SFG

Invasion 1944 v2.6 (CO)

@PacUK: Thanks for your answer!

Great wreck models! I´m curious to fly (and crash ;)) these ones...

Do you have future plans to add the M1C Garand (sniper variant, rarely indroduced in June 1944)? - Silly question... i know, you have enough to do :rolleyes:

But it would be very, very fine!

Do you have future plans to add the M1C Garand (sniper variant, rarely indroduced in June 1944)?

There were no plans to, its not something I think I've ever seen, but depending on the scope used and mounting it may be possible to add it at some point in the future, but don't hold your breath for it ;)

I know I'm on the same team but wow Gnat and Yac your work continues to excite the hell out of me :D Really looking forward to producing some epic air battle missions (and a few bombing runs too!) that I've had to hold back on with releases so far it'll be great to get back in the air properly!

Hey guys. It seems there are still lots of I44 servers, a good thing.

Though I want to know. Is ACE mandatory on all or most I44 servers and does I44 run better than vanilla OA?

Whats ACE got to do with I44?

ACe is only mandatory if a server is running I44 with ACE, and requires you to have ACE, which wouldn't be possible as ACE is a modern war mod, and has configs and such setup for ACE itself.

If ACE were to even be able to run with I44 then their would have to be new configs in ace to make ACE compatible with I44.

And one were to try running ACe with I44, if the game dont crash on you, or you dont get some error saying this file requires this file, it still dont mean ace is actually working with I44.

I44 is a self contained mod, if any other mod were to work with I44 then it would need not only testing, but the thing is to make sure that whatever mod your running with I44 is not being overwritten by I44 configs, so for example if you wanted to change the gun sounds in I44 with lets say JSRS sounds, it wouldn't work because I44 has configs setup for their sounds and sounds files contained in each pbo for their sounds, plus JSRS wouldn't work because all of the sounds for that mod is for modern weapon classnames and couldn't possibly overwrite a sound, you would have to change the coding in the I44 sound files to point them to work with JSRS, but then too it would sound silly to have modern day m16 sound for an m1 garand, its out of context, just a dumb example of course.

Hope that made sense, my examples and description are a little short on the stick today.

I have however was able to get a bunch of mods to work with I44.

In my CoWarModI44 which needs to be updated, I have many addons and mods in it that will work with I44.

does I44 run better than vanilla OA?

You cannot run I44 with just OA alone,I44 require arma2CO, which is Arma2+OA, so running better is basically running

Think Gunter covered everything there :D You're free to try running any mods you like with I44, but generally they won't be compatible and we can't provide any kind of support to those that do run it and encounter problems.

Thanks for the clarification, helped a lot!

I do have CO, was wondering does I44 run better/faster than OA alone (because of model, texture, number of players difference, etc) however after seeing few videos I got my answer.

It's been a while since last there was a decent WW2 game out there, this mod crosses the barrier to the point it simulates WW2, which is a great thing. I always wanted something like this :)

How do I remove this error?

Cannot load texture i44_optics_2\data\tzf_9c\spin_ca.paa

How do I remove this error?

Without knowing when its happening or what units you're using when you experience it or missions you're loading there's not much we can suggest. Are you using Play withSix?

Without knowing when its happening or what units you're using when you experience it or missions you're loading there's not much we can suggest. Are you using Play withSix?

In main menu at game launch. No six, I installed 1.6 then 1.63 and cba then added them to shortcut. My friend is getting it too.

I do have CO, was wondering does I44 run better/faster than OA alone

Wont work with OA alone, I44 works best by using it with what it requires, namely CO.

In main menu at game launch. No six, I installed 1.6 then 1.63 and cba then added them to shortcut. My friend is getting it too.

Suggest making sure you have the latest patch for I44. If it still comes up reinstall, apply the latest I44 patches and make sure your target line for when you launch reads:

-mod=@CBA;@CBA_A2;@CBA_OA;@I44

also clear your mission cache which can be found int he same folder as your RPT.

hey guys, I may be motivated to work on a campaign for this mod.

however, 2 questions:

-where is the full classname (vehicles, ammo, weapons, units...)

