SFG

Invasion 1944 v2.6 (CO)

Yes, there is no point to repeat the scenarios which others have explored much. As a free mod, it seems you could also have more free hands on some stuff, such as WaffenSS units. If its possible, I wish you could get some time to make the complete SS units in various headgears, smocks, camos, units and etc. for multi options in the game. They really had very impressive uniforms and patterns in the war... I bet that would be a very attractive addition to the WW2 gaming fans...

Thought everyone might like a peak at the changelog for 2.64 as it currently stands:

- [2.64] NEW Tank damage system overhaul by Animosity242.
- [2.64] NEW Doctor, and AT units added to Resistance, all units given backpacks.
- [2.64] NEW Panzerfaust 100 units added to German Factions.
- [2.64] NEW Fallschirmjager winter faction added to Germans.

- [2.64] FIXED Universal Carrier now takes damage.
- [2.64] FIXED Churchill front hatches added, commander view.
- [2.64] FIXED Panther & Tiger gear change volume corrected.
- [2.64] FIXED SdKfz234/2 Commander turned out view.
- [2.64] FIXED Hetzer missing portrait.
- [2.64] FIXED Sherman Wading tank mis-named DD.
- [2.64] FIXED Ju52 missing sounds.
- [2.64] FIXED Hetzer gunner sights.
- [2.64] FIXED Neaville Winter distant green colour.
- [2.64] FIXED Neaville foliage geometry's credit: Robster.
- [2.64] FIXED G43 rear sight widened.
- [2.64] FIXED Omaha_v2 and Neaville weather configs.
- [2.64] FIXED Chernarus (and other maps) weather and sea issues.
- [2.64] FIXED Panther distant texture, commander position, gunner sight foliage.

The new Tank Damage system incorporates a level of realistic armor penetration features not seen before in a first-person game.

Research stems from countless historical manuals, modern research books, and historical accounts.

Features Include:

Calculations for:
Armor Thickness
Armor Slope
Shot Placement
Impact Obliquity (Shots that impact at angles other than straight on, including rounded gun mantlets)
Shell Type (AP, APC, APCBC, APCBCHE, HEAT (shaped-charge), HE, APCR)
Shatter Gap
Armor Quality
Cast Armor
Face-Hardened Armor
Flawed Armor

Behind Armor Effects are also calculated for shell types, caliber, and velocity.
Effects Include:
Crew Wounding based on shot placement
Gun Damage
Track Damage
Engine Damage/Fire
Crew Compartment Fires

I wish you could get some time to make the complete SS units in various headgears, smocks, camos, units and etc.

I wish we had time to do this for many of the models where a reskin is possible, its definitely closer to the expansions we would like to have instead of whole new countires. But still its a huge undertaking, just getting the 101st into Winter gear felt like a mod's worth of work in itself and that was with several members working on them at the same time. We've had a Dot 44 camo for the Waffen SS hanging about ready to go in game several times over, its even been in some screens but its just never made it fully into the mod as of yet. One day though I'm sure we'll squeeze it in! Again if there's something you really want to do (and can do it competently and to a decent level of quality) by all means sign up and help us produce it!

Thought everyone might like a peak at the changelog for 2.64 as it currently stands:

- [2.64] NEW Tank damage system overhaul by Animosity242.
- [2.64] NEW Doctor, and AT units added to Resistance, all units given backpacks.
- [2.64] NEW Panzerfaust 100 units added to German Factions.
- [2.64] NEW Fallschirmjager winter faction added to Germans.

- [2.64] FIXED Universal Carrier now takes damage.
- [2.64] FIXED Churchill front hatches added, commander view.
- [2.64] FIXED Panther & Tiger gear change volume corrected.
- [2.64] FIXED SdKfz234/2 Commander turned out view.
- [2.64] FIXED Hetzer missing portrait.
- [2.64] FIXED Sherman Wading tank mis-named DD.
- [2.64] FIXED Ju52 missing sounds.
- [2.64] FIXED Hetzer gunner sights.
- [2.64] FIXED Neaville Winter distant green colour.
- [2.64] FIXED Neaville foliage geometry's credit: Robster.
- [2.64] FIXED G43 rear sight widened.
- [2.64] FIXED Omaha_v2 and Neaville weather configs.
- [2.64] FIXED Chernarus (and other maps) weather and sea issues.
- [2.64] FIXED Panther distant texture, commander position, gunner sight foliage.

The new Tank Damage system incorporates a level of realistic armor penetration features not seen before in a first-person game.

