Sign in to follow this  
konyo

Boeing/SOAR MH-47E

Dude, calm down. Check how many WIP threads are updated as often as this one.

Nothing new in two days is not nothing new. Addon making is a long process, and asking news every five minutes ain't gonna make it shorter.

Konyo is really keen on giving us updates as often as he can, so be sure that when there is something to know, you'll know.

Yes when i have news i will post it.. This will always be the first place i put it so dont worry :D

Although to be honest there's not much happening with it at the moment. VXR is still working hard on adding little bits of detail that make the big difference. So not much left for me to do my side now as I've completed everything i wanted to do, just need to do the wreck's/static models when VXR has finished adding the details.. Otherwise they would be different from the main model :p However the wipers are fully animated & finished now.. Whoooo! There a nice effect in the rain ;)

Also been flying the MH-47E around online with a friend on ArmA2 this evening... I'ts the first time I've heard the chopper come fullspeed over my head in ArmA2 as most of the time im piloting it in editor.. Its sound is brilliant... The sound of the blades 'Clapping' when he banked a right turn... I actually got a tad excited ;) :o

Sounds Great bro :D looking forward to get some action with this bird :)

Sounds Great bro :D looking forward to get some action with this bird :)

Haha.. It does sound great, I can assure you.. I can't stop listening to how realistic it sounds :) Sounds like ones going excatly right over my house.. Very gooooddd :D :D

Edited by konyo

Will you be making a AGM114+ GBU variant as well?

Will you be making a AGM114+ GBU variant as well?

Didn't know there was a variant with AGM's & GBU's? Do you have a picture?

Edited by konyo

Didn't know there was a variant with AGM's & GBU's? Do you have a picture?

I'm just trolling hah, I wanted to see what you would say..but I wonder how that would work? ;)

---------- Post added at 03:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:38 PM ----------

Or maybe I wasn't trolling hard enough...

ach-47a.jpg

I'm just trolling hah, I wanted to see what you would say..but I wonder how that would work? ;)

Or maybe I wasn't trolling hard enough...

http://www.afwing.com/intro/india/ach-47a.jpg

I was going to say... Never in my life have I heard/seen chinooks with AGM's...

But that picture, wow?!

Genuine or photoshopped?

EDIT: Yup.. It's real :o

Edited by konyo

Genuine, its a ACH-47 'Guns-a-go-go', used in Vietnam, had Hydra pods, H3 Machine guns (M2 brownings) and a nose grenade launcher, though one by one they each surcumb to damage in combat or human error, once one of the remaining two got destroyed they stopped sending the remaining one out on combat roles as the SOP was to send out two at a time (like with Apache's) and at the time logistical helicopters where badly needed so the remaining ACH-47A 'Easy money' continued as a maintenance trainer until the end of the Vietnam war, now i believe 'easy money' is on display at a aviation museum somewhere.

64_13149.jpg

Edit: also a video of it and a more

Edited by Scarecrow398

To be fair it was also a time of experimentation, they could also have taken part in some fairly hot infantry inserts where the bird would need heavy power to protect itself. Though to be honest with the new CH-47F and it's glass cockpit, I wouldn't be surprised to see or hear of an experimental variant with a laser designator and hellfire missiles.

I remember when this was just a little thread, only 6-7 pages. Goddamn Konyo, keep up the good work, and stop making mods.

To be fair it was also a time of experimentation, they could also have taken part in some fairly hot infantry inserts where the bird would need heavy power to protect itself. Though to be honest with the new CH-47F and it's glass cockpit, I wouldn't be surprised to see or hear of an experimental variant with a laser designator and hellfire missiles.

From what i remember i think they where arming refueling aircraft with small missile pods too with Harvest hawk packs (Laser designators and Hellfire racks.)

I remember when this was just a little thread, only 6-7 pages. Goddamn Konyo, keep up the good work, and stop making mods.

I know :o At the time I didn't know this addon would be so popular, this thread has about 30+ thousand views. Also hence the no release date, as i want everything to be perfect as its going to be used by loads of people. & to be honest this addon wouldn't be here without the support of everyone who's posted on this topic. Great inspiration :D Thank you!

