Sign in to follow this  
Nicholas

World’s Tiniest Chameleons Found in Madagascar

As the titles states, the world's smallest chameleon has been found in Madagascar.

Researchers have recently discovered four new chameleon species, which rank among the world’s tiniest reptiles. Adults of the smallest species are just over an inch from snout to tail.

23kvkig.jpg

It really makes you wonder what else we have yet to discover on our own planet and elsewhere.

Full story here.

Awww they're just so cute! It's amazing that even after all this time there are still things to discover, no doubt more species lie hidden especially in such a 'remote' region.. I wonder what purpose they serve in nature, what kind of bugs they eat.

I'm not surprised that they took a while to be found. :rolleyes:

awww they're soooo cuuuute!!!

oh wait I'm a dude..... :D

No shame in it brosif.

Wow, they are almost nano size, makes you think how they survive being trodden on. I bet they dont have a very long life-span.

Only just discovered? I saw these dudes on a David Attenborough documentary about 3 years ago.

Still cool though.

*edit*

PCmqM3YP1-4

Edited by DMarkwick

these seems even smaller than ones in the video ;) also it seems they exist only in very limited area

these seems even smaller than ones in the video ;) also it seems they exist only in very limited area

@08:07 are the ones DMarkwick was talking about. I think you can safely say they are the same size.