Sign in to follow this  
wolffy.au

Multi-Session Operations v4.1 released

If I wanted to award Lives for the Nomad script how would I go about that ?

For example I would like to award 1 life to all Players if an objective is completed.

Would also like it to award the life to any players who have been disconnected because of 0 life's since the mission start :)

I CAN'T ignore a full RPT .... its unnatur'l cap'n ! It be against the laws o' nature!

I CAN'T ignore a full RPT .... its unnatur'l cap'n ! It be against the laws o' nature!

This error caused by createUnit command on dedicated server :) I hope BIS fix it :)

Considering that there all a LOT of createUnit commands processed in my mission, over time, I'm not surprised then that they creep up. I'm all for 'tell me what they are' (so I can mitigate) or remove them from the RPT (so I don't know that they are there - UNLESS it hurts performance! :)

Damn It Scotty I need that clean RPT now --

Yo guys!

Updated Version of MSO 4.1 PO2 Module v0.082 RC:

Download

MSO is stock (4.1) and PO2 module pure (only task system)

Be sure to turn on PO2 Module in parameters!

- check in at BAF MHQ for specops

- added "Abort operation"-functionality at MHQ

- added suicide-bomber mission

- some tweaks for MSO

- fixed file-missing error for unit-joining and dismissing (thx for report)

updated devheaven ticket also!

enjoy!

PS:

I turned off WICT and PO2 by default so yu can select which system yu wanna have, to not overdose MSO!

Edited by highhead

If I wanted to award Lives for the Nomad script how would I go about that ?

For example I would like to award 1 life to all Players if an objective is completed.

Would also like it to award the life to any players who have been disconnected because of 0 life's since the mission start :)

The NOMAD system does work like that unfortunately. It calculates the maximum number of deaths over a period of time, that applies equally to everyone. You can change your own number of deaths AFAIK, so it means you can't do what you're trying to do with out seriously modifying NOMAD.

updated devheaven ticket also!

I'll update the GIT repo with this version in the next couple of days.

EDIT:

You can change your own number of deaths AFAIK, so it means you can't do what you're trying to do with out seriously modifying NOMAD.

Let me clarify that statement - in NOMAD, there is a variable in missionnamespace, that stores your total number of deaths. You could decrement that value to provide extra lives to players.

Edited by Wolffy.au

MSO Urban Ops (A2CO & ACE) - v4.20 Release Candidate

http://dev-heaven.net/attachments/download/16721/MSO_Missions_4-20RC.7z

All default core, ambience and support modules.

Enemy modules are:

• Terrorist Cells
  • Tupolov's Ambient IEDs
  • ZORA
  • OCB Patrol Ops2 (thanks Highhead)

The zip file contains all of MSO v4.20 for reference.

Please ensure all bugs relating to this download are logged at dev-heaven.net.

For the updated TCells, IEDs and ZORA - I can just copy/paste the folders into my 4.1 ?

For the updated TCells, IEDs and ZORA - I can just copy/paste the folders into my 4.1 ?

No. IED needs to be initialised in the various init.sqf, description.ext and modules.hpp files etc.

You may just want to copy everything over...

We have some bug fixes coming too for the RC, hoping Wolffy can post a newer version today/tomorrow.

---------- Post added at 04:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:25 PM ----------

Guys,

wrt PO2, Is there anything that needs to be added to a stock MSO sqm? If so, can we script it so that we don't have to update each and every sqm?

Just testing PO2 and i've no way of getting tasks allocated to me? I'm using the stock MSO Zarg mission from MSO 4.1 with the latest 4.2RC code.

Tup

Guys,

wrt PO2, Is there anything that needs to be added to a stock MSO sqm? If so, can we script it so that we don't have to update each and every sqm?

Just testing PO2 and i've no way of getting tasks allocated to me? I'm using the stock MSO Zarg mission from MSO 4.1 with the latest 4.2RC code.

Tup

Yo m8!

Everything needed for the taki-version is already scripted to not affact mission.sqm. It needs a MHQ ("M1130_HQ_unfolded_Base_EP1") for Task-assignment at MHQ and a "respawn_uk" marker for "return-point" (_rtp, where supplies are placed) and finding the nearest MHQ. This can be done better i know, and im on it (finding an object that is always at base in any mission is not that easy) - so maybe adding markers in mission.sqm is the better way.

try my takistan-version and check in at the nearest "M1130_HQ_unfolded_Base_EP1" (MHQ).

Be sure to turn PO2 "ON" in mission parameters!

guidance

PS: i'll check the Zargabad version out now, to check it

PPS: LOL, Zargabad can't work without Respawn_UK - i'll update a version which catches this. Should be ready after dinner ;)

Edited by highhead

HH,

You tha man, great job on this. So, if I script the placement of an M1130 near the ammo marker (which should be present in all sqms) then it should just work?

