Sign in to follow this  
Wiki

AI Improvement

so now only after firing 1 or 2 shots they know exactly where you are, and are capable of quickly and easily killing (less than 10 rounds in 2-3 seconds) from 600-700m with small arms (AKM and 74), well beyond such weapons effective range.

Now now let's not post lies and exaggerations.

AI can't shoot for shit beyond 200m already and they won't even see you from 600-700m no matter how much you dance on top of some empty hill - even with ACE and ASR AI.

In fact you yourself aren't able to see anyone 600-700m away unless using optics.

Put some AIs into your squad and tell me they are great shots - I'll have a laugh.

I just ran the same test in vanilla. I can kill whole squads of AK-74 men with an M107, in plain sight on the runway, and they will never shoot back. They refuse to engage from 700m. Guys with SVDs and PKPs will return fire, but I stood there for some minutes without getting hit. They weren't even getting close enough for me to hear the sonic snaps.

Exactly. AI became so unbelievably bad with aim and accuracy it's not funny.

Even mods that increase accuracy don't help.

I understand this was a side-effect of 1.54 which added recoil but it's time to fix it BIS. Seriously. Keep recoil just give AI its pre-1.54 accuracy back. Or better - nerf human accuracy (breathing, wind)

Edited by metalcraze

yeah, or just increase the AI spotting range.

and please, try to fix the AI damn pathfinding... it's a real nightmare when making a convoy, or even driving on the road with pilot AI...

Now now let's not post lies and exaggerations.

AI can't shoot for shit beyond 200m already and they won't even see you from 600-700m no matter how much you dance on top of some empty hill - even with ACE and ASR AI.

ACE and ASR do in fact make the AI capable of spotting snipers and engaging from 600-700m. I have done it many a time. They're unlikely to use 5.54 and 5.56 assault rifles at that range, though.

The most important thing ACE does is get rid of the stupid maximum range ratings. Now the AI will, in extreme situations, lay down fire over extreme distances if they have spotters close to the target giving them detailed information about it.

AI needs to shoot just as well as best human players do on max skill. That's it really. Right now it's not hard to wipe out an AI squad alone and get 4 times more frags than the rest of your max skill AI squad.

Best way to do that is make shooting more realistic for humans and not just "put an aimpoint over an enemy and click LMB to score a kill" and of course make AI use MGs properly. They were deadly in OFP and ArmA1. Now they are harmless in the hands of AI.

ACE has firefights better due to ballistic changes and wind simulation. See how adding a mere wind improved firefight times.

You are right. In order to make the game realistic and challenging, ai needs to shoot as well as a human player. And right now, despite what many think, the ai is actually a far worse shot than any player, even on max skill. The problem with firefights is not the ai’s aiming but rather the player’s aiming and before we can expect challenging yet realistic gameplay, the ability of a player to accurately snap shoot from under 350m away, needs to be taken away, as discussed in this thread.

I disagree with you on wind though. At anything less than 200 metres it is pretty much negligible with ace, and at longer ranges it is the difference between say, 5 shots to kill and 6 shots to kill, adding mere seconds to the time it takes to take someone out. This is only from experience against ai though. I guess wind may have more impact on pvp when that one extra shot may cause the target duck into cover, increasing the time to kill considerably. My Pvp play only really takes place at ranges under 150 metres so I wouldn’t know.

The way to make them a threat, godlike accuracy, but this ruins the realistic nature of the game. In reality hundreds, if not thousands of rounds can be exchanged with only a few hitting a target. if you drop the players ability to be a godlike sniping killing machine (quickly shooting with extreme precision from great distances from unsupported positions, which stresses the need for a weapon rest" feature), you can drop the AIs godlike shooting abilities to counter. this leads to longer more realistic fire fights, more chances for actual tactics beyond SHOOT EVERYTHING IN 10 SECONDS OR YOU DIE

Yep, basically the same thing as metalcraze said above. Humans need to be made less accurate in order to make the ai less accurate and maintain realistic firefights and fairness between the ai and humans. The bolded part pretty much sums up how I feel when playing the ai and it is in no way realistic. Often it feels like a turkey shoot.

But I wonder, is simply reducing the ease of players aim and then reducing ai’s aim to match it really the best way to represent reality. Because this presents many problems such as ai not being able t use sniper rifles, and making it so that players can move while under fire with relative ease because they know the ai is very unlikely to hit. No doubt, lowering ai and human accuracy to the same standard would be much better than what we have now but is there another option to make ai still able to shoot relatively accurately so they can use snipers, and keep humans pinned, yet have firefights last realistic lengths of time?

