yogdogz

[CAMPAIGN] 'F.A.L.L.O.U.T' - post apocalypse - (no addons needed!)

A very great Campaign.

Mission 11 - A bug, can't use my Svd (no scope, no reload...) it works only if i leave it and take it again.

oh yeah, that one was a bug i forgot to fix in Beta version. it happens if you have SVD from the start of the mission, and yes it will be working again if you drop and take the weapon again. added to things to be done in next release list.

wow,nice screen shoots! :D

this is my first comment and sorry 4 my bad english. but I'll defenetely try this campaign mission. yeah,right. its me. :D

welcome to the forum! hope you enjoy the campaign.

An issue

In some missions, the leader or officer is invisible to the enemies, gameplay?

i did it so, but in a purpose. in Beta version, every time you play the mission that led by AI leader, they often just die prematurely because doing rambo with no cover or stupid waypoints, and i couldn't control that AI behaviour. because of the death of AI leader, it sometime made some script/conversation/trigger i set up didn't work.

i tried to prevent that... i used 'allowdamage false' to prevent the leader from dying (just like in zipper5 campaign). but it didn't work as well as my expectation, i think it kinda unrealistic, when you could clearly see your AI leader being shot but the AI acted like nothing was happening. Instead, i made the AI invisible but with low accuracy. enemies will keep shooting at your squad, but not pointing to the leader. But the AI leader won't immune to bullets, he can be wounded too, but not as often as i didn't do anything to him.

Kinda ruined the gameplay, but.. as long as the mission is working. and i'm open for everyone has suggestion to this. but, as i expected, most people didn't notice this :D

Edited by yogdogz

Still enjoying your campaign but actually im stuck in mission 10 Scavengers, which is i think, way too hard. many enemys and tanks against 4 guys, seems pretty unbalanced i gave up for now on this point, maybe you balance that in your next update?

Oook Apoocalypse started. Very nice so far. In first apocalypse mission (FALLOUT?) i noticed weather changed to blue bright one after firefight on crosroad and stayed like that till end of misson when i reached warehouse. Also noticed a lot of good shape cars. All that running is pointless if i see them. I am not sure if they are ok or engines damaged to simulate EMP. Will be nice if so and some cutscene as group tried car and it didnt work. I dont know if its possible (i think PCM capaing uses that) but persistant gear from when apocalypse starts will be cool. I got DRM from dead mate at heli crash and in next misson i had original gun just with more magazines (apocalypse started with two now have 5 or 6). Looking forward what will happen...

Gameplay videos added! thanks to JanMetabolic :)

Still enjoying your campaign but actually im stuck in mission 10 Scavengers, which is i think, way too hard. many enemys and tanks against 4 guys, seems pretty unbalanced i gave up for now on this point, maybe you balance that in your next update?

scavengers is one of the hardest mission from the campaign. the mission itself suggest not to directly confontrate enemy patrol and avoid tanks that patrolling along the road, so avoid roads as best as you can (which is hard to avoid them completely, bcos the sniper's everywhere). try to leave your AI behind the jeep and you go through the town alone, better chance for being undetected if you want to try your luck. i'm more to randomize the placing of the enemy units itself, so they aren't gathering/focusing in the same place so at least the player has chance to fight them and win, but sure, many said that some missions are too easy and some are too hard, balance is a big thing i gotta do in next version.

Oook Apoocalypse started. Very nice so far. In first apocalypse mission (FALLOUT?) i noticed weather changed to blue bright one after firefight on crosroad and stayed like that till end of misson when i reached warehouse. Also noticed a lot of good shape cars. All that running is pointless if i see them. I am not sure if they are ok or engines damaged to simulate EMP. Will be nice if so and some cutscene as group tried car and it didnt work. I dont know if its possible (i think PCM capaing uses that) but persistant gear from when apocalypse starts will be cool. I got DRM from dead mate at heli crash and in next misson i had original gun just with more magazines (apocalypse started with two now have 5 or 6). Looking forward what will happen...

i think i fixed the blue sky bug in that mission when it's still in beta version, let me check that once again. good shaping cars? oops i just place them as ambient, make it locked, set the fuels to zero and the cars still look good? (in fact that kind of details which i missed). looks like i gotta make them more worse-looking :D

persistent gear was implemented in Beta version but pretty much buggy, sure it was a cool feature, i hope i can get it to work in next release.

