Sign in to follow this  
carlos2912

Question About DLCs and MODS

As you are very concerned about prices Carlos, I would like to discourage you from buying the game/any game on Steam. When you read their license agreement carefully, you'll see that you won't ever own any of the games you pay for. And you'll agree that Steam is free e.g. to charge a fee for accessing your game library should they ever want to do that in future.

When it comes to downloading Arma2, Sprocket is definitely the better idea.

And buying it on discs is perfect.

I will buy in Sprocket, thanks!

And Kirby, your answer isnt necessery because i've been answered by some friends, but thanks you too. =D.

My really preucupation is about the patches, in Brazil, my friend tell me the problems with the patches in steam. My preucupation too is finish the Combined Operations and start the game and tell me: you need to download all the patches one by one.

Sprocket is like Steam/Origin? have any download manager then i can manage all my games?

Sprocket won't let you manage your games like the steam client.

Downloading, installing and activating is done by yourself. Afterwards you've got an installation like from a disc. And you can backup the installer and cd key for later.

How it works:

http://www.sprocketidea.com/joomla/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=19&Itemid=43

Overall patching ArmA2 without being a Steam customer should be more sound. You won't have to rely on steam to update Arma2 with some time delay after a patch release.

You'll just go here pick the latest patch file for your installation and run it.

(And by now it's always the latest patch you'll need, not all the previous ones together.)

Sprocket won't let you manage your games like the steam client.

Downloading, installing and activating is done by yourself. Afterwards you've got an installation like from a disc. And you can backup the installer and cd key for later.

How it works:

http://www.sprocketidea.com/joomla/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=19&Itemid=43

Overall patching ArmA2 without being a Steam customer should be more sound. You won't have to rely on steam to update Arma2 with some time delay after a patch release.

You'll just go here pick the latest patch file for your installation and run it.

(And by now it's always the latest patch you'll need, not all the previous ones together.)

Exemple: If i lost my game in disk, i can download the time i want the game from Sprocket? in differents computers, etc, but one account? or if i lost the archive i lost the game?

You're able to download more than once from your Sprocket account.

The two DLCs require an online activation after installation, which is also possible more than once.

I forgget to ask, who is the best CDKEY site to buy A2 Combined Ops + DLCS ?

Avoid KEY sellers. many of them sell STOLEN keys.

They buy keys from people who work in stores like Gamestop that sell their games open and employees copy them down

or people who buy the game, open it, copy the key then reseal it and then return it.

Edited by jblackrupert