Sign in to follow this  
hoak

Cover Systems, Lean & Realism

+1 I like this idea, was just gonna recommend it but then I saw Iroquois already did.

More off-topic: this idea was a collaborative effort. :) If anything, this solution would be a temporary one, the most important part is to get weapon and equipment selection mechanics in place, you could also map in-vehicle interaction to the number row. Once basic gameplay (weapons selection, world/object interaction) is functional, a new separate AI command interface could be designed, if needed.

I gotta say I'm a big fan of the blindfire in SMK anims. It's fantastically useful when you happen to know there's someone right around the corner. I'd love to see it as a default feature in Arma 3.

I gotta say I'm a big fan of the blindfire in SMK anims. It's fantastically useful when you happen to know there's someone right around the corner. I'd love to see it as a default feature in Arma 3.

Provided that such a blind fire shooting implementation is highly inaccurate, unstable (heavy recoil) and doesn't show the cursor (all so it can't be exploited in combination with 3rd person view), I second this.

Provided that such a blind fire shooting implementation is highly inaccurate, unstable (heavy recoil) and doesn't show the cursor (all so it can't be exploited in combination with 3rd person view), I second this.

I agree too, every time I watch the world news someone is blindfiring around a corner or over a wall, this is especially useful when you know for sure that the enemy has a bead on you. Watch how these fighters avoid being obliterated by enemy soldiers firing RPG's at them from around the corner at 0:16

Eimtdn7hVYg

I haven't played Red Orchastra 2 before but I like what I see in this video, I would like to be able to do this in Arma3 -

ra2Yh8b0qyI

I wouldn't penalize blindfire artificially beyond the fact that you lack line of sight to what you're shooting (if it were CornerShot, it's not blindfire :D), and I'd be uncertain about recoil since there's different ways that some weapons can be held... but I'll allow that not showing the cursor when blindfiring is a definitely interesting idea, and second there being any blindfire implementation in vanilla ARMA 3.

Not needed. Problem with animations above is that they are not ArmA friendly in terms of WYSITPIWYGIFPV (What you see in third person is what you get in first person view). Taking cover will probably not be part of vanilla but I have data and materials to make it should there be interest after the release.

So you can add new Animations to this Shooter? Will this also work in Multiplayer (Could be punished as hacking?)

Btw, I would love a cover system as it is in Killzone 3, or even better in Call of Juarez: BiB. Also FarCry 3 has a Cover System you can work with. On the other side, MOH: Warfighters Peek and Lean is rubbish, totally unusable, in my opinion.

Edit: Sorry for asking noob questions, I am totally new at arma. I watched a video of smk for arma 2, and there are these cover animations, will you do this smk mod for arma 3, too?

Edited by CptAVPr0metheus

I didn't thread necro, it was that other dude!

I'll say though that Warfighter's "peek and lean" is actually the closest mainstream analogue to the current Arma 3 "dynamic cover" implementation that stance adjust represents.

So you can add new Animations to this Shooter? Will this also work in Multiplayer (Could be punished as hacking?) And Can you also do this for other games.

Yes new animations can add, but require animation techniques! each server works with signed mods! the modder could since the source would have.but there are copyright and permissions

I need a clearance for this, i would pretty much like to have blindfire in vanilla, alltough I understand it complicates the controls even further which is perhaps thing to avoid with already complicated adjust posture system. If implementation of this additional feature does not work however, i suggest you best wait :)