there won't be a public beta?

@MulleDK19, about this :

For the release date we have seen the Jay Crowe Tweet

Could you tell us about your sources about Alpha and Beta ?

how bout this, stfu and just wait for an official announcement from BIS instead of relying on tweets and 3rd-hand information!

@metalcraze - I wouldn't be so sure, one of the best selling games on steam? For a month? Remember that original date was supposed to be this summer, and A3 still looks alpha-ish, winter date was understandable, so is this although it makes me sad. Also explains the DLC, everything falls together now. Will Arma 3 make it to E3 2013? ;)

I wonder what is taking them so long, usually they create lots of content in relatively short time, they still must be doing technicals like physx and stuff. I.Buchta said at the gamespot beggining specifically that not all technologies are implemented.:confused:

Imagine taking something and testing it hundreds of times over just to get that right thing, sort of like playing with rvmats. You know bulldozer can give you a preview but unless you leave it for a while, the lighting doesn't generally match what you think you see and ingame it turns out to be more shiny or something. Not to mention you have communications between teams and all sorts of other things going on, you also need to wait for X person to finish X thing before Y can be implimented and Z can be added to it.

Physics especially are a different can I'd say..you can look at pictures to get an idea of a model or texture, but you need to see things in motion for physics, or hands on examples and even then you need to tweak so many things to achieve that interpretation. A value of something as simple as a 1 can make it appear off, not to mention one little mistype in a config file can break EVERYTHING.

@MulleDK19, about this :

For the release date we have seen the Jay Crowe Tweet

Could you tell us about your sources about Alpha and Beta ?

The August part is a comment made by Jay Crowe in the Gamespot video... Don't know where MulleDK19 got that there won't be a beta though

The August part is a comment made by Jay Crowe in the Gamespot video... Don't know where MulleDK19 got that there won't be a beta though

As for the August release Jay was referring to Gamescom on the 16th... He could be thinking a dual launch of new intel and the Alpha.

Well, ... there will be something after Gamescon, RoyaltyinExile writing about Arma 3 Community Alpha

- it's now intended to be released some time after Gamecom 2012, which we're attending this year

Here a planned milestone on our long quest to the "Graal" ..., I am no more speaking of the "G***", due to the meme thing :mad:

Realistically, there is no set release date as of yet. They'll release the community alpha, recieve feedback, and take some of that into consideration to find out how much they still need to change. The release date will follow.

Realistically, there is no set release date as of yet. They'll release the community alpha, recieve feedback, and take some of that into consideration to find out how much they still need to change. The release date will follow.

True, but it is basically AT MINIMUM going to be an early 2013 title, based on what the devs have said. Depending on the Alpha/Beta that could get pushed back even farther.