It can easily spot and positively ID (the real issue) you when it shouldn't (through trees bushes, walls, grass etc), but cant spot you when it should (standing in the open at 400m+).

Although Ai can’t spot you through most bushes and trees, or even grass, as of now, I do agree that often it is too difficult for them to spot you when you are totally exposed yet too easy for them to spot you when you are supposedly in obscured terrain that is naturally difficult for the human eye to sort through , ie. Forest, urban areas, ruble etc. I wonder if there is an abstract way to represent the fact that humans have difficulty spotting things in certain environments in the ai behavior… if there were I think it would really make firefights more realistic, as terrain would be more important even for ai. Right now it doesn’t matter if you place an ai on the outskirts of a forest or the middle of an open field, they will still be spotted and killed within relatively the same amount of time and ease by an enemy ai squad.

As far as my experience goes the AI is much more "aware" than any player can be in vanilla.

But let's compare a human to the AI shall we?

Situation:

Lie prone in a random bush on the outskirt of a random forest, fire ten M16 single fire rounds at enemy that is 300 meters away.

AI:

Knows your exact location and returns dead accurate fire killing you.

There is rarely a situation where the AI doesn't find your exact position because the AI doesn't "see" you, he passes a threshold where he either fires at your exact XYZ coordinates or he doesn't fire at all.

In short, the AI has an aimbot that is triggered once you make enough "noise".

Human:

Struggles to figure out the exact direction where fire is coming from, unless he sees your tracers he is very unlikely to find your exact location.

If he has a general idea of where you are then he will fire randomly close to your location.

If he finds you then he returns dead accurate fire killing you. But it still requires the player to aim capably and there are more factors at play than with the AI.

In short, being found is mostly due to player error. And a bad player will miss those 10 shots and a good player will (if he sees you that is) kill you with less.

---------

All FPS games suffer the same fate with AI. The AI doesn't suffer the same difficulties that a real human would.

And anytime i play against AI it pisses me off, once they open up on you there is very little chance to escape their fire because they know your XYZ coordinates and doesn't use hand and eye coordination to kill you.

Whenever i play a new FPS game i turn the difficulty up to max and work my way through it carefully to kill one AI at a time. Each time i die it's due to the AI seeing one pixel of my character and they unload on that pixel.

Then i turn the difficulty down to "noob mode" and run through the game again but this time i don't have to worry about dying because i can take the first hit and still kill each AI.

But ya, AI uses aimbots (duh?) and that's the real issue with all AI.

If BI would make the AI not shoot at the exact XYZ coordinate but instead narrow down their fire based on just how visible you are to them and add proper suppression effects to the player then we would probably be golden.

And i agree with the pathfinding, it was bad in OFP and it's bad in ARMA. So many hours spent fixing pathfinding in OFP when making simple missions. Don't get me started on two way traffic.

As far as my experience goes the AI is much more "aware" than any player can be in vanilla.

lol

The AI can't see a man sprinting down a runway until they are less than 200m away. A real human would be able to describe the guy's facial hair at that range.

With default values, the AI can see as well as my grandma without her glasses.

This changes when you open fire. They are very good at pinpointing shooters.

Lie prone in a random bush on the outskirt of a random forest, fire ten M16 single fire rounds at enemy that is 300 meters away.

TEN rounds? There's a reason snipers only fire one, you know.

I see the uninformed misconceptions you're spouting below, so I will describe what happens in detail.

First shot: As long as he is not over 500m away (terrible hearing in vanilla, again like my grandma), the AI hears the shot. He turns, and now knows what direction the shot came from, which a very large margin of error. He guesses the range, but unless you are quite close, he may be off by hundreds of meters.

You fire again.. Now you are in his cone of vision, and he will see the muzzle flash and muzzle smoke. I freely admit that their eyesight is too good in this AND ONLY THIS situation. It goes from sub-human to super-human in an instant, especially when you are partially concealed or in grass.

But listen to me very closely, and believe every word. If you shoot, and then roll back behind that bush, so you are out of sight, he will NEVER FIND YOU. You will be able to shoot him down like a dog. It's hard to do in an uncontrolled environment, but the AI can never acquire you based on hearing along. They need to hear the shot, then see the muzzle flash.