Research stems from countless historical manuals, modern research books, and historical accounts.

Features Include:

Calculations for:
Armor Thickness
Armor Slope
Shot Placement
Impact Obliquity (Shots that impact at angles other than straight on, including rounded gun mantlets)
Shell Type (AP, APC, APCBC, APCBCHE, HEAT (shaped-charge), HE, APCR)
Shatter Gap
Armor Quality
Cast Armor
Face-Hardened Armor
Flawed Armor

Behind Armor Effects are also calculated for shell types, caliber, and velocity.
Effects Include:
Crew Wounding based on shot placement
Gun Damage
Track Damage
Engine Damage/Fire
Crew Compartment Fires

2.64 release next weekend or i am wrong understand?

It depends what happens during testing and if we discover any problems with the new scripts in multiplayer specifically, but the plan is to have it out for next weekend yes, but we can never know for sure what will happen.

It depends what happens during testing and if we discover any problems with the new scripts in multiplayer specifically, but the plan is to have it out for next weekend yes, but we can never know for sure what will happen.

if you encounter difficulties, we will wait.

I just want to say this the best mod i have ever seen.

One small issue is the legs going all wiggly jiggly when you reach sloped ground, and at random intervals you can fire Karabiner 98K rounds, multiple rounds, an not have to reload, but it all seems to pile up and you have to pull the bolt back that amount of times you fired without pulling the bolt back straight after.

But apart from that, 9.5/10!

We even made a unit on the mod its that good!

If anyone reading this wants to enjoy this mod with a community, find out about us!

Twitter: @AirborneEascom

Teamspeak: eurots10.gameservers.com:9236

if you encounter difficulties, we will wait.

Hopefully not too long! We're trying to keep this patch small and focused on the damage system, its quite the game changer so I'm very excited to see the community's response, don't forget to pimp I44 to your tanker friends and soon any pilots too!

One small issue is the legs going all wiggly jiggly when you reach sloped ground, and at random intervals you can fire Karabiner 98K rounds, multiple rounds, an not have to reload, but it all seems to pile up and you have to pull the bolt back that amount of times you fired without pulling the bolt back straight after.

Well the animation issue is something we're aware of but it seems to be an engine problem that we've had no joy placing on obvious issues with any models, generally it seems to be the american airborne based models (please note it helps to specify specific units when you encounter probels, we don't have time to re-check every class ;) ). Unless there's a modeller looking to come bugfix it for us its doubtful that we'll ever be able to fix that.

The k98k issues I've not seen myself, and again with the numerous variants its hard to know if its a specific model problem, or if you're just lagging on an mp server, as the bolt action is scripted and not supported in the game engine directly. If you would like to report issues, please use Dev-Heaven as it allows us to track and fix issues that have been detailed by our users and testers. Glad you enjoyed the mod, and feel free to expand on why you enjoy it so much not just the bugs!

Just a suggestion, since you guys are about to push an update out. Any chances you make a downloadable patch rather than just PwS update? At least some of the peer websites, Armaholic? Or perhaps a single link full mod download (with all updates) would be even better:)

Can you guys please make a commercial game so I can pay you for your work?

Seriously, though, your mod is crazy good, really looking forward to the new features in 1.64

-Gabe

Just a suggestion, since you guys are about to push an update out. Any chances you make a downloadable patch rather than just PwS update? At least some of the peer websites, Armaholic? Or perhaps a single link full mod download (with all updates) would be even better

We always do release patches for direct download, its just PwS is generally available first, both Armaholic and ModDB take time to authorise downloads whereas on Six the files become available as soon as they are up on their servers.

We can't however provide multiple download options such as packed and patches, putting together a release package requires a lot of planning and testing, the documentation also needs to be specific to that version and cover several install options, all of which is minimised or removed when releasing on Six making our life a lot easier. Then of course all files need to be uploaded. With the mod weighing in at 3.5 GB thats a long time on my upstream rates.

Can you guys please make a commercial game so I can pay you for your work? Seriously, though, your mod is crazy good, really looking forward to the new features in 1.64

Thanks, we have considered making a donation page several times, ultimately I doubt we'd cover the cost of the web hosting though so we'll see... glad you're looking forward to the patch (2.64 ;)) remind your friends to give the mod a go!

Edited by PacUK

Thanks for the info Pac.

Downloading I44 :)

Edit: Just finished trying out I44. Even without Eastern front this is amazing!

I recommend it to everyone, try it out seriously :D

Someone mentioned that this should be a commercial game, well I agree to some level, this is more of a game based on A2 CO engine rather than a mod, enormous amount of work is put into this. You guys say I44 was developed for past decade? That's a lot of time. So I am going to suggest something.

