Sign in to follow this  
mrmax

Is ofp  mp dead?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">lol.... u go girls!!

Mudfight! Mudfight! Mudfight!<span id='postcolor'>

How about an innocent gasoline fight, no one can get hurt then! biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Espectro @ June 23 2002,15:57)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">lol.... u go girls!!

Mudfight! Mudfight! Mudfight!<span id='postcolor'>

I wouldn't dare....

Well, SGT KAMAI, not sure how this lead to insults about "masculinity". confused.gif

Consider the invitation revoked, unfortunately at first I thought you were just misguided about the fun that can be had with coops. But now I see you are misguided in general.

I can see the Marines still likes em dumb tounge.gif

Damage, if you said that about the real Marine Corps. You'd be in for one hell of a whoopin!

if the marines tried to give our nz server admin a woopin, our airforce and amy will come in and give em a beatin.

The army, HAH! The airforce.. okay they can be dangerouse. (j/k)

Damage is a cyber warrior, he doesnt know sh*t about that Harnu.

BTW Semper Fi.

Damage look man it is clear you have some thin assed skin, like a girl. My wife is always getting her feelings hurt at the slightest critisism. I noticed, a lot of women are like that, real tempermental. And you seem to also be tempermental, just like them, which is why I assume youve been neutered. LOL

J/K man dont be a baby!

FLAME ON!!!!

SGT KAMAI,

Sorry I haven't been through the whole bondage...errr. bonding-grabbing-each-others-ass exercises that you boys go through to come out all mucho with out an inch more intelligence then when you went in, I didn't realise we were discussing who was "A big tough Marine" and who wasn't.

Q) Do I feel grateful for the many men and women who fight for our freedom?

A) Hell yes.

Q) Do I feel safe with you protecting our freedom?

A) Erm.... shit, let's hope he's the cook.

LMAO Damage very funny but still have u heard of food posioning MUWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA the whole army or whatever will be out of action thanks to the food posioning.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Sorry I haven't been through the whole bondage...errr. bonding-grabbing-each-others-ass exercises ...<span id='postcolor'> Sorry Damage, we don't swing that way like you do..... Anyway, i'm just kidding, but really, shut the hell up about the Marines.

Many apologies I just had to get that last post before cut off but as I wa..................................................................

Heh, I have nothing against the Marines, as long as they teach that boy some manners.

Harnu, it's all jokes matey. biggrin.gif

Same here. Just trying to piss someone off before the day ends. smile.gif

yea jus jokes those marines wont be gettin a beatin from nz to defend our admin, those marines dont know how lucky they r.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Simple, a daily server check on "All Seeing Eye", reveals the dreaded truth.  There are very few servers available with more than 5 or 6 players.

<span id='postcolor'>

I think is it not dead - not yet. I suppose many people are waiting for Resistance - which is no surprise, after reading so much about new features and seeing screenhosts of new island, they are no longer content with the "old" OFP.

Just now I checked GameSpy Arcade server overview and what I saw was quite a nice surprise for me after reading this long discussion about "why is OFP dead?" I have seen  349 people connected. Let me give you a quick overview of what I saw:

There were 12 servers with 10 or more people (max was 31 on Japanese server OFP@GAMES.HIMITSUKICHI.COM)

Most people are playing on 1.49 or 1.46, which is no surprise, knowing beta nature of MP Test 1.60. There is also quite a lot of people that are playing on non-dedicated servers (almost 200 players in hosted games).

I would therefore say that there are still some people that play OFP. Is is very likely the number of people connected varies wildly, depending on what time and day is in various part of the world.

We will see how things will continue after Resistance is released. I think especially ingame browser and new lobby interface will allow much more players to participate in online games. Improved netcode should also help to increase number of player, especially on dedicated servers.

Suma, you said a few time ago, in a Kegetys Post which explain the linux dedicated server with wine and Sockets netcode, that now ofp have sockets netcode is possible to make a binary code for linux.

My question is, is this code already implemented on resistance? or, we have to wait for a patch or żpacket? that install it on linux?, I think is the second confused.gif

I think that creating dedicateds servers on linux will rise more the ofp comunity and mp experience a lot.

Bye

Suma, I just want to know when you are going to come play some OFP with us? Sure would be nice to frag the guy who made the game I spend way to much time playing biggrin.gif Anytime you would like to play a round or two we sure would love to see you drop by.  (Radishville.com 208.251.17.94 6pm-2am CST)

P.S. I really dont care if OFP is "dead" to a few of you, I still enjoy the hell out of it and believe I will for a long time to come. Hell Im raising a future OFP fanatic right now!  wow.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (camper @ June 26 2002,17:06)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">My question is, is this code already implemented on resistance? or, we have to wait for a patch or żpacket? that install it on linux?, I think is the second  confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Resistance upgrade will not contain Linux server installation. We are working on it, but it will still take some times before it is ready (I expect it to be ready 3 months from now - but it is just an estimation, not a promise).

Meanwhile, as Kegetys discovered with MPTest, with Resistance it will be possible to run sockets version of server with WinE - which is not ideal, but at least it is an indication of the progress already made.

I am afraid it is now too soon to tell whether the Linux server will require client patch or not.

Thanks you a lot suma for your answer, I hope that you says become to real! biggrin.gif .

Furthermore I'm going to enjoy OFP and Resistance a lot!! its the game of my dreams, and you have made it, thanks! biggrin.gif

Lets play!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (hanatyan @ June 26 2002,10:28)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hi

I cannot speak about how OFPMP is great, but I present you a movie file.

http://games.himitsukichi.com/files/ofp/ofptv20020615.wmv

It's record of 8x8 squad match.

Thanks.<span id='postcolor'>

That was great footage! I love the concept of OFP TV!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Suma @ June 26 2002,16:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Simple, a daily server check on "All Seeing Eye", reveals the dreaded truth.  There are very few servers available with more than 5 or 6 players.

<span id='postcolor'>

I have seen  349 people connected. Let me give you a quick overview of what I saw:

There were 12 servers with 10 or more people (max was 31 on Japanese server OFP@GAMES.HIMITSUKICHI.COM)<span id='postcolor'>

ehhh, u call a game that have 349 ppl conected fo a ALIVE game? take a look here

It's the browser for DeltaForce:LandWarrior, shitty game but it have it's own fan players that have followed the game since Delta Force 1.

The company provides about 15 dedicated servers with up to 32 players in each, that makes 480 players only on company provided servers, not to talk about the public servers maintained by players.

This is just a small example, not to talk about the other *bigger* games out there that have more than 10 000 players a day

OPF is one of the beter games ever released, but it lacks an important thing that i think every on-line game needs, and that is THE ABILITY TO JOIN ON THE RUN, not having to wait like 30 minutes for a game in progress, or the players allready in progress to cancel the game just to get in a late player

those are my thoughts on the game.

And BTW, u are all TWATS, I AM THE HARDMAN!