Sign in to follow this  
AlexVestin

Passangers firing from vehicle.

Feature worth getting ingame for ArmA III ?  

132 members have voted

1. 1. Feature worth getting ingame for ArmA III ?

• Yes, I'd find it useful.
    • No, I don't care. At all.

My bad. So BIS have never made something like this, only BIA? No connections between them except for the game engines being alike?

note that i said individual.

afaik, today BIA is called BI Simulations instead of the company for the game segment called BI Studio.

What i am trying to say is that most ppl somehow confuse the fact that the two companies have the same founder and board with the actual developers working on the products and their scopes. In simpler words, if it was done in VBS2, doesn't mean it will happen in A3, even if the engine might be capable of it.

Speaking of which--a few years ago back on the original A2 we used attach-to and made it one of your keys to click to instantly stick. We got a modded Chinook which let you up the back ramp and into the aircraft... attached to then took off, hovered it over the Island and preceeded to shoot out the side doors....... with AT4's and RPG's. Worked pretty well. :D

Could someone elaborate on why someone would vote no for this feature? I can't even count the number of times in which I would of had great use out of this feature.

Pretty much the post above...

While not having this feature may not be a total dealbraker, game with such scale as arma could use it. It could bring a hell lot of fun for players too, so i voted, totally yes

Off course, would be most usefull on the small zodiac when trying to land.

Hi, back in the OFP times someone did a 5T truck where you could step on the back and walk by the cargo space, for take a passenger possition you was able to choose it and then get static where you'd chosen it, the thing was that that gave you a scripted virtual weapon with a number of bullets; it wasn't MP friendly because the desync that it had back in the day but was a hope that at least i keep since i bought the OFP on the 2001 and it's something neccessary on a grunts based game that pretends to be realistic; not being able to return fire from vehicles make 'em moving death traps with the only defense of the speed that dissapears as soon as you step out a good road as the off road speed is too slow for be used as defense.

Shoot from the cargo possition of the vehicles (cars, trucks, APCs and choppers) will give us a bigger and better chance of survive aside of allow us to do entry raids SASR & SRT style for example; the only problem that i see with this is how it will work with the AI, would they be aimbots on a moving vehicle...? would they have a certain High Dispersion degree to avoid to have overpowered death charriots...?, how will the AI behave with this?; there could be a certain problem. Let's C ya