Sign in to follow this  
fluttershy

German Forces next Generation

I have overwatched the Arma 2 modding community for several years now and enjoyed the fact that everyone that is able to contribute something does so without hesitation.

Over time i was able to learn how to properly use Maya and other programms needed to create mods my self. Until now i wasnt sure if the Quallity of my work is really worth releasing so i did hold back on posting anything to the Public. But enough with the Pre-Story.

I'm currently creating a next Generation of Weapons for the German Forces since even ACE is just now featuring the G36A2 i decided to tackle the Task to create more Special Forces and up to date Gear that is currently in Testing within the German Military. My Project will only feature weapons, no Unit or Vehicles.

So here is the List of what im going to implement:

-G 36 K RAS

The KSK demanded some recent changes to the G36 System, mostly cosmetic but also performance modifications. The biggest modification to the Rifle will be the new 6.8 mm Caliber

-G 28 Sniper System (currently in testing to replace the G3 as DMR)

A Modified Version of a HK417 with addition of a new Match Type Barrel and Nightimaging addon plus a detachable suppressor

- MG 4

A new Squad Automatic Rifle based of the FN Mini Series enhance by HK to deliver fire support on a 5.56 mm basis but not to replace the MG3

Thats what im looking for as of now, the list might get additional points as i continue, but for a single person thats already quiet a task to accomplish.

And yes, of course there is already a slight progress with pretty pictures to look at.

k6GSQ.jpg

XibvC.jpg

I'll of course inform you guys as soon as i have more to show you. For now i will finish up the G36s base Texture and then look into the other weapons.

Good stuff fluttershy :) It's always good to see new people come into the modding scene especially when they bring new models.

hey, looks pretty good.

But I have one additional information :)

I know it is still in wip but,

the Eotech Holosight, should it be an 552?

If yes it is a bit too small :rolleyes:

The other thing is that the sight infront of the Eotech should be an magnifier?

If yes it has to be bigger like the eotech and have to be behind the Eotech ;)

And, another thin is the length of the RAS I think its a bit too long (in the case if it has to be an g36k for an g36E its good) :)

Here are two photos to compare.

http://www.topnotchtactical.com/images/products/EOTech_557_3x_Gen2.jpg

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj293/khazzy/Airsoft/IMG_0155-1.jpg

But so long it looks good, some flip up sight upon the ksk rail and it looks perfect :)

Edited by Donny

Any plans for an AG36 attached to these lovely G36s? Does the Bundeswehr really use the AN/PEQ-2? As far as I know only the LLM01 is in use.

Don't worry guys the addons on the weapon were more for testing purpose to see if my rails have the right size.

@Donny:

Yes the RAS is longer then regularly aviable for personal as it is a longered system for the G36KA4 featuring 6.8 mm - don't ask my why but its refering to Pictures i recived from some "friends" of mine. There will be a shorter version for the C though.

@Fingoflin:

there will be Versions with an AG36 but that currently is not on priority. The Plan is to get the basic done and then switch towards Equipment like the AG36, Sights and the LLM02 or other Scopes. The Handguard will sadly not the be RAS System then since they currently have no attachable Grenadelauncher planed for the System.

@Donny:

I researched on the Flipsight matter and it appears that some Operators bought the MP7 Slip up sight and mounted it onto there toprail as Backup sights - i currently dont know if i will implement that as it wouldnt be useable unless i write a small execute script into the config (like the L115 by OOPz).

Beware: i will release a new Screenshot of the Texture work today in the evening hours.

So as promissed - my Updated progress on the G36K A6 RAS (Yes A6 is the info i got when asking about a specification about the Model)

Im still missing the Buttstock and Handgrip as well as the second side of the upper reciver and of course some smaller cosmetic texture changes.

MhAHb.jpg

fAUBm.jpg

very nice , i see some pictures of some french soldier using it that's a nice weapons !

A 6.8mm G36? I haven't heard of this before.

Anyway I always love German gear, and I'm especially looking forward to the MG4.

A 6.8mm G36? I haven't heard of this before.

You see on front this Pic, or this Pic the G36C, that's the modified version of the Standard "C" Version with 6.8mm Rounds for the KSK.

You see on front this Pic, or this Pic the G36C, that's the modified version of the Standard "C" Version with 6.8mm Rounds for the KSK.

