Sign in to follow this  
da12thMonkey

P:UKF Weapons Pack for OA/CO - V2.00+

The HMG works fine, it's the GPMG. Maybe worth writing a devhev ticket about that actually. If it's not already been done?

Is anyone else having a problem with the other players hearing the blank rounds go off? Because the people i play with cannot hear it when i fire blank rounds. I have not got JSRS running, only the ACE sound mod. Anyone able to help?

Everyone is using the same sound mod... and if they weren't they wouldn't be able to join the game... but no-one can hear the gunshots, they can hear the beeping but no gunshots... any ideas anyone? :S

Is anyone else having a problem with the other players hearing the blank rounds go off? Because the people i play with cannot hear it when i fire blank rounds. I have not got JSRS running, only the ACE sound mod. Anyone able to help?

Just tested to confirm, they work just fine with vanilla, ACEX_SM or JSRS. I'm using the latest version from Six Updater.

There must be some weird mod conflict, perhaps even obsolete files from an older version of the same mod.

I can tell you from the config maker's point of view that all the BFA models should sound exactly like their live-fire counterparts, so for example any mod that changes the L85 sound should apply to the L85 BFA as well.

@ACE

@ACEX

@ACEX_PLA

@ACEX_RU

@ACEX_SM

@ACEX_USNavy

@ACRE

@brit_mtp

@CBA

@CBA_A2

@CBA_OA

@JayArma2Lib_new

@UKF_UKweps

@UKF_UKweps_ace

@MBG_Killhouses

@blx_ridgback

ARMAHOLIC MODS

Scimitar mod - http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=12337&highlight=SCIMITAR

ukf L115A3 v1.01 - http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=10896&highlight=L115A3

Bulldogs mod - http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=14680&highlight=BULLDOG

Challenger 2 - http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=7748&highlight=CHALLENGER%2B2

WMIK - http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=7861&highlight=WMIK

UKF Misc - http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=11530

UKF Shared - http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=11529

Warrior - http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=16123&highlight=BAOR

Bedford Truck - http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=16605

these are the mods i'm running... is there any mods that from the start have clashed that people have known about? I can hear my own rounds go off perfectly if that's what you mean, it's just my teammates that can't! and the normal versions of the weapons work fine too, it's just the versions with BFA's for some reason... :/

I can hear my own rounds go off perfectly if that's what you mean, it's just my teammates that can't! and the normal versions of the weapons work fine too, it's just the versions with BFA's for some reason... :/

Sorry, I misunderstood, thought you could not hear it either. There might be an issue with how the blank ammo was configured, the purpose was to have it do no harm, but doing that might have inadvertently break the perceived sound. If da12thMonkey in the mood for making another hotfix, I think removing this bit might do the trick:

audibleFire = 0;

Dunno why that got in there in the first place :)

EDIT

Oh I remember, was put there to prevent AI from reacting to the (non-existent) bullet.

Perhaps having it at a very low value instead, like 0.000001.

Edited by Robalo

f da12thMonkey in the mood for making another hotfix, I think removing this bit might do the trick:...

Think I tried that one in the last round of fixes I did with VCB; but some blokes were reporting that the beep hitsound didn't always work afterwards, wheras the gunfire sounds worked more frequently than before.

I decided to hold back on releasing the 'fix' until I could investigate that further, and properly verify it. However, I've been busy with other projects and RL stuff; without the time to hassle Friz to do some more dedicated testing on their side. It's not something I've been able to replicate myself since it occurs for rifles belonging to people other than the player, and the AI wont fire the blank rounds at me without scripting it; so I have to arrange for other people to sit down and conduct all the testing for me online.

I'll ask to see the extent to which it has persisted in the months since the last update I sent them; and have a look at it again at my end.

Since your last update, we've had no issues with the blank firing weapons mate.

