Sign in to follow this  
gossamersolid

Project CDF

People's Republic of South Zagoria? Non-recognized state established by ChDKZ?

Sounds an interesting idea, give's the CDF a proper OPFOR. :)

Looking at BIS ChDKZ units I thought about one thing: if I'm not mistaken, most part of armored units, trucks and heavy weapons are captured former CDF ones. So it would be more correct IMO to make them in the same camo but with oversprayed signs and some smaller repaintings (general painting should be the same as CDF one).

Looking at BIS ChDKZ units I thought about one thing: if I'm not mistaken, most part of armored units, trucks and heavy weapons are captured former CDF ones. So it would be more correct IMO to make them in the same camo but with oversprayed signs and some smaller repaintings (general painting should be the same as CDF one).

That sounds like a good idea, but also as the republic is going to be recognised by Russia. Russia may have decided to give the new republic some military hardware to boost the association with it perhaps.

That sounds like a good idea, but also as the republic is going to be recognised by Russia. Russia may have decided to give the new republic some military hardware to boost the association with it perhaps.

Russia has definetly been supply them.

They've also acquired stuff via black market.

As well as captured CDF equipment too.

So, what about captured-from-CDF-style skins among with ChDKZ-by-BIS-style?

So, what about captured-from-CDF-style skins among with ChDKZ-by-BIS-style?

The Camo pattern is close to the CDF (and same in some cases due to the way I've re-skinned some of the units).

I'm not exactly sure what you mean, maybe you could show me a picture?

I think he means vehicles that have the CDF paint scheme, perhaps with spray painted red star and red line on it.

I think he means vehicles that have the CDF paint scheme, perhaps with spray painted red star and red line on it.

This. Basic paint scheme may be that of CDF, but with overpainted insignias and maybe some extra stripes for better recognition. All vanilla ChDKZ vehicles are plain green with painted sand camo stripes, and this looks like all of them were taken from some ex-Soviet army stock.

This. Basic paint scheme may be that of CDF, but with overpainted insignias and maybe some extra stripes for better recognition. All vanilla ChDKZ vehicles are plain green with painted sand camo stripes, and this looks like all of them were taken from some ex-Soviet army stock.

The PRSZ army I'm working on is more of a professional army compared to what the ChDKZ are, so they wouldn't have vehicles like that.

I could make a militia force for them though that could have something like that.

If you like T-62s, go ahead and check out the Iranian Forces Mod as well (I'm a part of the team there and it has the same model I'm using in PCDF)

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?97511-Iranian-Forces-Mod

Back to PCDF,

I'm also working on the PRSZ (People's Republic of South Zagoria). So far they pretty much have the standard in terms of vehicles (right now, I'm definetly going to add more as I add stuff to the CDF):

- BRDM2 Series

- BMP2 Series

- T-55

- T-62

- T-72

- L-39

- Mi-24 Series

- Mi-8 Series

Their infantry use Rellikki's beautiful troops -> http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=7133 (Thanks Rellikki)

I'll post some screenshots later, they will be included in the next release for a more complete opponent to the CDF compared to the standard Chedaki included in A2.

As you probably know I've coded the BRDM Improved units to have CDF units for all the models except for a few of the "rebel" versions. It would be sweet to have some different camo versions! In fact i've added an Independent faction so that there is both a CDF - BLUFOR and CDF - Independent faction for them. The idea being that in Takistan the UN units are actually CDF troops, on assignment, so at least now they have a little more than their white vehicles. Hopefully all that can help you out some :)

Your BRDM improved units will definetly be used sometime in the near future :)

The PRSZ army I'm working on is more of a professional army compared to what the ChDKZ are, so they wouldn't have vehicles like that.

I could make a militia force for them though that could have something like that.

...or 'some early days of fighting for the independence from Chernarus'-like units.

If you like T-62s, go ahead and check out the Iranian Forces Mod as well (I'm a part of the team there and it has the same model I'm using in PCDF)

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?97511-Iranian-Forces-Mod

Back to PCDF,

I'm also working on the PRSZ (People's Republic of South Zagoria). So far they pretty much have the standard in terms of vehicles (right now, I'm definetly going to add more as I add stuff to the CDF):

- BRDM2 Series

- BMP2 Series

- T-55

- T-62

- T-72

- L-39

- Mi-24 Series

- Mi-8 Series

Their infantry use Rellikki's beautiful troops -> http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=7133 (Thanks Rellikki)

I'll post some screenshots later, they will be included in the next release for a more complete opponent to the CDF compared to the standard Chedaki included in A2.

Sounds good, will also check out Iranian mod

...or 'some early days of fighting for the independence from Chernarus'-like units.

sure thing

For the T-62 when you add it to the CDF's Armor can you rename it to the T-62A

Also make the sounds compatible to the ACE Sound Mod cause I Love ACE ALOT!

Add:

Try Working on the T-64A :bounce3:

Try Woking on the re-skin of the BMP-1

Also Vilas's 2S3 Self-Propelled Artillery

Edited by TheOmegaX

For the T-62 when you add it to the CDF's Armor can you rename it to the T-62A

Also make the sounds compatible to the ACE Sound Mod cause I Love ACE ALOT!

Add:

Try Working on the T-64A :bounce3:

Try Woking on the re-skin of the BMP-1

Also Vilas's 2S3 Self-Propelled Artillery

The T-62 inherits it's sounds off of the T-55, so as long as whatever sound mod you have has T-55 sounds, it'll work.

I have MLODs from Vilas for the T-64, BMP-1 and 2S3, so I plan on adding them in.

Thanks! Your The man!

Will the T-64A inherit sounds from the T-72?

Wait, Doesent the T-64A Have an autoloader? If it does, you should add a custom autoloader sound.

Edited by TheOmegaX

Wait, Doesent the T-64A Have an autoloader?

Yes, one of variants from 6ETs autoloader series.

However it seems that Vilas T-64 models are not entirely correct, IMHO I would wait for RHS new mod release and eventually ask a permission to use (or there probably will be T-64 for CDF added anyway)... only my two cents.

Thanks! Your The man!

Will the T-64A inherit sounds from the T-72?

Wait, Doesent the T-64A Have an autoloader? If it does, you should add a custom autoloader sound.

Yeah the T-64 will inherit from the T-72 base class.

I'm not an expert on tanks or anything, what does an autoloader entail? Besides faster reload times of course.

However it seems that Vilas T-64 models are not entirely correct, IMHO I would wait for RHS new mod release and eventually ask a permission to use (or there probably will be T-64 for CDF added anyway)... only my two cents.

I'd rather not wait for another mod to be released to get one model, I think I'll stick with the one I have for now.

Just The reload noise Lol

---------- Post added at 16:06 ---------- Previous post was at 15:59 ----------

The reload is the same speed its not quicker or any thing BTW

Just The reload noise Lol

---------- Post added at 16:06 ---------- Previous post was at 15:59 ----------

The reload is the same speed its not quicker or any thing BTW

Oh, ok. Well I'll see what I can do, but I'm not making promises.

If you want I can give you the sound of the autoloader ill private message you the media fire link for it in a while

Personally i can't see what's wrong with Vilas models, without him most of the mods in Arma2 wouldn't exist.

@GossamerSolid if you want a T55 with ERA armour im working on one for my Nogovan Units. :)

Edited by R0adki11
typo

Personally i can't see what's wrong with Vilas models, without him most of the mods in Arma2 wouldn't exist.

Don't get me wrong, I do not have anything to Vilas, and I completely appreciate his great work. But it seems that his models are not completely correct with reality. For examples commander cupolas, and several other details (yet important ones for people that like when things are how they should be).