Sign in to follow this  
El Giggi

[Mini-Camp] H&D: Operation Iron Swarm

promo_ganz_klein.png

Operation Iron Swarm

A Tribute to Hidden and Dangerous

for Arma2: CO 1.60

Hey Guys,

since Invasion1944 2.5 was released I played around in the editor and created some H&D-Commando-Style missions for myself, everything very incomplete. When 2.61 was released I decided to finally finish these missions and thought, why not release them? Maybe people like it.

These are the first missions I release since OFP so don't be to harsh with your critic ;)

Hope you like it.

This four-mission mini-campaign is a recreation of the first campaign of Hidden and Dangerous. So your goal is to free a captured allied bomber crew. You lead a four-man commando unit behind enemy lines with the assistance of local partisans.

The features:

- All four missions of the original H&D italy campaign, but imported into the Arma2 enviroment. This means wider AO, tougher fights... better graphics (of course) ;)

- Music form the original soundtrack.

- A little intro.

- custom loading screens.

- celerys heal script to compensate the lack of an AI healing script within I44.

- free weapon selection during the briefings.

- teamswitch.

- your team consists of some characters from H&D.

Issues:

- couldn't test the missions alot but they are rather simple so hopefully there a really no major issues.

- some anachronisms like wrecked UAZs, or post-war locomotives. There are unfortunatly no bigger maps, which a really suitable for WW2 campaigns, but Podagorsk is still fitting I think. I tried to remove all "modern" stuff from the map with the editor but some have no IDs.

- some logical erros in the story, but these are imported from the original game. So these are all Illusion Softwares faults.

Download (29.64 MB):

Operation Iron Swarm @ rapidshare

Operation Iron Swarm (@) armaholic.com

Installation:

Copy the .pbo file into your Arma2/campaigns folder. If a campaigns folder doesnt exist, simply create one.

- Invasion1944 v 2.6 + 2.61 Patch

(Download: www.invasion-1944.com)

- FDF Podagorsk

(Download: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=8791)

- CBA (required for Invasion1944)

(Download: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=6231)

Note: Arma2 Combined Operations v1.60 is required to play this campaign.

Optional but VERY recommended:

Hidden and Dangerous Deluxe:

http://www.gamershell.com/news_9714.html

It the full game plus the addon. Its now avaible legally for free.

Thanks to:

Mr-Murray for his Arma editing guide

Imutep for his Arma2 Briefing and Overview Guide

Celery for his CLY Heal self-bandaging script

The Bohemia Interactive forum community for solving all the problems I encounterd.

The Finnish Defense Forces Mod and the Invasion44 team for spoiling us with first-class addons since

Operation Flashpoint.

Bohemia Interactive for OFP, Arma and Arma2

Illusion software, Take-Two, TalonSoft for Hidden And Dangerous. Espcially for releasing the game for free.

Hope I didn't forget anyone.

Edited by El Giggi
  • Like 1

Great, first campaign for I44, I think that H&D 1 and 2 can be great base for more campaigns and missions for I44, very good idea.

Hi El Giggi,

I loved hidden and dangerous in the day so I will give this a shot for sure. Thanks for your work.

Rough Knight.

Just finished this campaign. Good ww2 campaign. Nice missions, short intro like in H&D, weapons selection, missions are maybe little short with not to many tasks but this is recreation of H&D campaign so its ok. I hope you will make in future another ww2 campaign with more and longer missions. Thanks for your work. :)

Ps: you should send info about this campaign to Armaholic.

Wow H&D was one of my favourites - will give this a go later!

I don't remember the missions being in the dark in H&D? I will play later as with no NVG, my screen is just black during the daytime here! Loving the atmosphere though - importing the music was a great idea!

Edited by Jedra

Ps: you should send info about this campaign to Armaholic.

Seems, that someone already did this ;)

Mission length: As I wrote in the beginning this is a recreation of the first campaign of H&D1. I remember the original mission to be not very long either. I incorporated every task of the original missions. When I compiled these missions for the release I already had the Idea of making a "remake", like adding new objectives, or even new missions which were not included in the H&D. But I have to leave this for someone else, since I have absolutly no time right now for such a project.

@Jedra: Like in the original campaign Missions 1 and 3 are night mission while 2 and 4 are daytime missions. I played around a lot to find the perfect date and time in the editor to make the nights as bright as possible. Its works out for me my gammasettings are set to 1.2 and contrast to 0.8.

