Sign in to follow this  
da12thMonkey

P:UKF Weapons Pack for OA/CO - V2.00+

Thanks for sorting that out Sickboy. I've added the info to the first post.

You can probably remove addons/ukf_l96a1.pbo.gz, addons/ukf_l96a1.pbo.six_ukf_ukweps.bisign.gz, addons/ukf_l96a1.pbo.ukf_signature.bisign.gz from the folder though since they've been removed from the config.

Sure NP! Done

All we need now is a replacement mod! :D

Yeah we do.

Edited by Tankieboy2

Great update, thanks!

All we need now is a replacement mod! :D

+1. A replacement mod to use these instead of vanilla BAF weapons would be awesome. Only problem is that there are no Holo-equipped weapons, so there will be more ACOGs and SUSATs around..:P

A small bug report if you dont mind, when using the L86A2 LSW press H for the bipod to come down and it changes the

rate of fire also from Full to Semi and vice versa. Not a major thing but just letting you know. I could be wrong, it could be how

you have made it do that, but im sure that isnt normal, hehe. I have just also noticed that the same thing is resetting the ammo

also, when pressing H it sets the ammo back to full mag! :p

One other thing is, with using this new updated version, we dont need to use the ArmA2 version also? I mean like this new update

doesnt require also the A2 version to work?

Last thing is the weapons are awesome, really! just they are not weathered enough I think, they are like brand new out of the box lol.

Thanks guys.

Edited by DarkXess

A small bug report if you dont mind, when using the L86A2 LSW press H for the bipod to come down and it changes the

rate of fire also from Full to Semi and vice versa. Not a major thing but just letting you know. I could be wrong, it could be how

you have made it do that, but im sure that isnt normal, hehe. I have just also noticed that the same thing is resetting the ammo

also, when pressing H it sets the ammo back to full mag! :p

Yea, that's always happened; I mentioned that there are inherent problems with the way the script switches models. You just have to put up with it, or write me a new script.

One other thing is, with using this new updated version, we dont need to use the ArmA2 version also? I mean like this new update

doesnt require also the A2 version to work?

You might need part of the ArmA 2 version for some textures on some of the old UKF vehicles (ukf_ukweps.pbo), but the OA weapon pack itself has never needed anything from the ArmA 2 version of the pack. Just don't try installing the ArmA 2 version's config (ukf_ukweps_cfg.pbo) if you're using the OA version (ukf_ukweps_oa_cfg.pbo).

Excellent! Very nice weapon skins.

I need to say that i have a problem with the addons.

Is it compatible with arma 2 Combined operations? because after loading a saved mission i get the error "it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted ukf_ukweps_oa_cfg"

Is it compatible with arma 2 Combined operations?...

Yes, my game is set up as CO

...because after loading a saved mission i get the error "it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted ukf_ukweps_oa_cfg"

That'll be down to the game writing ukf_ukweps_oa_cfg into the mission.sqm, not a result of you playing CO or just plain OA.

Firsly, do you have the new version of ukf_ukweps_oa_cfg.pbo installed? If it's a mission that actually uses the UKF weapons, you'll get that error if you try to play without the config installed. Otherwise, the game just might not like loading missions that were saved with the old version of the config, and restarted with the new version.

If it's not a mission that uses the UKF weapons, the old version of the addon might have written itself into the mission.sqm either when you saved, or when the mission was created; just by virtue of it being in your active addons folder at the time. Some addons do this when the config isn't particularly well written (which the old weapon config wasn't especially).

If you do indeed have ukf_ukweps_oa_cfg.pbo installed and the error keeps occurring; you can either try restarting the mission from the beginning, or open the mission file and edit the mission.sqm with a text editor to get rid of the reference to ukf_ukweps_oa_cfg to see if it gets rid of the error.

Otherwise, the game just might not like loading missions that were saved with the old version of the config, and restarted with the new version.

If it's not a mission that uses the UKF weapons, the old version of the addon might have written itself into the mission.sqm either when you saved, or when the mission was created; just by virtue of it being in your active addons folder at the time. Some addons do this when the config isn't particularly well written (which the old weapon config wasn't especially).

Lately I am getting this error, sometimes...with some unit replacement packs I have written. What do you mean with "not particularly well written"? Usually, to fix it I delete the savegame, delete the rep pack, start the game, quit and put back the rep pack, and start again...

Badly written addon configs (which many of the early UKF addons were, and the weapons inherited a legacy config that was outdated and disheveled, but was added to again and again instead of being rewritten (untill Da12th took them over)) had a tendancy of pernamently writing themselves into any mission.sqm (the text based file that saves information where you place units, waypoints, etc etc) regardless of whether any part of the addon was ever placed in the mission.

Thats probably what has happened in this case, the old config was certainly badly written and I recall it writing itself into mission.sqm on its own accord. You can manually delete the entry from the mission.sqm by opening it in notepad. Its at the very top, sometimes twice.

