Sign in to follow this  
max power

Upcoming Addons/Mods - DISCUSSION

That looks great VXR, nice work.

That looks great VXR, nice work.

Thanks mate! Your gear is looking great too!

Never said I came up with the idea :p but mine is for 74 and not 47 ;)

Dat contour cam... you truly are working on the tease of the century...

Any chance you guys are working on a FAST helmet either?

on a related note, how the fuck are you so good at what you do!?

Edited by Scarecrow398

@Sabre and ardvarkdb, your textures and helmets details are amazing. Very impressive works!

I try not to talk about what may or may not be in the pack, but there should be enough variety to cover most of the equipment used by the SOTG ;) Thanks for all the positive comments though, it's nice to know all the hard work is appreciated

Very much appreciated ardvark, Sabre and you have the most impressive units and weapons in ArmA bar none. Just don't keep us waiting too much longer. :P

Looking good astast!

One problem you may run into is it is difficult to rig geometry over other geometry without having what's underneath crash through. It's going to be a bone weighting adventure!

Looking good astast!

One problem you may run into is it is difficult to rig geometry over other geometry without having what's underneath crash through. It's going to be a bone weighting adventure!

Thanks Max :)

I will make the vest a part of the unit model and make sure there is no surfaces under the vest itself, that would make rigging easier right?

Thanks Max :)

I will make the vest a part of the unit model and make sure there is no surfaces under the vest itself, that would make rigging easier right?

That would definitely help. The main lower torso is pretty easy to animate as there are only 4 main selections, pelvis, spine, spine1, spine2. It can get a little tricky when you get into the upper torso region, as you have spine1, spine2, spine3, neck, right shoulder, left shoulder, and the upper arm selections sometime. That area is always where I have the most trouble and takes forever, especially since previewing animations in O2 using the ICP animation pack can get you close, but ingame things always move a little differently.

That would definitely help. The main lower torso is pretty easy to animate as there are only 4 main selections, pelvis, spine, spine1, spine2. It can get a little tricky when you get into the upper torso region, as you have spine1, spine2, spine3, neck, right shoulder, left shoulder, and the upper arm selections sometime. That area is always where I have the most trouble and takes forever, especially since previewing animations in O2 using the ICP animation pack can get you close, but ingame things always move a little differently.

Thank you for the heads up i will do that then :)

Regards

Had to trawl a few pages to dig this thread up from the depths

@Sabre - eye wateringly beautiful stuff, is that all hand textured or are you using an element of photo ref/textures to get those materials?

Thanks mate.

The plastic base for the plastic parts on both was originally a photo reference, just cut out a small piece, edited it abit so it was more 'tileable' and made a larger version of it, made it lighter so then it can be easily overlaid or multiplied or whatever suites.

The Surefire logo's are also cutout from images and then fixed up or skewed to the right angle as needed.

Apart from those and the lens/bulb on the x300 the rest is done by 'hand'.

Edited by Sabre

Well you failed at that didn't you messiah? :p

Looking good mate, out of curiosity, what does the slip of paper say?

I got an ex army type to type up the sort of notes he might have scrawled down when he was on vehicle patrols; timings, radio frequencies, call signs, etc. Nothing about Max or Placebo, honest :rolleyes:

Lilt? tasty contraception eh? :p

Just a bit of UKF nostalgia - every land rover had a Lilt can hidden in it (a nod to deliltmon who made the first UKF rovers and started the tradition) - I've expanded it to the rest of the stuff I do.