Sign in to follow this  
AlexVestin

Passangers firing from vehicle.

Feature worth getting ingame for ArmA III ?  

132 members have voted

1. 1. Feature worth getting ingame for ArmA III ?

• Yes, I'd find it useful.
    • No, I don't care. At all.

It's probably been taken up before, but I can't find a thread about only it.

If there's no need for this thread at all and there's another one somewhere, delete this one.

Now it might've been a year or two since I first saw it, but it's still something that's been wanted to be put ingame.

Right now It's not ingame. I do not know why, but it seems like it is completely doable.

Here's a vid showing a little of it. At 3:10.

BIS could probably have a few different reasons to why some features are missing from the more

commercial line of the series, like server issues, scripting problems or just it not being needed.

Altough I think it's something worth working on till it's there ingame, fully functional.

Most games like these (wich there are a very few of), suffer from what seems to be simple restrictions like this.

This is one of the more useful features that could really make it in the game. Thoughts?

I voted: YES

It would be fun but to be honest I don't think it would really be useful at least in a moving vehicle. It might be used for supression but would be almost impossible to shoot accurately while on the move.

I voted: YES

It would be fun but to be honest I don't think it would really be useful at least in a moving vehicle. It might be used for supression but would be almost impossible to shoot accurately while on the move.

You can shoot pretty accurately in a moving tank or moving gunship, its just whether your trying to hit a person, or a group.

Tanks and gunships use stabilised weapon platforms these days. But who says you need to be firing accurately to justify being able to fire from vehicles, anyway? Being able to respond to incoming fire and being able to suppress a target is just as important.

Can I refer everyone to Generation Kill and the 1st Recon Battalion who do little else but fire from the windows of their vehicles. They do it reasonably accurately too. I vote yes.

I vopte yes too. I finally want to recreate that glorious beginning scene from Apocalypse Now. So please make sure to include that possibility for Helos too

Would be useful, top cover with personal weapons, or Marksmen from helicopters. I could easily find a hundred or so uses for it both from an addon point of view, and mission wise.

At any rate, already available in VBS, although something of a 'bodge' job than a perfect solution as I recall. Hopefully if it makes it to ArmA 3 it is a more refined, integrated version.

Yesterday we played a (usermade) GR1 mission that involved shooting from a moving helicopter - in a 2001 game that didn´t even support players riding vehicles!

I´m all for it!

I still wonder what kind of black magic Joint Operations used to give us non-laggy 150 player servers while allowing us to walk inside fast moving vehicles back in 2004.

Joint Ops...oldie but goodie

re: shooting from vehicles

1) this is a pointless poll because of course the overwhelming majority will say "yes"

2) it is further made pointless because its already on the developer wishlist according to the 'confirmed features' thread. :p

Joint Ops...oldie but goodie

re: shooting from vehicles

1) this is a pointless poll because of course the overwhelming majority will say "yes"

2) it is further made pointless because its already on the developer wishlist according to the 'confirmed features' thread. :p

what scub said above...pointless poll/thread

Where is this confirmed? I can't find anything about it being confirmed or worked on.

what scub said above...pointless poll/thread

as are about 99% of the threads in the ArmA 3 subforum - got to play along sometimes :rolleyes:

I voted yes. The most terrible thing in arma is see insurgent from car backseat when he shooting us and i know i can't do anithing. :-(

it is not being worked on, it is something looked into. The fact that you didn't see that particular post doesn't mean i or anyone else will be searching through the vast number of threads and post for it.

secondly, about this very thread: you cannot forsee the possible problems with its implementation. But then again, you choose only 2 option, yes and no. It is quite simple grasp what the results would be.

The simple fact that VBS2 has it doesn't mean A3 can or will. Bear in mind that VBS2 is LAN based, hence the information can be transferred faster between parties.

This is just another wish, that has been persistent since arma1 days. no mater how many threads/polls or CIT entries one would add. I am sure if BIS can get it in, they will. They are aware that these features is really wanted among the community

Edited by PuFu

I voted yes. The most terrible thing in arma is see insurgent from car backseat when he shooting us and i know i can't do anithing. :-(

This.

it is not being worked on, it is something looked into. The fact that you didn't see that particular post doesn't mean i or anyone else will be searching through the vast number of threads and post for it.

secondly, about this very thread: you cannot forsee the possible problems with its implementation. But then again, you choose only 2 option, yes and no. It is quite simple grasp what the results would be.

The simple fact that VBS2 has it doesn't mean A3 can or will. Bear in mind that VBS2 is LAN based, hence the information can be transferred faster between parties.

This is just another wish, that has been persistent since arma1 days. no mater how many threads/polls or CIT entries one would add. I am sure if BIS can get it in, they will. They are aware that these features is really wanted among the community

It's been a while since I played with my copy, but I seem to recall it also possesing a regular net based 'multiplayer'. Can't for the life of me remember if the shooting from vehicles worked across the net however.

better yet, a physics system like VBS2 that allows avatars to enter helicopters such as the ch-47 and not have to sit down for the flight. That would make rooftop extractions and insertion much easier.

I've never played VBS, so I wouldn't know how multiplayer works, but I do know people have tried something like this with Arma and ArmAII and complained about the scripts not working so great over internet. The poll is more of a "Do you feel like it's needed or not" thing. Ofcourse BIS already knows about it, but this wont hurt anything. BIS have made it work for VBS, and if there are problems with the function, it might be worth the time to fix and implement fully.

It's been a while since I played with my copy, but I seem to recall it also possesing a regular net based 'multiplayer'.

of course it has net-mp. But then again, VBS2 is hardly ever used that way.

Can't for the life of me remember if the shooting from vehicles worked across the net however.

it does.

The poll is more of a "Do you feel like it's needed or not" thing. Ofcourse BIS already knows about it, but this wont hurt anything. BIS have made it work for VBS, and if there are problems with the function, it might be worth the time to fix and implement fully.

the point i am trying to make is that everyone will say "YES, it is needed" to a question like "do you feel it's needed or not"....true, it won't hurt, but won't matter at all either.

BIS is not developing VBS, BIA is. They are 2 individual entities.

BIS is not developing VBS, BIA is. They are 2 individual entities.

My bad. So BIS have never made something like this, only BIA? No connections between them except for the game engines being alike?