Sign in to follow this  
carlos2912

Question About DLCs and MODS

Hello :) Im new in Arma II, i really try to buy it but the price do not help me , but now i can buy and play it (im from brazil).

So, firstly , hi :D. I would like to know if Bohemia launch any Extra Content for Arma II (pre order offer, official extra vehicles, weapons?) or just the DLCS: BAF, PMC, OA ?

and about the modifications? they always will be free? have any MOD i need to pay? And about ARMA 3? any confirmation about dlc?

Please, sorry for my bad english, im trying to be better!

I just ask that because i prefer do not play games like Battlefield 3 because "EA" put a lot of pre order offers in differents places and camouflages extra, weapons, etc. Just an exemple! Bohemia is like that?

So, firstly , hi :D. I would like to know if Bohemia launch any Extra Content for Arma II (pre order offer, official extra vehicles, weapons?) or just the DLCS: BAF, PMC, OA ?

and about the modifications? they always will be free? have any MOD i need to pay? And about ARMA 3? any confirmation about dlc?

1. Just the DLC's but if you don't buy them you get a "Lite" version of them so you can still play online

2. Mods\addons are free and are created by the community

I don't think there is any mods you have to pay for

And there is no confirmation about DLC's for ArmA 3 but mods\addons are 100% certain to happen

Note: Sometimes BIS add some missions\extra things in patches (Arma 2 got the AH-64 and a mini-campaign in a patch, BAF got more missions, ect)

1. Just the DLC's but if you don't buy them you get a "Lite" version of them so you can still play online

2. Mods\addons are free and are created by the community

I don't think there is any mods you have to pay for

And there is no confirmation about DLC's for ArmA 3 but mods\addons are 100% certain to happen

Note: Sometimes BIS add some missions\extra things in patches (Arma 2 got the AH-64 and a mini-campaign in a patch, BAF got more missions, ect)

But this patch i need to PAY? or if i have the COMPLETE EDITION (BAF, PMC, OA) steam download this patch for me? Have any OFFICIAL patch i need to Buy or Download? where i can download this content?

And, what is the principal site of modifications?

look that: http://www.arma2.com/index.php?Itemid=20&option=com_rokdownloads&view=folder〈=en

i need to download all these patches? if i buy in a site i will get any extra patch or something like that? or if i buy in steam i will get ALL the patches released until now? (Complete game)

Edited by carlos2912

But this patch i need to PAY? or if i have the COMPLETE EDITION (BAF, PMC, OA) steam download this patch for me?

And, what is the principal site of modifications?

Patches are free (but not all have free content like missions, ect) and if you're using Steam then it will be downloaded automatically

If your not using Steam then patches can be downloaded from here

Mods can be downloaded from http://armaholic.com/, just download the file (most are in a 7-Zip file archive, create a mod folder (right click, new folder and rename it to anything, inside it create a folder called Addons and inside that place the PBO file that is in the 7-Zip archive) in My Documents\ArmA 2 then go into the game, click on the expansions menu and select the mod folder. Then restart the game and the mods\addons will be loaded

If you have ArmA 2 + Operation Arrowhead then mods\addons for ArmA 2 will work in OA but some have been updated for use in OA

If you want to sample ArmA 2 before buying it then try ArmA 2 Free, it is a limited version of ArmA 2 (not OA) that has lower quality sounds\textures, doesn't allow mods\addons and does not have the ArmA 2 campaign

ArmA 2 Free does have a mission editor and multiplayer though and those are really the best parts of ArmA

If you have Steam the patches will be downloaded automatically, if you don't but you do have Operation Arrowhead download ARMA 2: Combined Operations / Operation Arrowhead / Reinforcements Patch 1.60 as that updates OA, the DLC's and if you have ArmA 2 installed that too

Edited by ArmAriffic

Patches are free (but not all have free content like missions, ect) and if you're using Steam then it will be downloaded automatically

If your not using Steam then patches can be downloaded from here

Mods can be downloaded from http://armaholic.com/, just download the file (most are in a 7-Zip file archive, create a mod folder (right click, new folder and rename it to anything, inside it create a folder called Addons and inside that place the PBO file that is in the 7-Zip archive) in My Documents\ArmA 2 then go into the game, click on the expansions menu and select the mod folder. Then restart the game and the mods\addons will be loaded

If you have ArmA 2 + Operation Arrowhead then mods\addons for ArmA 2 will work in OA but some have been updated for use in OA

If you want to sample ArmA 2 before buying it then try ArmA 2 Free, it is a limited version of ArmA 2 (not OA) that has lower quality sounds\textures, doesn't allow mods\addons and does not have the ArmA 2 campaign

So, if i buy it from steam, i will get the Apache, the extra mission, all the patches? have any patch steam dont download for me?

But, have more anything BIS launch? mission pack (for money) vehicle pack? nothing like that?

If i have my game updated from steam, the Arrowhead + ArmA 2 + BAF + PMC i can say i have the FULL game? all the others have the same official content i have? (not community, official)

So, if i buy it from steam, i will get the Apache, the extra mission, all the patches? have any patch steam dont download for me?

Yes you will. And yes, steam will download all the patched to the latest 1.60 for you automaticly.

But, have more anything BIS launch? mission pack (for money) vehicle pack? nothing like that?

I doubt there will be any more DLCs until ArmA3 in the Q3 2012 to be perfectly honest

If i have my game updated from steam, the Arrowhead + ArmA 2 + BAF + PMC i can say i have the FULL game? all the others have the same official content i have? (not community, official)

yes, that is all the official games and downloadable content released so far.

Why do you want to buy it from steam now istead of last weak if you are short of money?

Hello :) Im new in Arma II, i really try to buy it but the price do not help me , but now i can buy and play it (im from brazil).

