Sign in to follow this  
gossamersolid

Project CDF

The smdi maps you are using are balanced for the tone of the diffuse map, and as such, if you are using a darker hue, the smdi map will make it appear brighter.

If your going to Add the Su-24MF Fencer-D how are you going to cause it requires GDT Misslebox...

If your going to Add the Su-24MF Fencer-D how are you going to cause it requires GDT Misslebox...

The Su-24 I have doesn't use GLT Missilebox, mine comes from PRACS.

EDIT:

One last update for the night

2s1.jpg

Edited by GossamerSolid

Will the 2S1 Gvozdika have compatible sounds from the D-30 in my ACE Sound Mod?

Cause when i use project RACS's M109A3 Paladin the fire shot sounds like the sound of the M119 which Im looking for the sounds to be correct.

Will the 2S1 Gvozdika have compatible sounds from the D-30 in my ACE Sound Mod?

Cause when i use project RACS's M109A3 Paladin the fire shot sounds like the sound of the M119 which Im looking for the sounds to be correct.

The 2S1's gun inherits off of the D-30, so as long as your soundmod supports the D-30, should be good to go.

Ok cool

---------- Post added at 11:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:09 AM ----------

Make sure you include Artillery Computer for the 2S1 Gvozdika & 2S3 Akatsiya cause they are both Self Propelled Artillery Units...

Ok cool

---------- Post added at 11:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:09 AM ----------

Make sure you include Artillery Computer for the 2S1 Gvozdika & 2S3 Akatsiya cause they are both Self Propelled Artillery Units...

Yep, 2S1 works great with it right now, 2S3 isn't in yet so I'll worry about it when I get to it.

i'm looking forward to seeing the bmp-1, t-64a, t-64bv and hopefully the t-80b

bmp-1 - prsz

bmp-1p - cdf

t-64a - prsz

t-64bv - cdf

t-80u - prsz

t-80bv - cdf

Lets have you do the T-80B for the CDF and the T-80BV for the PRSZ but of course its you're mod so it's up to you.

t-64a - prsz

t-64bv - cdf

t-80u - prsz

t-80bv - cdf

Something is against a logic here.

If PRSZ have less advanced T-64A and CDF more advanced T-64BV, how the hell PRSZ have more advanced T-80U and CDF less advanced T-80BV?

Something is against a logic here.

If PRSZ have less advanced T-64A and CDF more advanced T-64BV, how the hell PRSZ have more advanced T-80U and CDF less advanced T-80BV?

Oh the T-80u is more advanced? I had no clue, I thought the BV was... my bad. In that case, swap them around.

Yeah it goes more or less that way. From less advanced at top to more advanced at bottom.

T-64,

T-64R,

T-64A,

T-64B,

T-64BV,

T-64BM2,

T-64BM Bulat,

T-64U.

T-72,

T-72A (export variants are T-72M and T-72M1),

T-72AV (Export variant with ERA is T-72M1V),

T-72B (T-72B1 is T-72B without gun launched ATGM capability and simplified FCS),

T-72BA,

T-72B2 vel T-72BM Rogatka (only prototype),

And many more variants.

T-80,

T-80B,

T-80BV,

T-80A,

T-80U,

T-80UD and many other variants.

And I could probably write about tanks whole day, or even whole month... this is like a river, on some good military forums discussion about AFV's can be really, really long.

And this is why I said earlier that You should wait for Red Hammer Studios mod release, Kenji made a briliant pack of T-64 and T-80 tanks, very detailed and contains all major variants. You can also ask them later and add some of their models in some later version of the mod. ;)

In case of T-72 tanks, T-72B for CDF and Chedaki were made by Dractryum if I remember correctly, and were also used in ACE2, as far as I know, their creator was woring in T-90A model for some time but seems that he is not posting anything new for a while.

May I also suggest one thing. T-80U was not manufactured in some huge quanities, and were sent mostly to more elite units of Soviet Armed Forces, thus is is rather unlikely that CDF would use T-80U also.

It is more possible that both sides would rather have T-80BV that was more widespread.

Edited by Damian90

I dont think you really dont need to add the T-80BV cause you already have the T-64BV which is kind of the same as the T-80BV

T-64BV: http://www.gdkits.com/images/0148547.jpg

T-80BV:http://www.armyrecognition.com/forum_pic/russia/T-80BV_main_battle_tank_Russia_Russian_army_001.jpg

Basically the T-80BV is the upgraded Version of the T-64BV

---------- Post added at 12:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:01 PM ----------

I dont think you really dont need to add the T-80BV cause you already have the T-64BV which is kind of the same as the T-80BV

T-64BV: http://www.gdkits.com/images/0148547.jpg

T-80BV:http://www.armyrecognition.com/forum_pic/russia/T-80BV_main_battle_tank_Russia_Russian_army_001.jpg

Basically the T-80BV is the upgraded Version of the T-64BV

---------- Post added at 12:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:01 PM ----------

I do think you should add the T-80B to the CDF side since its probaly the Mass produced variant because it has no Explosive Reactive Armor which is cheaper.

Edited by TheOmegaX

Sorry my friend, I think Your knowledge about Soviet tanks is extremely limited. I am educating myself to be military journalist (and writer also) so it looks differently.