There is rarely a situation where the AI doesn't find your exact position because the AI doesn't "see" you, he passes a threshold where he either fires at your exact XYZ coordinates or he doesn't fire at all.

He will, in fact, fire at a general area where he believe you to be, trying to suppress you. But it doesn't happen nearly enough, and he passes out of this state too easily.

In short, the AI has an aimbot that is triggered once you make enough "noise".

100% false. And the AI shoots worse than you, unless you suck.

Human: Struggles to figure out the exact direction where fire is coming from, unless he sees your tracers he is very unlikely to find your exact location.

Unlike the AI, we don't have high quality surround sound. It is an advantage for them, but not exactly enough to outweigh the difference between 15 and 100 IQ.

If he has a general idea of where you are then he will fire randomly close to your location.

AI does this too, just not enough.

If he finds you then he returns dead accurate fire killing you. But it still requires the player to aim capably and there are more factors at play than with the AI.

Nope, AI deals with suppression much more than the player, and is affected by wounds and stamina. Also, they are worse at dealing with elevation.

The AI spotting in this game is nothing like other FPS. I hope you read my points carefully, as they are the result of much careful testing, with scripting aids. Once you understand how the AI works, you will find them much more believable, and defeatable.

Edited by maturin

You fire again, like a noob. Now you are in his cone of vision, and he will see the muzzle flash and muzzle smoke. I freely admit that their eyesight is too good in this AND ONLY THIS situation. It goes from sub-human to super-human in an instant, especially when you are partially concealed or in grass.

And this is in my opinion a very big problem. The ability of the ai to spot that muzzle flash just because it happens to appear in its cone of vision is unrealistic. And as soon as the ai uses this super spotting he is able to instantly tell his bodies exactly where you are, and no matter how much other shit is going on around them the ai never forgets. So basically you now have to take that entire group out before they manage to actually shoot straight and hit you (ai totally suck at shooting, no doubt about it) because unless you can find some hard cover like a building to hide behind, the ai seems to always no where you are. That's the way it feels at least but please correct me if I am at all mistaken.

After hearing the initial shot, the ai spotting your muzzle flash should be random. At first there might be a 30% chance he spots you. The next shot would create a 45% chance, then a 55, 60 etc. until eventually they spots you. (those are just random numbers, they should probably be a lot different).

AI does this too, just not enough.

I never really knew ai did this but if they do they need to do it much more often.

What do you think of having the ai's accuracy partially dependent on how much he knowsabout his target. I think this would make it so ai are inaccurate enough to create realistic firefights buti eventually they will pinpoint your location and start to lay down more and more accurate fire. Just a thought.

Yeah, the AI's near-perfect ability to recognize muzzle flashes is the one huge problem in an otherwise solid system. It's not THAT excessive, given that distant guns in this game create as much smoke as a blackpowder musket, but that's a separate issue.

Essentially, I think that the AI should use the muzzle flash to establish the player's general location, but at certain distances, without optics, with prone players in grass (the game already knows how to check for this), the AI should be restricted to an area, rather than a point target. Then they can suppress that. KnowsAbout is tricky because of how it changes.

It would not be a difficult fix, just a question of balance. Because the AI already uses spherical and wedge-shaped guesses for player position. The trick is balancing it to hold them to an area target rather than a point target in the appropriate scenario.

The two other big problems that aren't difficult to fix are making the AI learn from progressive sound cues at close range, and making them halt predictive movement tracking when they have line of sight to the current predicted position.

Essentially, I think that the AI should use the muzzle flash to establish the player's general location, but at certain distances, without optics, with prone players in grass (the game already knows how to check for this), the AI should be restricted to an area, rather than a point target. Then they can suppress that. KnowsAbout is tricky because of how it changes.

Exactly. Right now the ai does point fire or does nothing where as in reality there is much more area/suppressive fire. Not only would this fix spotting problems but it would allow bis to level ai accuracy with the player and retain somewhat realistic firefights. If no were able to fix this and make ai actually suppressable arma 3 ai would be gold. At least for long range combat. CQC and driving is a whole other story.

making the AI learn from progressive sound cues at close range
hmm not sure what you mean by that but ai and learn don't sound easy to me. What do you mean.
making them halt predictive movement tracking when they have line of sight to the current predicted position.