---

you're right, the blue sky bug is still there.. added to the things to fix list...

Edited by yogdogz

Ahh good about cars. Good then. I just saw em from distance not tried to board. In nect mission i tried and it was ok. I cant use em. I am at Scavengers misson and finaly some good free form misson! If persistent gears is bugged then i must live with that. Its not big deal. Just it will be uber cool and adds immersion a lot. Now time to scavenge. Reminds me my market raids in DayZ :) So far with fixed boring intro and full voice overs and bi gramar check (not many just spotetd some, not so bad as my english gramar is so bad :) ) it can be in line with quality with original Razor campaing what i still love much for feel to be one person and tie ins you make with your ego and team thru whole campaing. I hate that switch campaings where you play someone else each misson. But its matter of taste. Others love that switching campaing from original OFP.

well, yesterday my final tests are over so from now on i have much more free time to work on v.1.1 :D

things to do in v.1.1

• option to skip training/introduction mission
  • correcting English grammars... :D
  • remove mysterious-guy behind the dummies in training mission!
  • fixing CAS explosion in chernogorsk siege mission
  • add more balance difficulties in missions
  • more dynamic gameplay/story, maybe more endings
  • blue sky bug in 7th mission
  • wrecks, ambients
  • radioactive affect player
  • weapon is saved through next mission
  • anymore ideas...?

i'm considering to add voice acting too, anyone who interested for voice acting, please tell me :)

Ahh good about cars. Good then. I just saw em from distance not tried to board. In nect mission i tried and it was ok. I cant use em. I am at Scavengers misson and finaly some good free form misson! If persistent gears is bugged then i must live with that. Its not big deal. Just it will be uber cool and adds immersion a lot. Now time to scavenge. Reminds me my market raids in DayZ :) So far with fixed boring intro and full voice overs and bi gramar check (not many just spotetd some, not so bad as my english gramar is so bad :) ) it can be in line with quality with original Razor campaing what i still love much for feel to be one person and tie ins you make with your ego and team thru whole campaing. I hate that switch campaings where you play someone else each misson. But its matter of taste. Others love that switching campaing from original OFP.

yeah, we share a same taste in campaign!

Mission is excellent. I ran into some bugs though. kept getting stuck on terrain.

which terrain and which mission? can you be more spesific, please?

Completely loving it so far, great quality campaign.

great that you enjoy it, tell me which endings you got later :)

Any chance that this campaign could be played cooperatively? C004?

i think not, as i'm not an expert and not too familiar in multiplayer scripts. except some people want to convert it.

About the Nuke explosions themselves:

They are, realistically, way too close for that kind of observation.

I recommend that they be put at a distance, someplace on the horizon, and the characters turn their heads to observe the calamity of the detonations.

The "Oh my god! This is really happening" sort of response people would have of a nuke explosion, far off away for observation.

Some of the characters are just way too close for the kind of reactions (living through it) they are having.

Just my opinion. I did enjoy the campaign by the way :)

Feeling like a bit of a numpty but how do i get this to work?

Tried placing it in my missions folder and it doesn't show up.

Tried running it as an addon and no go.

What's the secret?

Thanks

Scott

@becubed

This is campaign not a mission so you must create in your arma2 folder new folder called campaigns and put this campaign file there (For example: C:\arma2\campains\Campaignfile.pbo).

Then run the game go to Menu->Campaigns and search for this one. :)

Thanks tom3kb, obviously I've never downloaded a campaign before in the few years i've been playing arma.