If you plan to port I44 to A3, and perhaps expand it (Eastern front :D) in the future, you should seek sponsors (Such as National Geographic, they used to fund mod teams and game developers for great WW2 recreations) or start a kickstarter, raise some money, get paid and hire new team members on a professional level, buy music licenses, buy a license to use A2/A3 engine from BI and release a stand alone game that is either free or paid.

I also suggest you make an installer (whole mod) since you put documentation, executables, icons and almost everything for it, then release that, and release patches only with major changes (say in few months or half a year) just like PR Team did for BF2 PR.

Thanks for such a great mod, I44 Team :)

Edited by MAVEN

I think I44 will always remain a free mod for the size and scale of what we have, a commercial venture would be quite the risk. Iront Front have done okay but the pressure of developing a commercial product did seem to limit their vision compared to what they had originally planned as a mod. Due to funding and deadlines you wouldn't be able to create content for 10 years befor an actual release. By being a free mod it has allowed us to develop for several engines, and produce content which in some cases is still used now that was produced back for the original Operation Flashpoint (though that content is very much on its last legs now and is being phased out).

As a mod we can't really use kickstarter or other funding methods, the only thing that really would be possible would be donations which is definitely something we'll consider if we do come to produce the A3 version, we want to but the amount of work it would take to just port the content we already have would be immense and require it to be basically a job, as was the case with the A2 port, its not a simple plug and play situation and we are still cleaning out bugs caused by the port.

Regarding the installer, we did used to provide one, but that limited the mod to Windows users, and as a lot of servers use Linux it alienated a large portion of the crowd and still wasn't that helpfuly actually installing the mod. Play with Six does exactly that for us which is why we promote and push its use, it keeps things up to date without us having to provide mirrors or produce patch installation notes detailing where to install to and so on. Also every large patch (2.0, 2.5, 2.6) has been released as a standalone version rather than a patch, with smaller updates (2.61, 2.62 etc which still end up being a few hundred meg) paving the way before larger patches roll out again. In the past we held content back to release alongside patches and ultimately its a failing way to develop the mod. As for months we had maps and units ready that no one could use which can be very demotivating to the members who have spent time creating the content. The current system we have has been working great so far, it allows us to get content like the tank damage system into the game, without having to wait another 2 months while we work on the M10's view distlance level of detail models.

To give you some idea of the release process, once the patched files are actually ready, it can take up to a week (sometimes longer) to actually release the files to the public. Most of that time is spent reinstalling the mod and patching ourselves to make sure they work. Testing online to ensure compatibility and nothing game-killing has snuck in. Developing documentation and patch notes. Preparing release pages for posts on several websites (often requiring different formats and layouts depending on the site and forum and code required). Final packaging with all documentation and files. Re-reinstalling and testing to ensure the product contains everything thats needed. Uploading the files which can take a pretty long time depending on who's around and has access to the files (the 2.0 update took me 11 hours, three times, and then had to be hotfixed, which led to around 48 hours of no sleep for me). Finally actually posting relelease pages with active links which then need to be updated and maintained as mirrors go live.

Compare to a release on PwS, once files are final they are signed and tested, changelogs produced, and packed into a 7z which we send Sickboy (though soon we will be able to manage the files directly, allowing even smaller patches to go live much more often). The repository gets updated, users click the update button, and then are ready to play. It cuts down so much time on uploading documentation and testing for us, and makes installation and use a ton easier for the user without having the read step by step complex instructions (which many did not resulting in large posts re-explaining the same information). We still provide archive main releases and patches, but intend these for experienced users so can minimise documentation (which again is generally not read).

If we were to make an installer as well, we couldn't abandon the archive versions, and wouldn't want to drop PwS so it would just be another method we'd have to document and test delaying releases further, when ultimately PwS already does that, and supports pretty much every mod available for the game. Seems like a no-brainer to me.

I fully agree with the point! Not all are woking for money. As a hobby, it could be more free, easy and devoted!

The new verison 2.64 could be expected much! I'm very curious about the new armor system. It sounds nice and would like to see if it's similar to or different from what IF game has presented. If it's sucessful in this animation, that will add a very great speciality to Invasion 44 gaming.

Edited by Fkymplbo

Nice post Pac

And thanks Gabe Ruckus & Maven, and the others for your kind words. I'm sure Pac and the other appreciate it, helps keep the energy.