The T-64 series were developed by KB-60M Design Bureau (currently known as Kharkiv Morozov Machine Building

Design Bureau) as a high quality tank for Soviet Forces. And it was so untill second half of 1980's.

The T-80 series was developed also as high quality (however a bit simpler in some aspects than T-64) tank, but was designed by a separate Design Bureau the Leningrad Kirov Plant, was manufactured there and in Omsk Transmash.

Both tanks have different hull, different engines, different tank commander cupola. But the same type of autoloader, the 6ETs-10 family.

T-64B and T-80B was a attempt to commonalize both. Both have very similiar turret, however still both are very different tanks, designed by different design bureaus, and are similiar only because that was how MBT's were designed back then in Soviet Union.

As for widespread of version, actually T-80B and T-80BV are the same tank, V only means that tank have added 4S20 Kontakt-1 ERA, same goes for T-64B and T-64BV.

In SOviet tanks designation nomenclature, V was added when tanks not designed from base to have ERA installed, were equipped with such additional protection, while tanks that were designed from start to have ERA, didn't have change in designation code, this is why T-72B with ERA is still T-72B, same goes for T-80A, T-80U, T-80UD (when their production started, these tanks were not fitted with ERA, be it Kontakt-1 or Kontakt-5).

So in simple way.

T-64 was first Soviet tank designed in such distinctive way.

Later was T-72, it's first prototype Object 172 was in fact T-64 with different engine, while Object 172M was definitive prototype of T-72.

And there was third tank, T-80, very different from previous two.

So in the end Soviet Union, was manufacturing 3, very similiar yet different tanks, designed by 3 separate and competing with each other Design Bureaus.

Ufff... ok it's time to end this history lesson.

Since you guys seem to be suggesting fully "accurate" content being added into this mod, I'll remind you guys that I'm pretty much adding in content that gets suggested, but as well as content I'd like to play around with. The whole reason I started this mod was for me to add extra units in that I'd like to see in.

I'm not aiming for "realism" of who would have what because if we are trying to compare Chernarus to a real world equiv, I'd basically be making a Georgian Army mod and I'm not interested in that as there is already a Georgian army mod out there.

That said, I always do take suggestions, but don't be disappointed if you don't see the exact content you expected to see.

I think Pathetic_Berserker‎'s new Mi-24A would be a good fit. I think all 3 factions would benefit from it but if nothing else I feel like the Chedaki and NAPA could each use their own attack helicopter. I don't believe he has a version from any of the Chernarus factions. Just an idea.

Pakistan Armed Forces Mod?

Hey is there a way you can change the name of the gun of the 2S3 Akatsiya cause you should rename the Gun of the vehicle to 152mm D-22/ L27

Edited by Foxhound
do not doublepost!

Pakistan Armed Forces Mod?

Hey is there a way you can change the name of the gun of the 2S3 Akatsiya cause you should rename the Gun of the vehicle to 152mm D-22/ L27

Does it matter what the name of the gun is ? GossamerSolid said this mod is not about realism, i see the CDF like the PRACS or like my own NAF mod, its partial realism with artistic choices, you dont have to use everything that is provided bu the author you can tailor your own force to your mission. And I'm not sure what the Pakistan Armed Forces had to do with the CDF.

Edited by R0adki11

I think Pathetic_Berserker‎'s new Mi-24A would be a good fit. I think all 3 factions would benefit from it but if nothing else I feel like the Chedaki and NAPA could each use their own attack helicopter. I don't believe he has a version from any of the Chernarus factions. Just an idea.

I sent him a PM, having a bit of a discussion first, might be possible, not too sure yet.

Pehaps you should add the Su-17M4 and Su-22M4...

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=14228

NVM this mod sucks LOL

TheOmegaX

Alright, that's it. I have observed you as you shoulder in and make suggestions like you think you're part of the mod, spamming this topic with your useless crap. Now, when you learn that you are not actually in charge of what happens here, you have the gaul to say this mod sucks.

+2 infractions for abusive behaviour

§1) No Flaming/Flame-baiting/bigotry

Abusive, racist, sexist, homophobic comments (or any other type of bigotry), personal attacks and name calling are not allowed either on the forum or through PM's. If you receive a PM that is abusive or you find offensive please forward it to a moderator who will investigate.

Flame-baiting is also not tolerated; flame-baiting is making a post to someone that is obviously intended to elicit an angry response. Mocking/teasing/ridiculing someone or the point someone wants to make is also flamebaiting. This also applies to other areas of the forums such as leaving visitor messages on people's profiles, messages posted in social groups, as well as quoting someone against their wishes in your signature to belittle/tease/mock them. If someone asks you to remove something they posted on the forum from your signature you must remove it. Common sense tells you that posting someone's PMs without permission is also flamebaiting and will be punished.

Edited by Max Power

I dont understand

Reason: Abusive/Insulting to other members

How does saying that a particular mod isn't good bad. you know everyone has there own opinions right.

And I dint say PCDF sucks, this Mod is outstanding its one of my Faverite mods in Arma 2 FYI.

Edited by TheOmegaX