-does the BI first aid and wound system work? otherwise, if there is a specific one for the mod, how does it work?

thanks

where is the full classname (vehicles, ammo, weapons, units...)

https://dev-heaven.net/projects/inv44/wiki

-does the BI first aid and wound system work? otherwise, if there is a specific one for the mod, how does it work?

Have no idea if the bi module works with I44. I44 has a wounding system already inplace, review the enclosed pdf that comes with i44 for this feature.

You've not followed installation correctly, also the version number is 2.##. To run correctly you MUST install 2.6, 2.61, 2.62, 2.63 IN ORDER, patches do not include the previous patches. If unsure use Play withSix as that will download the whole current v2.63.

-where is the full classname (vehicles, ammo, weapons, units...)

Classname Q already answered. The first aid system SHOULD work, if you are planning on making your campaign SP its probably the safest bet. If you want it to be MP, use ours its a lot more realistic and interesting to use with things like hit reaction animations.

Other than bug fixes the main thing will be Animosity's new tank damage system, rather than progressively taking damage as before, we now have a more accurate penetration system, so its very possible to sit bouncing shells off the front sloping armor of a panther all day long and not make a dent. There's also various visual effects with smoke and fires from hatches, ammo explosions that make for some great views after a battle. If possible we'll try and squeeze a new tank or two in but right now we're leaning towards releasing the update sooner and roll those out in later updates.

I love new tank damage system ver 2.64,cant waite releasе ,but we waiting

I was about to install this mod today (with playwithSIX) but, things went terribly wrong (the mod is not to blame at all)

PlaywithSIX forced older beta patch over my newer 409 one and rendered my CO useless (even when I tried to re-apply 409), so I had to reinstall it all, re-download mods and set everything up again.

What I want to know is, are there any mirrors for I44 (single link)? Because there's no way I will ever use that launcher again, or perhaps for some time until it becomes stable enough.

It will make it SP, so good news that the BI wound and first aid system work!

Thanks

All I44 files are hosted on Armaholic as well of course: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=12465

(version 2.63 is a seperate pacth file, link at the bottom!)

Is this version (D-Day) the actual CO version of the mod or a separate D-Day themed one for A2 only? If it's the CO one, would this version (from Armaholic) work with all I44 servers out there? Because if so, that's awesome, thanks for the link :D

Uhm, its listed under the OA download section and requires A2 so indeed that should indicate this is the CO version of I44.

I was about to install this mod today (with playwithSIX) but, things went terribly wrong (the mod is not to blame at all)

PlaywithSIX forced older beta patch over my newer 409 one and rendered my CO useless (even when I tried to re-apply 409), so I had to reinstall it all, re-download mods and set everything up again.

What I want to know is, are there any mirrors for I44 (single link)? Because there's no way I will ever use that launcher again, or perhaps for some time until it becomes stable enough.

Hi,

For starters, replacing the newer beta with older beta should have no negative effects whatsoever.

'Rendered CO useless' and having to 'reinstall and redownload mods and set everything up again' seems rather strange,

I can't imagine such need at all, maybe you could elaborate a little more?

Also since PwS installs by default to My Documents\ARMA 2, so it shouldn't overwrite any betas.

Perhaps you mean that the ARMA2 oa steam-based exe in the game folder is replaced by the beta because of the following? http://getsatisfaction.withsix.com/withsix/topics/version_error_when_launching_through_steam_overlay

I'll look into making that more obvious, perhaps by dialog - "Your STEAM exe is not synchronized with the beta, this is required if you want to launch over the SteamLauncher",

will also look into the recent Beta support added to Steam perhaps we can drop the need all together.

The newer beta was considered of experimental quality and as such wasn't available yet on PwS. I would say that's a positive aspect rather than negative.

In any case, you can turn off the updating of Beta in the Game Settings. If you then make sure there is no .rsync subfolder in the beta, and that there is at least a beta installed, PwS will not touch it.

We're planning to add better multi-version support in the future.

