Sign in to follow this  
markb50k

[SP] Lost v 4.0 - Like a mash-up of 'Dogs of War' and 'Manhattan' (without the bugs)!

The last version of Flashpoint by thobson had a way of mixing up the weapons between all the enemy/PMC troops. Not sure if you would want to see how he did it. I've been playing with ACE2 a bunch and it would be nice to see a group of baddies have more than just the usual assortment of AK's and FN-FAL's even just from the vanilla weapons selection.

Also I have a suggestion. What do you think about making the weapons more random with the enemy army?.

BTW after a firefight with a RU Special forces team i found an AK-105 in one of them.

That's surely ACE wep.

BTW after a firefight with a RU Special forces team i found an AK-105 in one of them.

That's surely ACE wep.

Yup, I dont run ACE and I've never seen an AK105, so you are probably right.

I find rangefinder batteries on friendlies running ace. I didnt playing vanilla. Are there medpacks? I havent found any. Also it may be what you intended but i can never find vehicles without a flat tire except at bases.

I find rangefinder batteries on friendlies running ace. I didnt playing vanilla. Are there medpacks? I havent found any. Also it may be what you intended but i can never find vehicles without a flat tire except at bases.

- there are no medpacks to be found, just ambulances, medics, and mash tents

- vehicles are randomly damaged, so its just bad luck if you cant find any that arent immobile. But you are correct, the ones at camps arent randomly damaged, its assumed they are maintained a tiny bit better than the ones strewn about the landscape. Definitely important to find an engineer. Also there is at least one repair vehicle randomly around the map, and their are usually randomly generated vehicle service points as well.

Didn't even occur to me to find an engineer lol. I saw you mentioned trying panthera. It's a cool map but I don't think it will work. I tried it with mcc and spawned 50 or so patrols, but they couldn't cross the bridges. They would bunch up near the river and a shot in their direction would make them all crawl into the river and drown. Some would get stuck waist deep in the bridge, and a few lone wolves would get through and run in circles. Amusing but kinda a deal breaker. That was a month or two ago so it may have been fixed.

Version 4.87:

- new island : Isla Duala (NATO/AFR vs RU/MOL)

- new island : Celle 2 (USMC/CDF vs RU/CHKDZ)

- fix : menu option to Recruit going to wrong file

- tweak : performance tuning to interactions with searchable doors

- install : changes all files, so ADDONS pbo in ADDONS directory, MISSIONS pbos in MISSIONS directory (or use modfolder)

I haven't played it yet but while I was reading through the thread I had a few ideas.

#1: COOP (Probably won't happen and I understand why if it doesn't but it would be awesome even if it was only 2 people)

#2: Add it in for the CWR2 Units and Islands if possible

#3: CWR2 Units and Celle 2

Those were just the first ideas that came to my mind. I'm sure I will be happy with what you have created so far though. I'll let you know if I have any more ideas after playing it.

Celle 2's Overview Image is the same one as Utes.

I had a hmmv nearby and did the load gear to vehicle/crate thing on a soldier and instead of going to the humvee it went to a dead uaz nearby. The uaz was closer but it was also dead.

I shot down a CDF hind with a KSVK being flown by a Chedaki guy and when it crashed and exploded my own man shot me dead.

Edited by Jakerod

I haven't played it yet but while I was reading through the thread I had a few ideas.

#1: COOP (Probably won't happen and I understand why if it doesn't but it would be awesome even if it was only 2 people)

#2: Add it in for the CWR2 Units and Islands if possible

#3: CWR2 Units and Celle 2

Those were just the first ideas that came to my mind. I'm sure I will be happy with what you have created so far though. I'll let you know if I have any more ideas after playing it.

Celle 2's Overview Image is the same one as Utes.

I had a hmmv nearby and did the load gear to vehicle/crate thing on a soldier and instead of going to the humvee it went to a dead uaz nearby. The uaz was closer but it was also dead.

Thanks for the feedback!

I'll fix the celle overview pic. Noticed that I hadn't taken a screenshot but figured it was no reason to delay releasing the island.

