Sign in to follow this  
DnA

Take On Helicopters Beta Patch 88791

it's publicly known i like SMAA over FXAA and that i usually use low or high (1,3) over the medium, very high (2,4) quality settings of SMAA

Great. Thanks, Dwarden.

---------- Post added at 07:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:52 PM ----------

the FXAAsharp isn't mentioned in readme because it's hardcoded so that's part of the FXAA by default in TOH hence no point to write about :)

But as it is a very cool new feature (I have never heard of FXAA with sharpening built in) the more explanation and advertisement the better, imo. If people hadn't read your post, they'd never know about this cool feature!

> Small problem, medium helicopter is not possible control when my start state is 'flying', collective is too sensitive and I quickly end up in spin.

fixed

> heavy: Good, except that landing is impossible....

fixed

Good to hear it's fixed! I've been enjoying light heli very much, now I'll be able to do same thing in the others :)

> Small problem, medium helicopter is not possible control when my start state is 'flying', collective is too sensitive and I quickly end up in spin.

fixed

fixed

Excellent! :D

--------------------------

Just to make sure, AToC will not work if FXAA or PPAA are enabled and FSAA is disabled, correct?

I'd like to disable FSAA and move to FXAA or PPAA, but that is not possible if AToC is desired, I guess. ?

Edited by OMAC

AToC is related to enabled normal AA methods and needs it to function

AToC is related to enabled normal AA methods and needs it to function

Thought so. Thanks! :)

fixed

fixed

confirmed and thanks :)

Is the official BIS line still that kb/mouse is fully supported?

Jay answered my question:

Creative Director Jay Crowe points out:

“Our game doesn’t demand you to have any previous flight (game) experience, nor does it matter if you want to play it with mouse-and-keyboard, a gamepad or, for that matter, a full-blown cockpit-setup. In that sense, the civil-aviation context – not to mention the wonderful Seattle as the setting – of Take On Helicopters was ideal, as it allowed us to create a fun set of missions, whilst keeping the primary focus upon flying helicopters."

http://takeonthegame.com/take-on-helicopters-hinds-announced/

:D BIS rules.

OMAC,

I think we all know by now that it is very important to you that you keep the possibility to play ToH with kb and mouse - at expert difficulty level...

You have been very vocal about this on different occasions in the past.

I also think that no-one of the other community members here wants to take that away from you.

On the other hand you should try to realize too that - just like you find this kb/mouse thing a major issue - others on the forum here may have been moved to buy ToH based on completely different criteria than yours.

In the same url you posted above Jay states:

With Take On Helicopters, our goal was to strike a balance between pure gaming – story-driven scenarios, challenges, time trials – and an authentic experience of flying a helicopter. Of course, that’s a tough job, but alongside the accessible controls, difficulty settings and optional assists, we’re glad to find a big range of people having fun flying helicopters in Take On.

Speaking for me personally, the promise of an authentic experience of flight is what convinced me to spent my hard-earned money to a software company I never heard of before (BIS)...

Noticing that the torque induced yaw is no longer realistically simulated in the beta patches to accomodate kb/mouse users is a step in the wrong direction in my opinion.

Why should other BIS customers/flight simmers owning a joystick, a collective and a set of rudder pedals have to deal with a less realistic behavior of flight in a future patch??

We should really avoid falling into this discussion over and over again and instead try to get BIS to cater for everyones needs by showing some understanding for each other wishes and intrests in ToH.

As stated in the other topic of the beta forum, we need to convince BIS to include more realism options as far as the simulation of the helicopter flight is concerned while keeping these independent from the general difficulty options of the game (beginner, trainee and expert).

Hoping we can all get along in the future...

Regards,

Sylvain

OMAC,

I think we all know by now that it is very important to you that you keep the possibility to play ToH with kb and mouse - at expert difficulty level...

You have been very vocal about this on different occasions in the past.

I also think that no-one of the other community members here wants to take that away from you.

On the other hand you should try to realize too that - just like you find this kb/mouse thing a major issue - others on the forum here may have been moved to buy ToH based on completely different criteria than yours.

In the same url you posted above Jay states:

Speaking for me personally, the promise of an authentic experience of flight is what convinced me to spent my hard-earned money to a software company I never heard of before (BIS)...

Noticing that the torque induced yaw is no longer realistically simulated in the beta patches to accomodate kb/mouse users is a step in the wrong direction in my opinion.

Why should other BIS customers/flight simmers owning a joystick, a collective and a set of rudder pedals have to deal with a less realistic behavior of flight in a future patch??

We should really avoid falling into this discussion over and over again and instead try to get BIS to cater for everyones needs by showing some understanding for each other wishes and intrests in ToH.

As stated in the other topic of the beta forum, we need to convince BIS to include more realism options as far as the simulation of the helicopter flight is concerned while keeping these independent from the general difficulty options of the game (beginner, trainee and expert).

Hoping we can all get along in the future...

Regards,

Sylvain

I totally agree! I have so much fun flying the MD 500 with CP 3 & v1.03 and it would be a shame if BIS doesn't implement more options to allow a realistic flight experience for all the pilots with a joystick and a less realistic flight model for kb&mouse players. The solution cannot be that those who want a realistic experience have to tweak the flight model.

I'm all for a 'realistic' option.