PwS is getting rather stable lately but if you are experiencing issues or have any kind of feedback,

we gladly hear about it and try to solve/improve asap: http://play.withsix.com/support

Edited by Sickboy

Is this version (D-Day) the actual CO version of the mod or a separate D-Day themed one for A2 only?

That link is for Armaholics 2.62 package, they kindly incorporated 2.6, 2.61, and 2.62 into a single download. You will however have to get the 2.63 patch as well if you decide to install manually and want to play online.

Hi,

For starters, replacing the newer beta with older beta should have no negative effects whatsoever.

'Rendered CO useless' and having to 'reinstall and redownload mods and set everything up again' seems rather strange,

I can't imagine such need at all, maybe you could elaborate a little more?

Also since PwS installs by default to My Documents\ARMA 2, so it shouldn't overwrite any betas.

Perhaps you mean that the ARMA2 oa steam-based exe in the game folder is replaced by the beta because of the following? http://getsatisfaction.withsix.com/withsix/topics/version_error_when_launching_through_steam_overlay

I'll look into making that more obvious, perhaps by dialog - "Your STEAM exe is not synchronized with the beta, this is required if you want to launch over the SteamLauncher",

will also look into the recent Beta support added to Steam perhaps we can drop the need all together.

The newer beta was considered of experimental quality and as such wasn't available yet on PwS. I would say that's a positive aspect rather than negative.

In any case, you can turn off the updating of Beta in the Game Settings. If you then make sure there is no .rsync subfolder in the beta, and that there is at least a beta installed, PwS will not touch it.

We're planning to add better multi-version support in the future.

PwS is getting rather stable lately but if you are experiencing issues or have any kind of feedback,

we gladly hear about it and try to solve/improve asap: http://play.withsix.com/support

Thanks for the clarification. As with any new tool/utility I always set settings first before use. The default directories were in Documents indeed, however after I've set proper A2/A2OA mod and pack folders (installations were properly auto-detected though) and decided to install ACE, Play withSIX decided to not only update my beta patch (Steam version, I also have a non steam one) but also update mods detected (some of them didn't get detected at all) and then freeze, leaving download progress via r/zsync unfinished which later corrupted the mods as well. As BI stated. Beta patches are not backwards compatible, forcing an older patch over a newer one may indeed result in errors just like in this case. I didn't know about beta opt-out button. However, if you guys are going to force beta update by default, at least make sure you have the latest one in the cloud.

Don't get me wrong. Play withSIX looks great, works fast, it's very lightweight, I personally like the UI/UX, but it has limited functionality and there's lots of things to be fixed still. If you want more feedback (at least from me) give me Play withSIX thread link on BI forums, otherwise I can't submit my feedback.

Anyway. To back on topic. Could someone please confirm if Armaholic I44 D-Day is compatible with versions used by servers now? I really want to try this mod out.

Edit: Didn't see the reply. Thanks for clarification PacUK and everyone who helped out. I will DL the mod and give it a run :)

Edited by MAVEN

As Sickboy suggested, its worth giving your feedback through their tracking system, I know what its like trying to track issues suggestions and bugs across forum threads and its just next to impossible. So visit http://play.withsix.com/support and direct your feedback there.

As a mod maker PwS really is a huge benefit, it simplifies releases no end and is continually improving with each release. We waste countless hours just supporting releases with people who have trouble with installations and they are 99% always due to failed manual installations and ignoring instructions which we had to spend more time writing. With PwS people can just click and play and we don't have to spend hours or days uploading content to various mirrors, as with the 11 hour upload that I had to do three times over for 2.0's release, which then had to be promptly hotfixed twice on release day. You can see with your own confusion about which version(s) to download how much easier it is just to click and install/update button rather than hunting down all the parts you need, for example the correct version of CBA, just becomes much tougher when you have to go through hosting sites.

Cloud computing is the next gen thing. Steam works in similar way Play withSIX does. I have nothing against cloud data and mod installement this way, however Play withSIX is still relatively unstable.

A friend of mine suggested I should try SixUpdater/SixLauncher instead. I will think about it for ace2, though for this mod I am glad there's an armaholic link.