AFAIK the errors normally come about as a result of addons making references to existing classes in the game in a way that causes them to be 'updated' in some way. So whenever a mission uses the existing BIS class, it says it needs the addon as well in order to update the BIS class to the correct 'standard' for that mission. If the addon isn't around, the game will cry foul.

Since your replacement packs actually require updating entries in existing classes in order to work; it's probably more of a necessary evil than anything you're doing wrong, but I'm no expert on config writing. AFAIK it's generally seen as best practice for mission makers to only install the addons their mission will actively require while they are developing the mission in the editor, and double-check the mission.sqm to purge any stray addon entries.

However for addons that are only really designed to add new things to the game independently, and not interfere with any existing classes (like ours); it's bad form to have references that update existing classes. Not least, because it can cause incompatibility and unintended behaviour if other addons update the same class accidentally or intentionally. So in our case, a config's not particularly well written if it makes changes to things that we don't intend it to change.

@Dan: I assure you, I probably made the configs even more of a mess before I asked Robalo to sort them out. He deserves all the praise in that regard.:)

I didn't help much either, even my most 'modern' configs were pretty ropey. Its nice to finally know what the issue actually was, I never could work out why some of our stuff did that to missions/entire games.

share your VIPIR_IW_o.p3d?(need the unbinarized version) I like your model for use in rh_weapon.

im working in replacement rh_weapons pack.

Good to see this released Da12th!

Sorry I didn't reply about the rc test, somehow forgot it.

share your VIPIR_IW_o.p3d?(need the unbinarized version) I like your model for use in rh_weapon.

Sent you a PM.

For anybody who's interested; I'm generally happy to share the MLODs for the Kite (CWS), Maxikite, VIPIR-2 (LWTI) and VIPIR-2+ with people who ask me for them. IIRC KITE is used by something like 50 different countries and VIPIRs are used by Australia and Turkey - so it'd be great to see them on a variety of weapons.

Send me an email address and info on what you want to use it for.

Good to see this released Da12th!

Sorry I didn't reply about the rc test, somehow forgot it.

No worries mate. I wasn't really lacking for people to get feedback from if there were any major issues - the RC went to quite a few people and was largely successful in generating feedback. ;)

Hope you're satisfied with the end result though. Can't tell you how often I'm using the LMGs these days!

I can't wait to try your replacement pack for this v2 release.

The BAF weapons aren't bad but PUKF's weapons are bordering on gun pr0n.

Loving the new weapons, The only other thing I would really love to see is the LAW 80 Anti-Tank launcher. I know it's almost at the end of it's life in the British army but it would be great to add that into Arma 2 especially with its spotting rifle. I seem to remember it in a previous UKF version but now it's gone :(

Loving the new weapons, The only other thing I would really love to see is the LAW 80 Anti-Tank launcher. I know it's almost at the end of it's life in the British army but it would be great to add that into Arma 2 especially with its spotting rifle. I seem to remember it in a previous UKF version but now it's gone :(

LAW 80's been out of use for a good six years already. It was replaced by ILAW (Bofors AT4) and now NLAW.

Like the L96. The model that was there before was a remnant from the weapons pack UKF made for Operations Flashpoint and it only ever existed in ArmA because a third party converted the OFP weapons pack to the game before the new UKF weapons models were released. We chose to keep it to prevent breaking missions people had made with the converted OFP weapons, but the plan was always to remove it eventually. Its model, textures and config were all out of date and caused problems for the game that couldn't be rectified without starting the model again from scratch (because the MLOD is no longer available).

Since the weapon is no longer used there was no chance it would ever be made again from scratch by UKF. As such it probably would have never been in ArmA to begin with if it was entirely down to us.

If you want a LAW-80, my advise would be to ask somebody working on a more appropriate time-period of British forces like Vilas (P85) or Trouble (BAOR).

Got a problem guys and hoping you could shed some light on it.

""it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted ukf_ukweps_oa_cfg" "

This error is the current bane of my existence. I have followed all the previously mentioned tips to eliminate this error and no dice, its keeps occuring.

I have even cleared out my old saved missions folders etc and still it keeps appearing. Example. I open mission editor, BI island, BI unit. give the mission a name, preview it and click save, then when i click revert the error window pops

up with, "it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted ukf_ukweps_oa_cfg" .

At my wits end, and this after i finished creating a mission for my brother that took 3 days and basically he cant play it because aver time he saves and reverts......(he is playing it on my machine under my logon etc)

Short of a re-install :hang: what can i do?

I had the same thing, I had to use Six Updater. Or I would get it everytime.

Well i will give it a shot, however my mod folders aren't setup to the way six updater likes, so I am having a hard time getting it to open up my mod folders and look at the addons within it.

****update****

After much stuffing around I removed the v2 weapons and config and replaced it with the old v1 and it now works. Not very satisfactory becase the v2 pack is horn, but at least my missions can be saved now.

Any idea why the conflict/error was occurring?

Edited by sv5000

I've just added all my mods through SU, Including manual installed. I Pmed Robalo ( Maker of the ASR ACE Configs ) And he said it had something to do with the order in which the mods are launched.