As mentioned in t'other thread da12th - with the latest test config, BFA sounds work fine but the hit beeps have gone. If it's a toss up between the two, the bangs are more important than the beeps! Given that you get a visual representation of rounds hitting (and being hit by rounds), the audible beep isn't a must have.

audibleFire = 0;

Is this something i can change myself? or do i have to rely on someone else haha

audibleFire = 0;

Is this something i can change myself? or do i have to rely on someone else haha

Not necessary, try this:

audiblefire hotfix

As Friz mentioned before; the 'beep' hitsounds for the BFA weapons might not work so well, but other players should at least hear the guns go bang this time.

I've updated the Readme/Classnames and config hotfixes archive in the first post of this thread as well. I'll see about contacting Sickboy and Foxhound, regarding updates to their mirrors when I have more time.

There was an update to the mod on Six the other night - works perfectly now! Thanks for your help everyone. One more question, i don't suppose you could tell me the class name for the Sharpshooter rifle? Again many thanks for your help.

There isn't an L129 in the UKF Weapon Pack.

StalkerGB released one with his 3 Rifles MTP units.

Weapon - "STKR_L129A1"

Magazine - "20Rnd_762x51_L129A1"

Found a little config error in the L7A2 family of weapons.

Ammunition feed is reversed - please see short video. Using setAccTime 0.1; to highlight the issue.

JEAjzAeZ_Tw

Affected classnames:

ukf_gpmg
ukf_gpmg_MaxiKite
ukf_gpmg_vipir2plus

// and possibly the bfa version - didn't check it
ukf_gpmg_bfa

// also I didn't check the _fgrip versions

Edited by Das Attorney

Found a little config error in the L7A2 family of weapons.

Ammunition feed is reversed - please see short video. Using setAccTime 0.1; to highlight the issue.

I think I had a look into that when I was making the model.cfg; but when I inverted the model.cfg animationphases for the reload anim it looked even more like the belt was going in reverse at normal speed (AccTime 1) and only really looked like it was going the right way at 0.1 speed (might be affected by frame syncing issues at normal speed though, due to the gun's cyclic rate Vs frame-rate or something). That, or reversing the phases buggered up something else I was trying to do.

I built it with the anim playing the correct way in O2/buldozer at any rate (belt is long at phase 0, short at phase 1) as we did for the L115s, SA80s etc. so I'm not sure of the reason behind the game sometimes choosing to play some reload anims backwards instead of how they're outlined it in the model.cfg (that said, the M249 model.cfg I used for the L110's belt does go backwards in O2/Buldozer).

I'd rather spend time on a new model though, so the odds of me fixing it in the near future are virtually zero.

Great mod!

Anyone know the actual class name for the L85A2AG36_ACOG SD? In the Readme it appears to be exactly the same as the L85A2AG36_ACOG non SD version.

Sorry if this has been posted on before but couldn't see anything :)

Great mod!

Anyone know the actual class name for the L85A2AG36_ACOG SD? In the Readme it appears to be exactly the same as the L85A2AG36_ACOG non SD version.

Sorry if this has been posted on before but couldn't see anything :)

Sorry, you're right; it should say ukf_L85A2AG36_sd

i was wondering if someone could help me with an error im getting. When i try to start the server im getting this error ErrorMessage: Include file ukf_ukweps_oa_cfg\script_macros.hpp not found.

i have tried to un-install and re-install the mod but no luck

hi guys is there any way we can get this mod on arma 3 and also is there a way i can put acog sights on the BFA versions on the weapons

Firstly, fantastic mod - so far beyond the vanilla BAF gear. Are there any plans to do an update with the ELCAN Spectre optics?

-Mike

No, not for Arma 2 OA/CO.

All my efforts w/r/t British weapons are going into making an all-new version of them for Arma 3.

UKF effectively disbanded a while ago, with myself and da12th heading over to RKSL.

A new pack is planned, but for ArmA 3 - the work required to update what is essentially an aging addon, even with da12ths OA additions, with new sights and versions isn't really worth the time, when we rather concentrate on the future of the series.

Oh, cool. I look forward to seeing your work in Arma 3! :)

-Mike