@Jedra: Like in the original campaign Missions 1 and 3 are night mission while 2 and 4 are daytime missions. I played around a lot to find the perfect date and time in the editor to make the nights as bright as possible. Its works out for me my gammasettings are set to 1.2 and contrast to 0.8.

My mistake - it was a long time ago and I haven't played the original free version (which I downloaded today) yet! I drank far too much beer in those days and probably that has affected my memory!

Anyway I will be playing them this evening when it gets a bit darker here!

Great little mini campaign, throughly enjoyed the nostaliga :)

Any chance you have open the campaign up for multiplayer ? Love to have a crack at this with a mate . .

Played the first two missions tonight - great fun and really enjoyed them. Not sure if there is supposed to be in-mission dialogue, but the following script error keeps popping up...

Error in expression <ed = false};

_this kbTell [_from, _useTopic, (_sentence + "_" + _useLangua>
 Error position: <_useTopic, (_sentence + "_" + _useLangua>
 Error Undefined variable in expression: _usetopic

Doesn't break the mission though so not a big issue.

You've done a great job with these!

Thanks for the compliments guys.

@Jedra: That is strange. I tested the missions this morning but this messages never appeared. I don't even now what this error means. Do you have any other addons running besides the ones required for the campaign? Does this message appears in every mission?

@domukun + guttersnipe: It's a SP campaign. I have no experience with MP missions. But setting the commandos to "playable" in the editor should do it, right? Don't know if this might cause a conflict with the heal script. Ill check this out.

Good idea to bring the H&D feeling into CO. Imo the 1st mission is too dark and using other graphic settings makes the scenery look worse. Tried the second mission and seeing a well guarded place makes me happy and curious about the ways to finish it. :)

@Jedra: That is strange. I tested the missions this morning but this messages never appeared. I don't even now what this error means. Do you have any other addons running besides the ones required for the campaign? Does this message appears in every mission?

Yes, it appears every mission (a couple of times). I am using ASR_AI and JSRS but nothing else. I can't imagine why they would be 'kbtell'ing anything though. Of course, the error could be in one of the I44 scripts - unfortunately the error message doesn't give the sqf or line number so it's hard to tell (it's a degugging pain sometimes this game!)!

I'll dig around at the weekend and see if I can track it down.

I think it COULD be I44 Jedra. I've encountered this kbtell error before using I44, ASR_AI and JSRS.

But setting the commandos to "playable" in the editor should do it, right? Don't know if this might cause a conflict with the heal script. Ill check this out.

Yep this works, though you need to edit the description.txt to include the standard class Header inc respawn="GROUP" etc. otherside no respawn. No conflict with the heal script that I've found.

Just to agree with above -first mission is way too dark, esp with the Inv44 snow/light effect you've added.

Thanks again for spurring my renewed interest in this classic ...

Yep this works, though you need to edit the description.txt to include the standard class Header inc respawn="GROUP" etc. otherside no respawn. No conflict with the heal script that I've found.

Just to agree with above -first mission is way too dark, esp with the Inv44 snow/light effect you've added.

Thanks again for spurring my renewed interest in this classic ...

Thanks for the info. I just found some informations about this in Mr-Murrays editing guide. Maybe Ill find some time tomorrow to put together a Coop-Version and try to make the night missions a little bit brighter.

Thanks for the info. I just found some informations about this in Mr-Murrays editing guide. Maybe Ill find some time tomorrow to put together a Coop-Version and try to make the night missions a little bit brighter.

Did you ever get round to updating this mission to COOP and increasing the brightness?

Also, did the 2.62 release bring new units or weapons to improve the campaign?

Grazie mille

Edited by domokun

@Jedra - yes I've seen this error before in upsmon. Not sure if I44 is conflicting. But it is definitely in upsmon and I am using I44.

Hello

New to the forums so apologies for the threadmancy.

I'm having a problem with this campaign. I've got I44 installed, and the other required mods, but I'm a little confused over how to heal my squadmates.

I give bandages to a member that has been injured, but they don't seem to use them, and when I switch to them the option to apply bandages (which works when I do it to myself) the option to apply the bandages isn't present in the menu. But the portrait of the guy is still red and the guy still complains he is injured.

Please could someone tell me how the healing/bandages work so that I can do it properly?

Many thanks.