Also noticed some overlap between PO2 and MSO:

- Auto Detect ACE to add ACE weapons to weapons box (we had this in dev)

- Auto Detect ACRE to add radios to weapons box

- Mission adjustable Start Time

- Depolyable Mobile HQ

- Players can respawn at Base on Death

- Players can respawn at Deployed MHQ on Death

- Players can move to Deployed MHQ on JIP

- Players can field repair vehicles

- Players keep gear after respawn

- Players get notified of a new task

- Loadable Ammoboxes

- Ace weapon boxes

- Alternate Wounding System to ACE

- First Aid for all players

- Ability to apply First Aid to Self between certain thresholds

- Ambient IEDs

- AI recruitment

- Liftchoppers can lift vehicles

- Vehicles can be repaired and rearmed

- Added extra Logistics for Static Weapons, Defences and ammoboxes

Are we removing any redundancy here?

Tup

---------- Post added at 06:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:28 PM ----------

This is what I added to the PO2 init.sqf to place an M1130

// If no HQ then create one
if (isNil "HQ") then {
	private ["_radiomarkers"];
	_radiomarkers = ["ammo","ammo_1"];
	{
		private ["_pos","_newpos"];
		if !(str (markerPos _x) == "[0,0,0]") then {
			_pos = markerPos _x;
			_newpos = [_pos, 0, 20, 2, 0, 0, 0] call BIS_fnc_findSafePos;
			HQ = "M1130_HQ_unfolded_Base_EP1" createVehicle _newpos;
			diag_log format ["Creating Patrol Ops MHQ at %1", _newpos];
		};
	} foreach _radiomarkers;
};

This was placed above this bit...

if(isNil "HQ") then {
	//make Check-in Action on MHQ available for all players and add action locally (for JIP);
	HQ = nearestobject [getmarkerpos format["respawn_%1", playerSide],"M1130_HQ_unfolded_Base_EP1"];
};

HH,

You tha man, great job on this. So, if I script the placement of an M1130 near the ammo marker (which should be present in all sqms) then it should just work?

Also noticed some overlap between PO2 and MSO:

- Auto Detect ACE to add ACE weapons to weapons box (we had this in dev)

- Auto Detect ACRE to add radios to weapons box

- Mission adjustable Start Time

- Depolyable Mobile HQ

- Players can respawn at Base on Death

- Players can respawn at Deployed MHQ on Death

- Players can move to Deployed MHQ on JIP

- Players can field repair vehicles

- Players keep gear after respawn

- Players get notified of a new task

- Loadable Ammoboxes

- Ace weapon boxes

- Alternate Wounding System to ACE

- First Aid for all players

- Ability to apply First Aid to Self between certain thresholds

- Ambient IEDs

- AI recruitment

- Liftchoppers can lift vehicles

- Vehicles can be repaired and rearmed

- Added extra Logistics for Static Weapons, Defences and ammoboxes

Tup

---------- Post added at 06:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:28 PM ----------

This is what I added to the PO2 init.sqf to place an M1130

// If no HQ then create one
if (isNil "HQ") then {
	private ["_radiomarkers"];
	_radiomarkers = ["ammo","ammo_1"];
	{
		private ["_pos","_newpos"];
		if !(str (markerPos _x) == "[0,0,0]") then {
			_pos = markerPos _x;
			_newpos = [_pos, 0, 20, 2, 0, 0, 0] call BIS_fnc_findSafePos;
			HQ = "M1130_HQ_unfolded_Base_EP1" createVehicle _newpos;
			diag_log format ["Creating Patrol Ops MHQ at %1", _newpos];
		};
	} foreach _radiomarkers;
};

This was placed above this bit...

if(isNil "HQ") then {
	//make Check-in Action on MHQ available for all players and add action locally (for JIP);
	HQ = nearestobject [getmarkerpos format["respawn_%1", playerSide],"M1130_HQ_unfolded_Base_EP1"];
};

Yeah TUP!

LOLLLLLLLLL! Yu are much quicker than me can even post - me noob-coder!

Yeah that should fix it, exactly! Thanks m8! i was just uploading a fix like this but would have placed it on respawn_"playerside" but yours is much better then.

This would be my quickfix working for takistan and zargabad with stock code from yours (only takistan mission.sqm is from takistan MSO 4.1). PO2-Init just checks if there are MHQs near respawn_"playerside" and if none are found it creates one:

http://www.mediafire.com/?w1m1q2857uvgoo7 - zarga

http://www.mediafire.com/?7o963rws4e7ftc4 - taki

For the redundancies --> i was removing all PO2 stuff like the ranking/limited ammoboxes/liftchopperthing/recruiting/respawning/repairing etc. that didn't fit since it was in MSO already. So it is really the PO2 core itself, no respawning/revive/repairing/etc. functions are loaded from PO2 - i even deleted refernced functions and all unused files and checked RPT afterwards etc.. It is only the Task-Spawning thing (including the PO2 spawning functions). i tested it quite well, and didnt run into a PO2 feature only MSO. Only thing i can remember is that yu have 2 communication-actions on civis with PO2 on, since you can ask them for special task information - i didnt want to to touch any other MSO Civi module for integrity so i just left that in PO2.