Yes, I am pretty sure there's been a ticket for that awhile now. Would be nice if it were finally fixed.

People think that AI is too good of a shot because they go alone against a squad of them. Yeah of course when all 8 AIs fire like 10 bullets - one of those 80 bullets is bound to hit you.

IRL 3:1 disadvantage is already deadly.

People think that AI is too good of a shot because they go alone against a squad of them. Yeah of course when all 8 AIs fire like 10 bullets - one of those 80 bullets is bound to hit you.

This is the reason why I take my bullet magnet friend with me :D while I stand back and shoot :D

hmm not sure what you mean by that but ai and learn don't sound easy to me. What do you mean.

It's simple, actually. When you fire a shot, the AI makes a location guess. But then they stop guessing after that. So if they guess poorly (which they usually do), they are stuck with that estimate, when your subsequent shots should give them progressively better information.

It leads to situations where the AI turns away from, stubbornly aiming at the horizon with tunnel vision on. Makes them look massively stupid. The AI's ability to guess your location already scales based on skill, etc, so I don't think it should be too complex to make their hearing get better the longer you shoot at them. But actually, I think it's a separate problem where they only try to pinpoint the first gunshot they hear from a person. It prevents them from running scripts for every round in a machinegunner's magazine, but has bad side effects.

Yes, I am pretty sure there's been a ticket for that awhile now. Would be nice if it were finally fixed.

Both issues have tickets, actually.

Yeah this is true but it also doesn’t help that the ai communicates your position so quickly and accurately. This probably contributes to people’s misconception that the ai are super accurate.

When it comes to sharing info amongst squad mate, I believe that it should not automatically reveal the targets exact position but rather the general are where the enemy is. Then these team memebers who don’t know exactly know where you are will perform suppressive fire on that location until they see the target for themselves. Not only would this make ai spotting more realistic but would also make firefights last longer and involve more suppression.

It's simple, actually. When you fire a shot, the AI makes a location guess. But then they stop guessing after that. So if they guess poorly (which they usually do), they are stuck with that estimate, when your subsequent shots should give them progressively better information.

It leads to situations where the AI turns away from, stubbornly aiming at the horizon with tunnel vision on. Makes them look massively stupid. The AI's ability to guess your location already scales based on skill, etc, so I don't think it should be too complex to make their hearing get better the longer you shoot at them. But actually, I think it's a separate problem where they only try to pinpoint the first gunshot they hear from a person.

Thank you. That would be good thing to fix and if I understand you correctly, would prevent ***ai tunnel vision which looks especially stupid in CQ fighting. Often if you come behind an ai that is focused on another fight you can literally bump into him and he still won’t notice/hear you.

It prevents them from running scripts for every round in a machinegunner's magazine, but has bad side effects.

So it was somewhat for performcance. I am sure the performance hit wouldn’t be quite so bad it were made so that after hearing a shot the ai would forget about all other sounds for maybe 5 seconds or so and then would reevaluate the next newest shot after that time is up and repeat.

It wouldn't be hard to get around the performance issue. The AI doesn't need to evaluate every shot, but if he still hasn't acquired the target after five seconds based on sound, he should check the next shot he hears. T

It wouldn't be hard to get around the performance issue. The AI doesn't need to evaluate every shot, but if he still hasn't acquired the target after five seconds based on sound, he should check the next shot he hears.

Don;t know much about coding but it sounds like it would be easy enough to do. hopefully it will be fixed for a3.

For a3, I really hope that BIS just sticks to the basics of ai. make it so they can shoot and spot like a human, so they know what a window and door is, so they can be suppressed, so they can fully hide themselves behind cover and are able to determine how long to stay in cover before trying to advance. Driving would be nice as well. These are the things that are very hard for addon makers to fix. If BIS can nail those things, I think the ai will be a good solid opponent. They will never be as good as a human but at least they will put up a reasonable and realistic fight that makes the player work for victory. Then, for more complex manoeuvres and behaviours mods can be made or scripting can be used.

What I am trying to say is that I believe BIS should focus on perfecting basic ai behaviour before they move on to anything more complex. Fix bugs like the ones mentioned before trying to teach the ai how to do complex maneuvres or things like sneaking. Arma 2 has mad good progress on this front. I really hope Arma 3 will nail it so addon makers and arma 4 can expand and create the more complex ai actions.

