ArmA 3 is an early, buggy alpha lacking the immense content and stability of ArmA 2: CO, as well as lacking proper ACRE, any ACE, and more.

:)

Actually I am finding very little bugs with Arma 3. For an Alpha it is in great shape. Obviously it is lacking content but even the little content is great. Obviously be nice to have ACRE and ACE but on its own it is looking extremely promising.

yes for the sci fi content that is killing hardcore fans of a military simulator...

Thanks for this mod, great work!

I am curious if I have something wrong in my installation or configuration -- I can fire the AT-13 (i.e. Metis) from a standing position without the tripod and it's perfectly accurate. I think in real life the tripod is needed, I don't think it can be shoulder fired. Or am I wrong?

Reload times are fantastic, especially grenade launchers (e.g., M203, MGL) Is that a gameplay/fun enhancing decision or again do I have something wrong?

Not looking to challenge you guys, just want to understand. Thanks!

Hey. I know this is probably, by now, really old stuff, though i'd like to ask this here, because if i don't, then i'm afraid i might get to see my laptop fly through my window soon.. So yeah.

I've downloaded the ACEX v1.13.0.353 and it's not working. It's not allowing to to start my Arma 2 AO. It gives me a message saying something about "Include file x\ace\addons\mainscript(\ or .)macros.hpp.fix"

I fixed that though, by putting -mod=@CBA;@ACE behind it. Though now i'm getting another one, saying "include file x\cba\addons\ui_helper\script_dikCodes.hpp"

Please help? :S

EDIT: I downloaded the ACEX v1.13.0.353 once more, and the files that it tells me that i don't have, are missing in the Download aswell.

Solved: I'm such an Idiot. I fixed it by merging the Addon and Store files in the @ACEX with the @ACE's Addons and store.

Edited by Nikita
Solved

imho you don't have idea how to set mods properly.and you have downloaded things by armaholic,but imho you don't have the right package.

1)i suggest you to downaload and use play with six,it's very good for easy downloading and playing with mods

2)you have the stable version so the complete package of ACE is @ACE,@ACEX@ACEX_RU,@ACEX_USNavy@ACEX_SM,@CBA,@CBA_A2,@CBA_OA

with your command line -mod=@CBA;@ACE you are only launching 2 folders it's obvious game return you errror since he searches for file you didn't launch

so to fully appreciate ace and his features/units/weapons be sure to add all the required folders to you -mod=ecc ecc line.

As a common rule in the Armaverse:Never merge content of different folders into one especially if you are not used to the way arma manage those things

No need to do the Command lines. Mostly i just put my @modfolders inside the Arma 2 directory, and then i enable them from In-Game. I'm having no problems with the mods at all really. The only one i had was with the ACEX, and i fixed that ^^

Though, thanks for telling ^^

No need to do the Command lines. Mostly i just put my @modfolders inside the Arma 2 directory, and then i enable them from In-Game. I'm having no problems with the mods at all really. The only one i had was with the ACEX, and i fixed that ^^

Though, thanks for telling ^^

i think you are looking for trouble managing things the way you are. You might find that you can load and play with mods the way you are doing it but you won't notice odd things that aren't working properly in game when you start mixing and matching versions improperly.

Sure, i see odd things sometimes, but i can't really do anything about it. I tried using the Play with Six thing, but i couldn't make any of the things i tried to install work with that. Started working when i just put in my modfolders and enabled them from in-game

EDIT: Though, would it make it better if i took all the mods that i use, and make a long command line, featuring them all?

Edited by Nikita

Sure, i see odd things sometimes, but i can't really do anything about it. I tried using the Play with Six thing, but i couldn't make any of the things i tried to install work with that. Started working when i just put in my modfolders and enabled them from in-game

EDIT: Though, would it make it better if i took all the mods that i use, and make a long command line, featuring them all?

I don't know about Play With Six but I use Six Updater and just use it to install mods and any other necessary stuff like keys. From there you can create your own shortcuts just like you are now.

@Nikita; the default mod path is My Documents\ARMA 2, I suspect that's perhaps why you didn't get it to work? either change the path in PwS settings, or move mods around as you please.

My default is C:\Program Files (x86)\ArmA 2. I made it work, though i do think that i should sort it all out with Six updater or what it is called soon.

I don't know about Play With Six but I use Six Updater and just use it to install mods and any other necessary stuff like keys. From there you can create your own shortcuts just like you are now.

You can let SU create the shortcuts also for you ;) Coming next days also to PwS.

Hi, I checked the ACE 2 documentation site, but I can't find any information on how the fixed wing aircraft weapons operate, like the LGBs and the Mavericks on the A10. I can't tab to select targets and none of the keys seem to bring up anything to do with targetting. Can anyone help?

So, with the GBU selected, red dots on the RADAR are valid laser targets that it will automatically aim for?

And I don't understand the Maverick, isn't it a TV guided missile? There's no way to set a target in game though.

Rocko PLEASE push an update this Friday! :)

Hi,

I played a user made SP mision in the forests of Chernarus. Not sure if it was with ACE. Anyway, the enemy AI I'm sure has spotted me through bushes and fir trees. So forest fights seem pretty useless to me.

But in a well known german Youtube channel, the user (Odium) said AI cannot look through bushes in ACE. I doubt it because bushes and their leaves behave like air in Arma.

So can AI look through bushes and tree leaves or not?

Thanks!

Why are you posting this in the ACE thread?

AI can't look through bushes and tree leaves.

However, Chernarus tree trunks are glitched and won't hide you (although most are too skinny anyways). There are also some inaccuracies in the geometry of upper canopy leaves, so if you're standing on the side of a steep hill or hiding from choppers the AI will spot you too easily sometimes.

Takistan trees are better in this respect.

Thanks for the clarification!

Why are you posting this in the ACE thread?

I'm posting here because the question is ACE specific and because Foxhound is right:

Why not ask in the ACE thread?
Edited by tortuosit

When there is a bush, but noone to see it, does the bush exist?

When there is an update but noone releases it, does the update exist?

yes for the sci fi content that is killing hardcore fans of a military simulator...

I never really got this complaint a lot of people are saying, can you point out specifically what you mean by sci-fi content?

military hardware that will be never in use or mass produced.

Arma was a sim where you can reenact modern weapons and vehicles,simulate real world operations ecc. with ACE mod it became the non plus ultra of infantry simulation.Now it's just a game,not different from crysis or that genre of sci fi stuffs.

Mx rifles?railgun tank? no AK & M series? no thx i stick toA2 and his realism.