I'm really thankful for the list tough - so i will go thru it esp. ACE stuff!

would be nice if you could send me your latest version or shall i get it from GIT?

enjoy

PS: i forgot to say that i was just waiting for this version to exclude PO2 IED stuff. it was only in before since there was none other IED stuff.

Edited by highhead

Highhead - I've made changes to your code, so some of this doesn't apply anymore. If you're up for it, we should really just get you GIT access on the MSO dev team, so you can help us out on a more "permanent" basis! ;)

It needs a MHQ ("M1130_HQ_unfolded_Base_EP1") for Task-assignment at MHQ and a "respawn_uk" marker for "return-point" (_rtp, where supplies are placed) and finding the nearest MHQ.

I have changed it to "respawn_"+playerSide, as it is more likely to find a respawn_west marker.

I also added a check if there is an existing object called "HQ", to just add the action to it (see code from Tupolov).

PPS: LOL, Zargabad can't work without Respawn_UK - i'll update a version which catches this. Should be ready after dinner ;)

See comment above - we really need you editing our GIT repo to stop this tooing and froing with updates, its becoming very painful.

---------- Post added at 21:28 ---------- Previous post was at 21:26 ----------

To prevent us have to MSO-ify all those features, my suggestion is disable them if they already exist in MSO. If an editor like them, they can re-enable them.

---------- Post added at 21:33 ---------- Previous post was at 21:28 ----------

Only thing i can remember is that yu have 2 communication-actions on civis with PO2 on, since you can ask them for special task information - i didnt want to to touch any other MSO Civi module for integrity so i just left that in PO2.

I'm really thankful for the list tough - so i will go thru it esp. ACE stuff!

would be nice if you could send me your latest version or shall i get it from GIT?

Yeah, we might need a check if Neilson's CIM is running and disable that if so.

I'll say it again Highhead - lets get you GIT access to you can update this stuff at the source of truth!

Highhead - I've made changes to your code, so some of this doesn't apply anymore. If you're up for it, we should really just get you GIT access on the MSO dev team, so you can help us out on a more "permanent" basis! ;)

I have changed it to "respawn_"+playerSide, as it is more likely to find a respawn_west marker.

I also added a check if there is an existing object called "HQ", to just add the action to it (see code from Tupolov).

See comment above - we really need you editing our GIT repo to stop this tooing and froing with updates, its becoming very painful.

---------- Post added at 21:28 ---------- Previous post was at 21:26 ----------

To prevent us have to MSO-ify all those features, my suggestion is disable them if they already exist in MSO. If an editor like them, they can re-enable them.

---------- Post added at 21:33 ---------- Previous post was at 21:28 ----------

Yeah, we might need a check if Neilson's CIM is running and disable that if so.

I'll say it again Highhead - lets get you GIT access to you can update this stuff at the source of truth!

i see your point, get me that access and i'll do my best

Hey Highhead!

First off, been loving your little take on MSO, but I THINK I might have found a bug in the whole thing in the last RC you released.

In the settings reduce Enemy intensity to Disabled, and enable Patrol Ops. Once you start the initilization stalls at spawning enemies (I think) and the map won't have enemies or Patrol Ops enabled, which is a shame.

Just thought i'd make you aware of it ^^

Keep up the great work guys! Looking forward to this in the final release.

Hey Highhead!

First off, been loving your little take on MSO, but I THINK I might have found a bug in the whole thing in the last RC you released.

In the settings reduce Enemy intensity to Disabled, and enable Patrol Ops. Once you start the initilization stalls at spawning enemies (I think) and the map won't have enemies or Patrol Ops enabled, which is a shame.

Just thought i'd make you aware of it ^^

Keep up the great work guys! Looking forward to this in the final release.

Thx for report - i have not yet tested this usecase but i will try tomorrow since i cant today. Anyone else can confirm this?

Ps: did the initialization complete at startup after patrolops (last line in sidechat at mission startup)?

And did yu try to sign in at mhq (is there an action menu item when near mhq?).

Edited by highhead

Actually I think I noticed that a couple of weeks ago and forgot to report. It's an issue with Enemypop - if it's set to 0 it doesn't init properly. Will file a ticket when my head stops pounding.

Hey guys,

Quick question. Is there anyway to stop animals (or civs) either spawning on, or entering a runway? I'm finding that they are causing runway chaos :)

Any help would be gratefully received.

Quick question. Is there anyway to stop animals (or civs) either spawning on, or entering a runway? I'm finding that they are causing runway chaos :)

Animal blacklisting got fixes a few versions back.

Create triggers named BIS_ARZ_0, BIS_ARZ_1, BIS_ARZ_2, etc

See here - http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Ambient_Animals

Can this be done?

Is there a way when using Ambient Sea Traffic to EXCLUDE some ships? Like Nimitz, LHD etc?

Can this be done?

The LHD has a mission parameter to disable it. Not sure what you mean by the Nimitz? The only other sea traffic are RHIBs and fishing boats.