Sign in to follow this  
gossamersolid

Project CDF

I have some stuff ready to go, just haven't fully tested it. So I'll try to get it out this weekend.

I could add some extra optional troops with some different loadouts if you want. I was thinking about contacting Vilas to use his eastern weapons pack for sure as he has some beautiful stuff in there.

I my self, Im a navy fan to tell the truth, tho probably in here it wont be useful (on Utas map yes) why not... Making a navy? I mean every country that contact with water has navy right? :D

Colours? damn I think White and Yellowish/Lime would be epic on a MI-8 Navy Version!

Of course if it is possible, by possible I mean are there any mods adding like Frigates and Cruisers?

I my self, Im a navy fan to tell the truth, tho probably in here it wont be useful (on Utas map yes) why not... Making a navy? I mean every country that contact with water has navy right? :D

Colours? damn I think White and Yellowish/Lime would be epic on a MI-8 Navy Version!

Of course if it is possible, by possible I mean are there any mods adding like Frigates and Cruisers?

I think somebody had some CDF Navy stuff posted in the WIP thread on these forums.

I'm not a big fan of the navy or naval combat really, so I'm not very compelled to add stuff there :)

I have some stuff ready to go, just haven't fully tested it. So I'll try to get it out this weekend.

I could add some extra optional troops with some different loadouts if you want. I was thinking about contacting Vilas to use his eastern weapons pack for sure as he has some beautiful stuff in there.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I am less interested in new loadouts as much as newer or different troop models. I think some more modern looking cdf troops, such as reskinned ACR soldiers would fit better with 2011 western gear.

I would personally rather there not be a dependency on vilas's weapons packs because that makes the units hard to use with ACE, which I primarily play with, since the two aren't really compatible. since OA, there is quite a bit of russian weaponry just in the stock game.

Well still it will be horribly wrong making CDF powerful (by look) and giving them very modern things, dont make CDF soldiers look like US ones... eeh that would kill the atmosphere...

I would personally rather there not be a dependency on vilas's weapons packs because that makes the units hard to use with ACE, which I primarily play with, since the two aren't really compatible. since OA, there is quite a bit of russian weaponry just in the stock game.

Would be optional troops on the side, I wouldn't force it in.

Hmm it wont be possible to use it in Normal ArmA 2?

I mean a version for ArmA 2 vanilla.

Well I meant optional troops as in the ones that use Vilas weapons... there are already vanilla CDF in the game. Only difference with these ones would be the weapons lol

Well I meant optional troops as in the ones that use Vilas weapons... there are already vanilla CDF in the game. Only difference with these ones would be the weapons lol

I meant the whole mod (I guess not) because that what I had in mind when setting up a Domination server with this mod but due my lack of co-ordination even on forums I did not read its for Combined Operations, because I wanted to do something like... 3 years after the civil war, Russia Invades Chernarus but CDF is a bit more advanced now.

And that what this mod has, even for weapons it would make it look way better and so on.

Edited by Norton

The whole mod is meant for arma 2 vanilla. I'm not designing it with any mod in mind besides compatibility with sound mods (class inheritance).

The whole mod is meant for arma 2 vanilla. I'm not designing it with any mod in mind besides compatibility with sound mods (class inheritance).

Well you wrote that

Requirements
ArmA Combined Operations

So im kind of confused now?

Oh I thought you were saying against an ACE version.

It requires combined operations because like half of the content is from OA and I can't rip it out of OA for compatibility with Vanilla.

Sorry bro, go support BIS and get OA as well :p

Requirements
ArmA Combined Operations

it surprises that some people still don't have OA.

@GossamerSolid any plans for desert troops?

it surprises that some people still don't have OA.

@GossamerSolid any plans for desert troops?

Okay sorry for going offtopic a bit Combined Operations is simply Operation Arrowhead? (thats the standalone one but still requires arma 2? and I guess there is Chernarus map right?)

As well is BM-21 Grad in plans maybe?

P.S. Fishing Boat in Navy Design maybe? (all tho indeed you said no to navy just saying :P)

Okay sorry for going offtopic a bit Combined Operations is simply Operation Arrowhead? (thats the standalone one but still requires arma 2?

Combined Operations is Arma2 and Operation Arrowhead installed together, you install Arma2 then install OA and this is then merged together. Which is then known as Combined Operations.

Combined Operations is Arma2 and Operation Arrowhead installed together, you install Arma2 then install OA and this is then merged together. Which is then known as Combined Operations.

ah okay thank you.

Topic: Just a small suggestion on fire arms (just a suggestion so...) :

Dragunov SVDK - Way better version of Dragnov SVD

Stoner 63 - Light Machine Gun?

G3?

FN FAL xD

P226

just few, maybe tomorrow I will get more ideas!

Edited by Norton

I know they would be optional, not replacements. My point being that in the editor, it is very simple to change weapons and gear, but what is not simple and a lot of people including me don't know how to do is reskin or model new optional troops. What I think would be cooler and a better fit for an expanded cdf, sort of like project racs, would be different soldier models, which could be reskins of other units, such as reskinning the UN guard with beret into a paratrooper or the ACR units into cdf camo for 2011 modern units. I really don't have much of an idea how difficult it is to reskin infantry though so if thats something you aren't interested in, that makes since.

with regards to the weapons, perhaps what you could do is make a vanilla and an ace version. ace has versions of most of the weapons in vilas's pack included at this point so you could easily just include an ace config and vanilla config in the download.

ah okay thank you.

Topic: Just a small suggestion on fire arms (just a suggestion so...) :

FN FAL xD

I was thinking the FAL would be a good weapon for the CDF - especially since it's in OA. :cool:

I was thinking the FAL would be a good weapon for the CDF - especially since it's in OA. :cool:

And I have actually said before it would be nice to see CDF wondering about with FN FAL's, iron sights, scopes etc :D

Or with better version of FN FAL which is FN FNC,

Edited by Norton

Any chance of a reskin of vilas BMP1 (if he gave permission)?

Any chance of a reskin of vilas BMP1 (if he gave permission)?

I sent him a PM earlier today asking for some units, the BMP1 was on the list :)

Just awaiting a reply.

Version 1.02 Released!

pcdfupdate2.jpg

Changelog

Changelog

---------

Version 1.02

------------

+ Added LAV-25

+ Added T-34

+ Added M113

+ Added Land Rovers

Version 1.01

------------

+ Added M1A1

+ Added L-39ZA

+ Added Mi-24V

+ Added Mi-24P

+ Added 2011 Troops (Western Equipped)

+ Restructured PBOs

+ Signed addons (v2 signatures)

Version 1.00

------------

+ Initial Release

All of these units this update were kindly provided by Lennard. Thanks a lot bud!

Download

The Game Wardens - http://thegamewardens.net/index.php?action=downloads;sa=downfile&id=50

Notes

I had to replace the BIKey because I accidentally deleted the private key for the last one, sorry about that!