That G36 on your Pics is an "G36 K" not the "C". This is an " C Variant " pic

Note the Shorter Barrel. Ive talked to an Friend of mine who is in Calw ( KSK Home base) and he said to me that there is no G36 with 6.8mm. Also i was in Calw for an Demonstration and there also i didnt see (hear ect.) an 6.8mm one.

That G36 on your Pics is an "G36 K" not the "C". This is an " C Variant " pic

Note the Shorter Barrel. Ive talked to an Friend of mine who is in Calw ( KSK Home base) and he said to me that there is no G36 with 6.8mm. Also i was in Calw for an Demonstration and there also i didnt see (hear ect.) an 6.8mm one.

the 6.8 mm Version is currently in Testing @ Munster for the IDZ System. And yes the 6.8 mm Version is not delivered to the troops yet. According to my informations there currently is about 20 Systems of the Rifle handed out. Though the System is orginally intended for the KSK.

It was always my opinion that the german army shouldn't use the 5,56 × 45 because its useless.

It was always my opinion that the german army shouldn't use the 5,56 × 45 because its useless.
It's not useless, it fits the general purpose. The old G3 was simply to heavy and you had only 100 rounds in 5 20 round mags with you at maximum, 1 in the rifle and 4 in the plastic pouches on the webbing belt. for the general purpose you want somethign inbeetween a SMG and a Battle rifle and that's 5.56x45. When it was introduced nobody thought about infantry desert warfare with long ranges...usually shooting is not trained at ranges longer than 300m due to shooting range restrictions, and it also was not with G3.

But it is funyn to know that you would not be allowed to shoot game larger than a roe deer in germany with a G36 because the roudn is consider to weak for red deer or fallow deer and boars

Edited by Beagle

The Overall Issue currently with the 5.56 mm is that the face of a conflict has changed over time from large encounters with big opposing forces - to minor small units fighting in an urban terrain. Which makes it necessary to have a bullet that will completly put down your opponent with 1-2 hits. The smaller 5.56 mm sometimes did not bring the wishes result.

That G36 on your Pics is an "G36 K" not the "C".

The "K" (EN:Short/D:Kurz) Variant look's like a "A" Version (3-fach-Optik Reflexvisier) and smaller barrel etc.

The "C" (EN:Compact/D:Kompakt) Variant easy to Recognize on the "Picatinny-Schiene", that's dont have the "K" Version.

Look's here http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/HK_G36#Modellvarianten

Christian thats G36 KV

today you can attach the Rail Carry handle even to "old" G36

The Rail attached to the Regular G36 is the SL8 Railsystem (SL8 is the cvil version of the G36) the K Version has a slightly shorter Barrel then the Regular and comes either with the Scopehandle or Rail, the C Version is even shorter (almost the size of a SMG)

Here is the comparement of K and C

hpye7sg7aja6.jpg

The Rail attached to the Regular G36 is the SL8 Railsystem (SL8 is the cvil version of the G36) the K Version has a slightly shorter Barrel then the Regular and comes either with the Scopehandle or Rail, the C Version is even shorter (almost the size of a SMG)

I know that ,but KSK are mainly using G36 KV , not much C versions

and those new versions are G36 KV with new RAS (made by KAC probably)

btw there is newer K version atm , you can see it here http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2010/10/28/the-g36k-idz/

New stock etc

Edited by RobertHammer

The C versions are used in CQC Street Fights and when KSK is storming Houses because of the short Barrel and the higher power than the 9mm MP5

---------- Post added at 11:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:11 PM ----------

It's not useless, it fits the general purpose. The old G3 was simply to heavy and you had only 100 rounds in 5 20 round mags with you at maximum, 1 in the rifle and 4 in the plastic pouches on the webbing belt. for the general purpose you want somethign inbeetween a SMG and a Battle rifle and that's 5.56x45. When it was introduced nobody thought about infantry desert warfare with long ranges...usually shooting is not trained at ranges longer than 300m due to shooting range restrictions, and it also was not with G3.

But it is funyn to know that you would not be allowed to shoot game larger than a roe deer in germany with a G36 because the roudn is consider to weak for red deer or fallow deer and boars

I am a Hunter for myself and I know what you mean. My problem with the ammunition is that you can't shoot through a bush or a wooden board and have still the precision you have with the 7,62 × 51 mm