Yogdogz might pay to put this in the first post incase there are more like me.

Scott

Thanks tom3kb, obviously I've never downloaded a campaign before in the few years i've been playing arma.

Scott

No problem :) You play few years and never played usermade campaign? That strange for me. :) (I have ~100 campaigns on my hdd, made by community for arma 2)

Just started and already very liked... This campaign at the beginning promises to be something unique.

So, what was yours time in MOUT? :) I decided that, below 98 is good enough.

No problem :) You play few years and never played usermade campaign? That strange for me. :) (I have ~100 campaigns on my hdd, made by community for arma 2)

Mostly I just play small things that I knock together in the editor or a bit of insurgency with friends. I did notice that you had a few campaigns in your signature and thought I might grab some of them for a go.

Ok i understand :)

PS: If you want to check my campaigns i suggest to play Battlefield Takistan (i think this is the best), if you like zombies try Biohazard, and if you bored playing still as American soldier try Desert Fever. :) But first finnish FALLOUT camapign this one is great. :)

I think, that get stuck in Desperate Line (playing with ASR and CO SLX, I know, using AI addons is always risky in this kind of campaigns)...

All opfor is killed (checked several times whole village), my group has active WAIT waypoint at Kolchoz entrance, and warpig just does nothing about 200 meters behind... Opened this mission in editor, and think, that group is stuck waiting, because is synchronized with warpig, so wait for LAV, do not know yet, why warpig is not moving.

Edited by Rydygier

This looks very promising. Definitely going to check this out. Thank you for the hard work yogdogz!

very nice campaign! i love the story, and the soundtracks (lol was surprised to hear music from "28 weeks later", that thing is really great man :p)

i finished the campaign by the boat option and i really love the story. it's like im really in kozlowski's position. and the words in the diary.... so cool lol :p

however great story and nice campaign, but i found some things that are "misplaced":

1. there's a red sphere above the aircraft carrier at the start mission intro

2. fully working auto-hover planes at LHD deck

3. an invincible guy at the chernogorsk battle intro, looks like a chedaki "boss" or "warlord" in the middle of firefight between US and chedaki. (he got shot by all US troops but he just stands there and brings out his rangefinder lol)

4. at FOB maine cutscene there's a fully standing living guy near the flag

and there's more but i forgot lol maybe i'll add more later

and about lopotev:

maybe you should tell the story more about lopotev, at the chernogorsk battle we were told to search for him but then we just blow things up and then never heard of him. until alexandrov talked about the story :) and i also see that you make "god-mode" on the CDF BMP in chernogorsk so the tanks keep firing at them lol very nice :p

Just finished campaingn. Awesome! I made my decisions :) Now i need play other endings!

Small note:

From Elektro harbor decision i got empty debriefing screens till final bang. Not looks nice and some sumary of actions as all missions before should be there. Otherwise i was very surprised by end :) Also already dead NAPA guys bodies shot b US team was missing after cutscene. Should be there.

Some thought:

If in one mission I have DMR rifle and I'm going with it inside wareouse, where we just sit a couple of days, then why later I have again M16? In my opinion collected gear should go with me through campaign, especially AFTER. This goes also for ammo - every bullet should matters, and "what I found, this I have" - as for me this aspect is important part of all this post-apo climate. But someone has mentioned already about that. Oh, and also - in eariler mission sometimes some of team memebers was killed, especially in "desperate line", by warpig, that rolled over them, but in next mission they are alive again. If you want to keep some important for story guys, then maybe mak'em immortal, so instead of death lets they be seriously injured and/or unconscious or something... Not perfect solution, but rather better, than such back from the dead...

Really great campaign so far. Mostly because of way of telling the story. And music. BTW original, remasterd Fallout 1&2 OST is available for free, and probably can be used for even more "atmosphere enrichment"...

http://auralnetwork.com/releases

Edited by Rydygier