The single biggest improvement ZEUS and ASR make is extending AI spotting and engagement ranges. It's the core of both mods, and hopefully BIS takes their adjustment as a new standard.

I'll have to try these mods, as I am fed up with the AI's saying enemy tanks at blah blah and not shooting it. The AI's see the enemy and do squat!!

lol

*well that pretty much describes the content of the entire post*

First off, experiences vary.

Secondly, don't go for personal attacks just because you personally disagree. That just shows your age.

Third, as much as you believe you are right and perfect at everything... You are not and never will be.

The AI can at times see through bushes, it all depends on the situation. And even when they can't they will keep on shooting at your exact location until they become "unaware" of you. Even when you move around.

And if the AI didn't have an aimbot then how would they aim considering they are bots with an artificial aiming system... Hmm?

It doesn't matter if they have an accuracy penalty or not, they still SNAP ONTO you like a mom would if you painted her curtains.

The AI can at times see through bushes, it all depends on the situation. And even when they can't they will keep on shooting at your exact location until they become "unaware" of you. Even when you move around.

Be careful how you word this. Ai do not "see through bushes" (although I heard there were some questionable trees out there, not sure if fixed). But they are perfectly capable of seeing the slightest part of you exposed from behind a bush. An elbow, toe tip of a helmet etc. will easily alert the ai into seeing you and this will make it appear as if they saw through the bush.

And even when they can't they will keep on shooting at your exact location until they become "unaware" of you. Even when you move around.

I don't believe they keep firing at your exact location if you move in a random direction. they try to guess where you went. I do agree that it seems hard to lose them sometimes. If you were seen by the ai, were to hide in some dense foliage, crawl fifty metres away, all the while in the foliage and unseen by the ai, and then reemerge, the ai is often able to spot you the moment you expose yourself even if you just stick your head and arms out of cover. This doesn't happen all the time mind you.

And if the AI didn't have an aimbot then how would they aim considering they are bots with an artificial aiming system... Hmm?

Think he misunderstood what you meant initially. You are right, the ai must use some form of "aimbot" to shoot. but the ai's "aimbot", as you put it, is extremely handicapped. If you ever look through the eyes of an ai shooting at someone you will see how bad they have it. There aim bounces all over the place and then when they think there gun points close enough to their target they will shoot a shot off. They have tons more sway than a human player, so maturin is correct in saying that the ai are totally shit at shooting compared to the player.

First off, experiences vary.

And I've already had all of yours. I was wrong and you are too.

It doesn't matter if they have an accuracy penalty or not, they still SNAP ONTO you like a mom would if you painted her curtains.

Then why the fuck were you stating the obvious? Yes, they have an aiming system. No, they do not have a cheat-like system that computes perfect firing solutions, like, you know, the definition of an aimbot in every other context. They have a randomized accuracy pattern affected by fatigue, wounds and suppression. And it's usually worse than yours.

The AI can at times see through bushes, it all depends on the situation.

No they can't. They can hear you from behind a bush. A squad member with line of sight can reveal your position. They can shoot at the bush after you run behind it (they almost never do). But they can't spot you through it. Period.

And even when they can't they will keep on shooting at your exact location until they become "unaware" of you. Even when you move around.

No.

I wrote a very thoughtful and detailed post for you. Why don't you go test things yourself?

An elbow, toe tip of a helmet etc. will easily alert the ai into seeing you and this will make it appear as if they saw through the bush.

Actually, Coulum, the AI pays absolutely no attention to your arms, legs and waist area.

Edited by maturin

Actually, Coulum, the AI pays absolutely no attention to your arms, legs and waist area.

Really?? I will have to experiment with this more when I get the chance, but are you saying that if I were to go prone behind a wall and leave my feet sticking out for the ai to see, they wouldn't see them? what about if they had already seen me and then I hid in that position? would they see my feet then? I can remember several situation in which I had been hiding prone behind a tree in chernarus, and my toes stick out on either side of the tree. and then a bmp comes and shoots my exposed toes. And i was very careful to make sure nothing else was covered using third person... maybe I need to actually look through the ai's eyes - they might have seen more than I thought. I am going to have to test this as currently I am not convinced.

I'm not sure about how it would work with an aware AI, but I would be rather surprised if it were any different.

Hiding under bushes doesn't work too well, since the viewblock is complex and often doesn't cover prone people. Better to test with a 'linear' object like a wall or building corner.