Edited by konyo

Yes when i have news i will post it.. This will always be the first place i put it so dont worry :D

Although to be honest there's not much happening with it at the moment. VXR is still working hard on adding little bits of detail that make the big difference. So not much left for me to do my side now as I've completed everything i wanted to do, just need to do the wreck's/static models when VXR has finished adding the details.. Otherwise they would be different from the main model :p However the wipers are fully animated & finished now.. Whoooo! There a nice effect in the rain ;)

Also been flying the MH-47E around online with a friend on ArmA2 this evening... I'ts the first time I've heard the chopper come fullspeed over my head in ArmA2 as most of the time im piloting it in editor.. Its sound is brilliant... The sound of the blades 'Clapping' when he banked a right turn... I actually got a tad excited ;) :o

How is the static model coming along anyway? Could we maybe see it

How is the static model coming along anyway? Could we maybe see it

Afraid not.. the static model isan't avaliable untill the main model is finished :p

Any new features you would like to share with us, have you thought about the ACH-47, and maybe implementing some things from the ACH-47 and sticking it into the MH-47E. I know it wouldn't be a correct version of the MH-47E but its a cool idea.

Ah! Just had a thought.

Could you make the front seat next to the Pilot's not accesible through "Get in back" ? Maybe something like co-pilot, even if it doesn't have any functionality. Just ruins the immersion when one of the infantry passengers is suddenly holding the stick..

Ah! Just had a thought.

Could you make the front seat next to the Pilot's not accesible through "Get in back" ? Maybe something like co-pilot, even if it doesn't have any functionality. Just ruins the immersion when one of the infantry passengers is suddenly holding the stick..

That's already featured, co-pilot has FLIR :)

That's already featured, co-pilot has FLIR :)

Ohh right. See I remember the FLIR feature..but silly me couldn't connect the fact that someone has to control it..and that someone isn't the pilot ;)

Any new features you would like to share with us, have you thought about the ACH-47, and maybe implementing some things from the ACH-47 and sticking it into the MH-47E. I know it wouldn't be a correct version of the MH-47E but its a cool idea.

Havn't thought about making an ACH-47A.. Not too sure It would be a pretty good idea for the MH47E as it needs to be kept 100% realistic :D

I have got a few features up my sleeve... But I'm not ready to share them with you all yet, not until the "features" are finished :p

Edited by konyo
Added Signature.

Havn't thought about making an ACH-47A.. Not too sure It would be a pretty good idea for the MH47E as it needs to be kept 100% realistic :D

I have got a few features up my sleeve... But I'm not ready to share them with you all yet, not until the "features" are finished :p

Well, could you give us a full list of features that are currently finished on the bird? I can't wait for this.

Well, could you give us a full list of features that are currently finished on the bird? I can't wait for this.

Ok :D The features list is as follows below :

Current Completed Features

• Correct Number of Flares/Countermeasures in a Forward Direction.

• Lock Dectection System Complete with Warning Sounds.

• A Walkable Fuselarge.

• Option to Level, Lower & Raise Ramp.

• New & Improved Flight Engine Sound's.

• Fueselarge Night Lighting.

• Cockpit Night Lighting.

• Complex Reality Blade System, bend when under load etc.

• Custom Cargo Positions. (BackCrew & Loadmaster)

• Co-Pilot Camera is fully animated.

• FLIR & Laser Marker on Co-Pilots Camera.

• Aerial refueling with Feint's Addon (..I Hope).

• Animated Loadmasters Hatch.

• Animated Windscreen Wipers.

• Ability to Sling Load RHIB's, HMWVV's & the M119.

• Fast Roping for Cargo Crew Passengers (AI Friendly).

Planned - However Need Finishing

• Signed Addon for Online Use.

• 2 Wreck Models.

• Static Model.

• Animated Nose (Static Model Only).

• .. & The Rest Are Secret :p

Edited by konyo
Fast Roping detail updated.

If you get around to it can you make it so we may do "chinook water/land extractions" meaning land on water..or land and beable to drive a boat..or..let's say atv up into the cargo bay and then lock it into place then fly away, like in that youtube video?