Sign in to follow this  
tremanarch

Football: Euro 2012

Spain and Italy qualified. Shame that the Spanish team didn't really play the game, Croats deserved to win.

Spain and Italy qualified. Shame that the Spanish team didn't really play the game, Croats deserved to win.

The referee did a really bad job, so many fouls commited by spain players and not a single one of them did get a warning. And he didn´t give croatia that penalty kick, the spanish goal shouldn´t count too, he did a really really bad job.

I really hope he never goes to visit croatia, people there might be a little bit hostile towards him. Oh and Danzig might have an interesting night incoming with all those really angry croatian fans there...

Yes Italy and Spain qualified!You can't buy class and we avoided the dangerous cookie

Ref was a ponce in our match, not that it made much a difference in the results. Same mistakes cost us again but a much better performance from the boys in green.

Plenty of good lads to bring into the squad for the world cup qualifiers. But if trap does it is a different story...

and Danzig
It's called Gdansk for god's sake. It's not '39 anymore :P

I was really impressed with Ireland vs Italy, actually felt for the majority of the second half that they looked far more dangerous, the second Italian goal doesn't really reflect the game, although it was rather shoddy defending, especially as the Italians didn't even really care enough to send an entire attack into the box.

It'll be Little Ireland No.2 to the Irish forever :p (Poznan being No.1)

---------- Post added at 16:06 ---------- Previous post was at 16:03 ----------

I was really impressed with Ireland vs Italy, actually felt for the majority of the second half that they looked far more dangerous, the second Italian goal doesn't really reflect the game, although it was rather shoddy defending, especially as the Italians didn't even really care enough to send an entire attack into the box.

Yea O'Shea was more interested in giving a goal or peno away then defending.

Plenty of better Irish players we have available to us for the WC but high doubts if Trap will use them. McClean got 10mins and did better then McGeady did all tournament.

Himself, Coleman, Wes Hoolahan are just a few we could have.

We still call it that way. There's also Lemberg (Lviv), Breslau (Wroclaw), Posen (Poznan) and Warschau ;)

We still call it that way. There's also Lemberg (Lviv), Breslau (Wroclaw), Posen (Poznan) and Warschau ;)

What your planning to invade soon?

Still come on if you say them to the polish fan's you will be beaten to death xD

Polandball and Russiastrongcrew are sad.... You need at least 11 quality players to get through such an tournament and a bit of luck. ;)

What your planning to invade soon?

Still come on if you say them to the polish fan's you will be beaten to death xD

Na, but these names stick better than names such as Gdansk.

Pffft, of course it is when you've got 20 camera angles and slow motion.

Pffft, of course it is when you've got 20 camera angles and slow motion.

I'll admit, it's hard to see with a big white pole in your way... but still lol

Congrats Sweden, shameful French team made of 10 spectators and only 1 player, the goal keeper :icon_ohmygod:

Ha Ha Sepp Blatter!!!! :rolleyes:

Now that a decision went England's way ,he introduce goal line technology now!!!

LoL

Only took a bad decision in englands favour to persuade him eh.... c**t

I'll admit, it's hard to see with a big white pole in your way... but still lol

The 5th ref is a utterly pointless idea, as you said, from where he's standing the ball needs to be far beyond just crossing the line for him to be able to clearly make out if it has or not. Couple that with the speed its occuring at, of course there are going to be a few dubious decisions along the way. Sort of what makes football, football.

At any rate it was about 2 metres offside before, so one mistake cancels another out.

The 5th ref is a utterly pointless idea, as you said, from where he's standing the ball needs to be far beyond just crossing the line for him to be able to clearly make out if it has or not. Couple that with the speed its occuring at, of course there are going to be a few dubious decisions along the way. Sort of what makes football, football.

At any rate it was about 2 metres offside before, so one mistake cancels another out.

Aye, well over the line but also well offside.

As for the speed, not saying I'm super duper for it but I could see it in real time :p

Aye, I thought it was over when Terry kicked it away in realtime - but what matters is what the ref and other officials see. Conceivably we should have been given a couple of penalties for Ukrainian players man-handling Rooney and Carroll inside the 18-yard box, if the ref saw everything perfectly. It's one of the joys of football! :D

Even so; I thought England were shite tonight. Dreadful, dreadful passing and ball control.

Even so; I thought England were shite tonight. Dreadful, dreadful passing and ball control.

Just tonight? ;)

After Ukraine V France I wasn't seeing much of an issue for England .... until the first half unfolded ... dear me. Got even more juicy second half when they all woke up. All a bit of a "dogged defending" affair and not much else.

Rooney miss would have been his real comeback goal, the actual goal was a bit limp :)

As for the goal that never was, all a bit of Karma mixed with stupid decisions and a dash of offside anyway. Plenty enough drama again, first half was bad though, real flat. Sunday with Italy will be interesting.

Edited by mrcash2009

Ukraine player was offside, so no harm no foul.

I can sense a bit of Chelsea luck with England in this tournament, maybe...just maybe... :tongue:

Edited by Blackhawk