Cwr2 units on celle: good idea I can probably put some mod detection code in to use cwr2 units. Shouldn't be a problem

FYI I'm close to releasing a Malden version. Unfortunately the cwr2 islands have no flat area locations in the cfgworld entries so I'm testing some code I made to detect those for me using isflatempty. Hopefully that will work and will open all islands to easy porting. Oh and the cwr2 houses aren't very Alice capable so I'll have to handle that too.

As for the dead uaz picking up the gear that shouldn't happen but I'll check the code. If it is a bug it will ba a quick fix. Thanks for the report! Oh and a workaround in the meantime is to use the auto collect action from your cache ammo box which will draw in weapons off the dead uaz.

Thanks for the feedback!

I'll fix the celle overview pic. Noticed that I hadn't taken a screenshot but figured it was no reason to delay releasing the island.

Cwr2 units on celle: good idea I can probably put some mod detection code in to use cwr2 units. Shouldn't be a problem

FYI I'm close to releasing a Malden version. Unfortunately the cwr2 islands have no flat area locations in the cfgworld entries so I'm testing some code I made to detect those for me using isflatempty. Hopefully that will work and will open all islands to easy porting. Oh and the cwr2 houses aren't very Alice capable so I'll have to handle that too.

As for the dead uaz picking up the gear that shouldn't happen but I'll check the code. If it is a bug it will ba a quick fix. Thanks for the report! Oh and a workaround in the meantime is to use the auto collect action from your cache ammo box which will draw in weapons off the dead uaz.

Thanks for the work around. I updated my last post with another problem right before I noticed you had posted. I've been having a lot of fun with this mission so far nice work!

scaled.php?server=827&filename=arma2oa2012041823370920.jpg&res=landing

The situation I find myself in now. Click for Bigger Image.

Alpha Squad is preparing to flank the left while Bravo holds the center. I keep dying in those damn woods (the ones with the red question marks)

I am really enjoying this. This is damn close to what I have always wanted to make. Thank you and excellent work!

Edited by Jakerod

Thanks for the work around. I updated my last post with another problem right before I noticed you had posted. I've been having a lot of fun with this mission so far nice work!

... I keep dying in those damn woods (the ones with the red question marks)

I am really enjoying this. This is damn close to what I have always wanted to make. Thank you and excellent work!

No problem Jake! My pleasure!

Give me some time and I can get you a version of this mission for your maps in the GSEP.. Shouldnt be hard I dont think...

As for the CDF Hind, that seems weird, since there is 0% chance a CDF hind is even possible in the mission.

One question, the guy who shot you.. was he a unit from my mission, or ones from another mod. Are you running other mods?

No problem Jake! My pleasure!

Give me some time and I can get you a version of this mission for your maps in the GSEP.. Shouldnt be hard I dont think...

As for the CDF Hind, that seems weird, since there is 0% chance a CDF hind is even possible in the mission.

One question, the guy who shot you.. was he a unit from my mission, or ones from another mod. Are you running other mods?

I came across some intel that told me about a camp. I went to the camp and there was a hind sitting on the ground empty with two guys (Chedaki AK-74 Rifleman and Chedaki Sniper) next to it. I told my men to target the guy (I could only see one at the time) and they fired and killed him. They then began shooting at the helicopter. I told them to hold fire because I wanted to capture it. I saw the second guy and told them to open fire. He got into the hind before they or I could get him. I told my men to target the chopper and I began firing on it with the KSVK. It took off and my PK guys kept firing and I kept firing. It took enough damage or one of us got a lucky hit. When it crashed, #2 shot me. He was a Guerilla for sure and I think he was a Scout (He had a ghillie suit and a silenced AK originally). I'm 90% sure it was a CDF hind and after I reloaded my save I managed to steal that one and when I was flying around there was a Green triangle on the radar that was also a hind. I'm fairly sure it too was CDF (probably with a Chedaki or Russian crew though).

The GSEP ones would be nice thanks.

The only addons I had going at the time were the one that came with the mission, my islands, and Celle 2.

Ok, my bad, yeah those are CDF Hinds. I forgot the 24Ds were CDF..

As for the buddy shooting you, no clue. Although RESISTANCE is not friendly to the WEST, he is a rebranded WEST guerilla that comes in the MARKB50K_LostAddons' CfgVehicles. Weird.

