Sign in to follow this  
BeerHunter

ArmA2 patches fixing ArmA3??

With the wondrous plethora of patches coming out for ArmA2 , I'm wondering if these fixes will effect ArmA3 so that when ArmA3 is released , it wont be as "bug infested" as ArmA2 was on it's initial release.

Your basically asking if they will or wont incorporate major patches into ArmA 3. Really?

No.

I'm wondering if the patches from ArmA2 are improving the initial release of ArmA3 by working out any potential bugs that might have shown up in the initial ArmA3 release.

Yeah, I'm sure they would carry over any new fixes into the engine for Arma3. Some stuff maybe not. For example, there where recent changes to Arma2's LOD swapping. Arma3 might use a totally different system for this, so in that case no, they wouldn't carry a fix like that over.

I dont know really how it works between the engines but some changes should be able to be transferred if they dont change it too much.

However with all the new toys and candy they bring us it will be lots of bugs, thats where the community alpha come in.

Isn't obvious enough that no company wants to re-invent the wheel?

ArmA2 currently helps (directly or indirectly) the developing of ArmA3 and..the opposite

With the wondrous plethora of patches coming out for ArmA2 , I'm wondering if these fixes will effect ArmA3 so that when ArmA3 is released , it wont be as "bug infested" as ArmA2 was on it's initial release.

Maybe those bugfixes are FROM the ArmA3 engine upgrades and BIS just want to share those fixes with us for ArmA2, so we have a better and bugless time waiting for A3 :p

*Conspiracy-Mode-Off*

Well, new features = new bugs. PhysX and AI may presentate problems.

Remember convoys from OFP and A1 while in A2 they are complete broken since day 1?

Yes, they are certainly reusing the same code, A2 was their basis for A3, but I bet that things like FXAA and SMAA were backported.

Of course. All the quick-and-dirty fixes from A2 will find full implementation in A3. Of course, it's BIS, so expect a degree of regression with features that work fine now.

Hi, every game have bugs on the release and also later on, the perfection it's an utopic concept; i think that all the ArmA2:OA bug fixes or improvements will be added to the ArmA3 and hope that the ArmA3 have less problems at the release in comparison with the ArmA2 release. Let's C ya