I think one of BIS devs said that AI ignores feet and hands. And in fact that's my experience from my observations. I still remember playing one mission where 2 AIs (AI in my squad and an enemy) were standing 5 meters away from each other, but one was behind the bush which covered that AI fully except for feet which were sticking out clearly and I could see them too. My AI completely ignored the enemy like he wasn't there.

The myth about AI seeing one pixel of your foot sticking out from the bush and instantly knowing it's you is just a myth.

It's like OFP all over again. Once you learn AI shortcomings you can start wiping out squads without AI being able to do anything to you ever.

Like AI in vanilla OFP saw only up to 200-250m, just stay out of that radius and you can kill them in dozens with ironsight weapons without ever seeing a fire being returned.

Extend this to 500m in vanilla ArmA2 and you are all set for massacre.

ASR AI certainly improves AI by making it more aware but I still feel it isn't good as human when it comes to awareness.

Edited by metalcraze

It's like OFP all over again. Once you learn AI shortcomings you can start wiping out squads without AI being able to do anything to you ever.

Like AI in vanilla OFP saw only up to 200-250m, just stay out of that radius and you can kill them in dozens with ironsight weapons without ever seeing a fire being returned.

Extend this to 500m in vanilla ArmA2 and you are all set for massacre.

ASR AI certainly improves AI by making it more aware but I still feel it isn't good as human when it comes to awareness.

I'm not really sure what you're expecting of AI in a game, some sort of Turin-like human analog? Not going to happen. Its not exactly surprising that tactics can be learned to overcome AI, thats what tactics is. Tactics overcome human opponents. Different tactics, but you get the idea.

The AI can only operate within their abilities & settings. By default they're set at levels appropriate for generic BIS gameplay, complaining that they are inneffective under some conditions is like saying the flight models aren't good enough. They're appropriate for generic gameplay within BIS's scope for the game. Be thankful they can be altered at all :)

IMO some situations reveal that the AI are far more aware than humans, if I have AI squad members they always spot enemy far quicker than me. Even after a contact has been called out most times I cannot see it.

I just posted this in the stickied suggestions thread but I'll post it here too since AI is what will make or break my decision to buy A3.

1 AI commands need better ROE options. "Fire on my lead" and "return fire only" in OFP Dragon Rising were 2 of the most useful commands I've seen in a milsim.

2 There needs to be a command to disable the AI from using secondary weapons. You have no idea how incredibly pissed off I get in Arma 2 when one of my squadmates wastes an AT rocket on a single rifleman thats like 300m away.

3 A context sensitive command to tell the AI to take cover behind something (like a wall) would be an absolute godsend.

Edited by Sandy106

I'm not really sure what you're expecting of AI in a game, some sort of Turin-like human analog? Not going to happen. Its not exactly surprising that tactics can be learned to overcome AI, thats what tactics is. Tactics overcome human opponents. Different tactics, but you get the idea.

The AI can only operate within their abilities & settings. By default they're set at levels appropriate for generic BIS gameplay, complaining that they are inneffective under some conditions is like saying the flight models aren't good enough. They're appropriate for generic gameplay within BIS's scope for the game. Be thankful they can be altered at all :)

IMO some situations reveal that the AI are far more aware than humans, if I have AI squad members they always spot enemy far quicker than me. Even after a contact has been called out most times I cannot see it.

Obviously you won't be able to see it from your position in a woody area like Chernarus since there's so much detail that an observer 2m away from you can see what you can't.

What I expect from AI is to function properly. Mods like ASR AI and SLX/Zeus AI make AI more challenging, smarter and aware. They do something that should've been there in the first place. Why can't AI just enter a house and kill the player inside? Even "ambient animals" in DayZ can do it but not a soldier AI eating all those precious CPU cycles?

Why can't AI squads share info about foes by default? In ASR AI they do and it only makes the game better. You don't have one squad being engaged while the squad just 100m away relaxes like nothing happens. In fact I think Robalo has it tied to whether the squad has a radio or not which is another thing that should be there.

It's really obvious that a human player can tell a friend from a foe at ~400-500m but BLUFOR AI will completely ignore a squad of towelheads with AKs skylining themselves on top of the empty takistani hill. At best they will report that they see "men".

These things are common sense, they are not a rocket science. Instead BIS wastes time on animations which atm look worse than the ones in ArmA2. Nice job.

Edited by metalcraze