Oh, and i identified the bug that loaded the corpses equipment to a destroyed vehicle. will be fixed in next update.

Just wanted to thank markb50k for creating this mission. I'm enjoying it immensely! With each update it's getting even deeper.

---------- Post added at 01:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:51 AM ----------

Also I wanted to ask, is there any way to interact with civilians to gain any intel on the enemy?

Just wanted to thank markb50k for creating this mission. I'm enjoying it immensely! With each update it's getting even deeper.

---------- Post added at 01:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:51 AM ----------

Also I wanted to ask, is there any way to interact with civilians to gain any intel on the enemy?

Hey Thanks for this feedback. Really makes mission making worthwhile.

As for interacting with civilians, nothing is put in yet. They already do provide intel, well technically their houses do, if your support (green number on the map) is high, but its handled abstractly in the background. BUT if you give me some example things they can provide or storylines i can think about, it would be pretty simple to add that functionality in.

Hey Thanks for this feedback. Really makes mission making worthwhile.

As for interacting with civilians, nothing is put in yet. They already do provide intel, well technically their houses do, if your support (green number on the map) is high, but its handled abstractly in the background. BUT if you give me some example things they can provide or storylines i can think about, it would be pretty simple to add that functionality in.

Markb50k, thanks for the reply! I remember in one of your earlier versions (I've been following this mission for a while hehe) there was an option to speak to civis with an option about enemy intel. Sometimes they wouldn't answer and sometimes they would help if I recall correctly. Maybe I'm wrong though, either way I was thinking along the lines if the town has high enough morale/trust in the player's forces, they could give intel about recent sightings around their town or what not? I. e. say you're in Vybor, "In the outskirts of Vybor, I saw a T-90 at *0045*" or something to that effect. I know mission making is EXTREMELY difficult and time consuming, especially a mission of this caliber so just suggestions. Adding dialogue is a huge task in itself. Love the mission as already is though! Just a few moments ago I had to hide from a lone Russian tank who just happened to be cruising down the road as I was nearing the first civi house, took a couple of pot shots at the exposed crew but missed LOL..after that they floored it and doubled back, saw me running to a building to cover and opened up. I had to hole behind a house and finally crawl away as I hid behind some haystacks while the tank lost sight of me. Pretty intense situation! I know this following additive would be difficult to implement as well since it's a random generator but maybe an option at the beginning of mission start to have your remaining forces away from combat and just hiding out away from any towns? Most of the time when I finally get control by radio or vicinity of my remaining forces they're already wiped out. I just tend to move on out extra careful because I'm all alone and that costs me a lot of time to get to the remaining forces unfortunately. A lot of times the first vehicle I find either has a flat or is completely locked. Too bad I can't break in and hotwire it lol. Rarely is anything ever neatly created for a soldier in combat though I guess. I don't have much time myself but I could lend a hand for what it's worth. Didn't want to give suggestions without at least attempting to lend a hand! More of a mission consumer than a creator these days haha.. Thanks again.

Version 4.89:

- new islands : CWR2 Malden, Everon, Kolgujev, Nogova - Each will use CWR2 units (or ARMA2 if you are running just the standalone islands)

- fix : corpses and ammoboxes could load to a destroyed vehicle

- fix : Celle 2 shows unique loading screen

- new : Celle 2 will use CWR2 units if running CWR2

- install : changes all files, so ADDONS pbo in ADDONS directory, MISSIONS pbos in MISSIONS directory (or use modfolder)

---------- Post added at 23:56 ---------- Previous post was at 23:52 ----------

Hey Delta, all good ideas ill check them out. Oh, for locked vehicles, if you shoot out the windows, theyll unlock, FYI.

Hiding friendly, thats actually already in it

scattered around the houses, especially closer to the friendly rally point you can find friendlies in houses, they'll be wounded, but patch them up and their ready to assist. So even if your buddies are wiped out you can still save some of them.

Version 4.89:

- new islands : CWR2 Malden, Everon, Kolgujev, Nogova - Each will use CWR2 units (or ARMA2 if you are running just the standalone islands)

- fix : corpses and ammoboxes could load to a destroyed vehicle

- fix : Celle 2 shows unique loading screen

- new : Celle 2 will use CWR2 units if running CWR2

---------- Post added at 23:56 ---------- Previous post was at 23:52 ----------

Hey Delta, all good ideas ill check them out. Oh, for locked vehicles, if you shoot out the windows, theyll unlock, FYI.