Please, sorry for my bad english, im trying to be better!

I just ask that because i prefer do not play games like Battlefield 3 because "EA" put a lot of pre order offers in differents places and camouflages extra, weapons, etc. Just an exemple! Bohemia is like that?

Hi Carlos :)

While you are waiting to find a cheap source for ArmA2, you can play it for free from http://www.bistudio.com/english/games/arma-2-series/arma-free

You will get everything but the ability to use mods, so you can get used to the game. It's generally advised to play without mods for a while anyway, so you won't be wasting your time :)

I doubt there will be any more DLCs until ArmA3 in the Q3 2012 to be perfectly honest

But until now, BIS release any mission pack or vehicles (like the APACHE) for money? or for free?

And, THANKS ALL FOR THE ANSWER! I really like this forum! Thanks :)))

No, there are no mission packs, skins, mappacks or whatsoever for money.

Every content is either free or part of the two above mentioned DLC's :)

OK just to make this clear

Stuff you need to fully enjoy the game:

1. ARMA 2

2. Operation Arrowhead (its the Addon to ARMA2)

3. Patch 1.60

Optional:

DLC British Armed Forces (BAF)

DLC Private Military Contractor (PMC)

If you don't buy the DLC you still have the soldiers vehicels and maps but in a low quality.

If you buy the DLCs you get the high quality stuff + Missions and campaigns.

Have Fun!

Thanks Tonci, man, if i have the Patch 1.60 (last released until now) i will get all the Official Extra Missions and the helicopter Apache for free? i will get anything more official for free?

until the patch 1.60, BIS do not released any mission pack , weapon or faction yep?

Thanks Tonci, man, if i have the Patch 1.60 (last released until now) i will get all the Official Extra Missions and the helicopter Apache for free? i will get anything more official for free?

until the patch 1.60, BIS do not released any mission pack , weapon or faction yep?

you will get the apache and any missions released as free addons (the apache was released before 1.60, it was just an example of free content :) )

the only thing you will have to pay for is the british and PMC content. however you will get a low res version of soldiers and vehicles for free to allow you to play on servers which include these content pack

in the future, you may or may not get official content for free, this is all up to BIS to decide if we pay or not.

you will get the apache and any missions released as free addons (the apache was released before 1.60, it was just an example of free content :) )

the only thing you will have to pay for is the british and PMC content. however you will get a low res version of soldiers and vehicles for free to allow you to play on servers which include these content pack

in the future, you may or may not get official content for free, this is all up to BIS to decide if we pay or not.

But not weapons, vehicles, more probably DLCS , a new force.

BIS confirm more official content for download in the future for ARMA 2?

as i previously said, there is no announcement about a new DLC from BIS, and i doubt there will be another one anytime soon.

Yes, if you have this:

1. ARMA 2

2. Operation Arrowhead (its the Addon to ARMA2)

3. Patch 1.60

You get all Missions/Units/Maps from Arma 2, and Arma OA

you also get the Eagle Wing mini campaign and the Apache of course.

Additionally you get Low quality models of the BAF and PMC Units and the Maps.

By buying BAF and PMC you get the high quality units and the Missions from the DLCs.

It is unlikely that there will be more DLCs until Arma 3, so if you buy everything

(ARMA 2

Operation Arrowhead (its the Addon to ARMA2)

BAF

PMC)

you have all the official content.

You can find mods on www.armaholic.com or in the Addons and Mods section of this Forum

http://forums.bistudio.com/forumdisplay.php?f=91

Hey, the pre order offer for Take on Helicopters is the zombie dlc. When arma 2 was released BIS launch any pre order offer?

and, BIS released until now more content like the APACHE and the mission pack? or just this two contents avaliable by patch?

i would like to know if have any other content i can download for my game.

Take on is a different game.

But its made from BIS. Okay, so no more troubles about that. Arma 2 dont have pre orders offer.

I forgget to ask, who is the best CDKEY site to buy A2 Combined Ops + DLCS ?

and i think i forgget to ask too, i need to download ALL PATCHES? or if i download the last patch i will have all the others?

I saw something like a beta build, what is this? 1.7? 1.61?

Sorry for ask again, but please help, i need to indicate ARMA 2 for many friends but i need to now the perfect place. And about the patch.

Best place to buy: http://www.sprocketidea.com/joomla/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=sprocket.tpl&product_id=33&category_id=11&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=2

Don't buy it from a Key seller as chances are very high that those keys are illegal and you wont be able to play the game.

As for patch: http://www.arma2.com/index.php?Itemid=20&option=com_rokdownloads&view=folder〈=en

All info is there.

Seems like you keep asking the same things I will try and say it in a way that it cannot be understood otherwise

If you choose to but from steam, and you buy All of the packets including the DLC (BAF and PMC)

Then when you have installed them, everything you have asked for so far is THERE. And by that I mean patch 1.60, apache and so on.

BUT if you want extra things besides that, maps, new units, vehicles, boats, planes or whatever. There is a fully capable and very talented community who give there time for FREE just so we can enjoy the game even more.

So by that I mean, when you have bought the stuff from for example from steam IT DOESNT COST ANYMORE MONEY!

BIS dont have anything more than what you can buy! Rest is the community made addons and so on.

Hope this helped a bit and will make you "stop" asking for them damn maps and apaches ;) (Yes I said it in a funny tone :) )

As you are very concerned about prices Carlos, I would like to discourage you from buying the game/any game on Steam. When you read their license agreement carefully, you'll see that you won't ever own any of the games you pay for. And you'll agree that Steam is free e.g. to charge a fee for accessing your game library should they ever want to do that in future.

When it comes to downloading Arma2, Sprocket is definitely the better idea.

And buying it on discs is perfect.