As for PwS, while it may have (had) a few hiccups, you have to consider it from 2 perspectives for Mod teams. One as Pac explained on effort and need to deliver consistent product and another is Audience Size.

For a bigger audience, using DayZ as an example, ArmA is complicated enough to run mods on, but PwS virtually makes it One-Click for your Average Joe Gamer.

Gnat;2277444']

For a bigger audience' date=' using DayZ as an example, ArmA is complicated enough to run mods on, but PwS virtually makes it One-Click for your Average Joe Gamer.[/quote']

Yep, even for experienced ones :)

Thanks for your detailed answers, Pac.

You guys know what you are doing, so I'm going to leave it at that. Keep up the good work.

I just finished exploring all of the I44's content in editor (completed several missions as well), tried out almost every single armor/car/aircraft/unit I could and I have to say, that's a lot of units! I've never seen so many and well detailed armors in a game (Except ArmA 2 CO with DLC's of course) let alone a mod. The tanks, Sherman and Tiger in particular have eye-candy detail and behave so realistically to commands.

I would like to know. I searched the forums and Armaholic, found several user made missions but none of those were what I was looking for, what I actually need is a dynamic SP mission with high re-playability value such as Flashpoint by Thomsonb or Armoured Recon by ArmaMedic or AdvancingPower by Dragon Zen. Anyone knows where I can find such missions, or perhaps mods of those but for I44 so I can have some offline fun with I44 when there are no servers I could play on?

what I actually need is a dynamic SP mission with high re-playability value

Ha, was just searching (again) for the same just a couple days ago ........ came up with zero sadly.

.... which got me thinking about converting an existing SP Dynamic ...... after I find spare time !!

The closest I've found is MARKB50K's Apocalypse missions ...... pretty darn good for SP.

Anyone knows where I can find such missions, or perhaps mods of those but for I44 so I can have some offline fun with I44 when there are no servers I could play on?

I have tons of I44 missions on my MR:

http://missionrepository.webs.com/

you can try, templates, coop, multiple island, sp, mission packs, I complied all of the I44 missions from Armaholic and the rest is from submissions to the site,

by the community cant recommend any dynamic ones though.

You could always build your own missions.

you can try, templates, coop, multiple island, sp, mission packs, I complied all of the I44 missions from Armaholic and the rest is from submissions to the site,

by the community cant recommend any dynamic ones though. You could always build your own missions.

LOL shameless promotion when obviously the key word we're looking for is "dynamic" :D

by the community cant recommend any dynamic ones though.

You could always build your own missions.

Thanks for the link, I dl some of the missions, hopefully they are well made.

It's sad there's no dynamic mission for I44. Perhaps someone could make something like this for SP or even better MP (My personal favorite over many years) - http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?77476-SP-Armoured-Recon

I would make some dynamic missions if I had the A2 scripting knowledge which I sadly don't posses as I explored the editor only recently and ended up making a mission and a mission pack. Maybe in the future I do make some for I44, but sadly I won't be able to soon.

If anyone is planning on making a dynamic SP mission for I44 and winter terrain in particular, thumbs up for you:D

Since we're on the topic of I44 missions, has anyone released a decent mission featuring resistance/partisan forces vs wehrmacht?

I believe there's Apocalypse/Lost available here on our forums http://forum.invasion-1944.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=419 that might be what you're looking for.

Apocalypse - Invade. Control. Conquer

I got all the I44 missions from I44 forums and Armaholic, the one linked above is dynamic:

http://missionrepository.webs.com/i44-mulitple-islands

LOL shameless promotion when obviously the key word we're looking for is "dynamic"

Thanks for the support gnat, i posted to provide options, the idea was to look at my MR as I had compiled all the I44 missions, and it might be very possible

that what he's looking for may be listed that was my intent. I'm doing my part to support I44.

The mod is superb, my only caveat is the lack of missions (especially Dynamic ones) for SP, and for MP perhaps some more EVO/Partol Ops 2 conversions would help with popularity?

I am planning to make some Dynamic missions using this mod as soon as i get a chance. They will be similar to my Warzone : Operation Black Viking mission, simple objective but with a lot of random unit creation to keep the re-playability high. I'm also not a fan of the SIX updater but im sure ill get used to it.

Ill post here after I get around to it.

I believe there's Apocalypse/Lost available here on our forums http://forum.invasion-1944.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=419 that might be what you're looking for.

Thanks Pac.

Seems like something I was looking for. The mission supports stunning amount of factions and islands, the original BI thread here - http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?135304-SP-Apocalypse-Invade-Control-Conquer