Hiding friendly, thats actually already in it

scattered around the houses, especially closer to the friendly rally point you can find friendlies in houses, they'll be wounded, but patch them up and their ready to assist. So even if your buddies are wiped out you can still save some of them.

Ah ok thanks, should've tried that!

Markb50k, thanks for the reply! I remember in one of your earlier versions (I've been following this mission for a while hehe) there was an option to speak to civis with an option about enemy intel. Sometimes they wouldn't answer and sometimes they would help if I recall correctly. Maybe I'm wrong though, either way I was thinking along the lines if the town has high enough morale/trust in the player's forces, they could give intel about recent sightings around their town or what not? I. e. say you're in Vybor, "In the outskirts of Vybor, I saw a T-90 at *0045*" or something to that effect. I know mission making is EXTREMELY difficult and time consuming, especially a mission of this caliber so just suggestions. Adding dialogue is a huge task in itself. Love the mission as already is though! Just a few moments ago I had to hide from a lone Russian tank who just happened to be cruising down the road as I was nearing the first civi house, took a couple of pot shots at the exposed crew but missed LOL..after that they floored it and doubled back, saw me running to a building to cover and opened up. I had to hole behind a house and finally crawl away as I hid behind some haystacks while the tank lost sight of me. Pretty intense situation! I know this following additive would be difficult to implement as well since it's a random generator but maybe an option at the beginning of mission start to have your remaining forces away from combat and just hiding out away from any towns? Most of the time when I finally get control by radio or vicinity of my remaining forces they're already wiped out. I just tend to move on out extra careful because I'm all alone and that costs me a lot of time to get to the remaining forces unfortunately. A lot of times the first vehicle I find either has a flat or is completely locked. Too bad I can't break in and hotwire it lol. Rarely is anything ever neatly created for a soldier in combat though I guess. I don't have much time myself but I could lend a hand for what it's worth. Didn't want to give suggestions without at least attempting to lend a hand! More of a mission consumer than a creator these days haha.. Thanks again.

It's funny that you mention never getting vehicles. My first real time through the first thing I came across was a UH-1Y that had half of its fuel left.

It's funny that you mention never getting vehicles. My first real time through the first thing I came across was a UH-1Y that had half of its fuel left.

Lol yeah, I've come across a lone Hind sitting out in a field. It was locked and I didn't even know about the "shooting out the windows to get in" functionality. I honestly never knew BIS even implemented that! I'd always find a vehicle at the beginning, unfortunately most of the time for me, they'd have flats.

Lol yeah, I've come across a lone Hind sitting out in a field. It was locked and I didn't even know about the "shooting out the windows to get in" functionality. I honestly never knew BIS even implemented that! I'd always find a vehicle at the beginning, unfortunately most of the time for me, they'd have flats.

BIS didn't implement the shooting out windows thing. Its actually just an event handler idea I got from claymans original mission. Glad you like it!

FYI, tomorrow i should be releasing "Lost in Panthera".. holy mackeral that island is gorgeous. Icebreakr does an amazing job with these island.. wow.

Version 4.9:

- new islands : FDF's Podagorsk and Icebreakr's Panthera

COMING SOON!

- Icebreakr's Jade Groove island

- implement Lingor units when new version of addon is out

- perhaps implement FDF units into Podagorsk

- Taviana??

- PMC into Duala and Lingor (seem contractor like places)???

- Ideas???

Woah ... does this mean that you are adding into our Arma2/addons directory instead of use a modfolder? If so, it's not the ideal situation.

Nice work by the way !

Why is adding to the addon folder a problem? I know thats the gospel but whats wrong with it? Just curious. if it's essentially a mod now it would be awsome to get this on sixupdater.

Is there any way to make at least some of the patrols cover a little more area? They become a little predictable. If its crazy hard to do i understand, and its a pretty damn hard mission as is. I dont know how to do the spoiler thing, but i've found the patrols to be semi exploitable when its a single group.