Sign in to follow this  
Alwarren

FHQ WIP Thread (contains lots of images)

Seriously, though, the assault rifles are almost done, for the sniper rifles I have only the high-poly versions done. The MSR easily shoots 1200 M, BTW.

On the other hand, the sniper rifles are probably more relevant since they can fill a real gap... I'll think about it.

The Holo sight is done like the one from BIS, i.e. it's a modelled reticle with the same rvmat as BIS'. I don't think know whether it is possible to have a different reticle at night - if it is, I might add that.

Thanks for the reply. I didn't mean a different reticule at night, just one that doesn't look like a two year-old drew it. I think it's just something that's been missed on other addons and not something that was intentional by the addon maker. Sounds like you've already addressed the issue if it's like the BIS models at night.

And if it matters, sniper rifles, especially suppressed/NV capable rifles first would be great. But either way, we'll all benefit.

How about when you releasing the assault rifle pack,

you can include some of sniper rifles as beta.

After that, release Sniper rifle pack as completed version?

I cannot agree more about releasing the sniper rifles first, we desperately need a good rifle that utilizes both a good night vision optic and a suppressor, I mean, why bring a sniper rifle for a night operation when you cannot be sneaky :)

Please take your time, but I am very excited to see what you end up with!

How about when you releasing the assault rifle pack,

you can include some of sniper rifles as beta.

After that, release Sniper rifle pack as completed version?

We'll see. The assault rifles are pretty far advanced, I basically need the attachments and that's it.

@GD Mast

Not currently. The focus in this pack was weapons produced and/or manufactured by Remington. What I'll do afterwards, to be honest, I don't know, it also depends on how well these rifles are received. I was thinking about sticking with themes, like a "Compact Weapons Pack" with compact version of rifles like the G36C, HK 416 C, Remington's R4-E and C, Beretta ARX, or another manufacturer... Or machine guns. Or AK's... really, no idea yet.

@startrekmike

I hope mission authors will be somewhat responsible. A TWS'ed silenced sniper rifle shooting Lapua Magnum ammo is a pretty deadly combination, and might very well throw off the balance. I'll probably provide several ammo boxes with different "quality" just to make sure people don't overdo it. Yet, I agree, it would be nice to have the option(s).

I like the "Themed" mod idea, stick with that. The Remington themed pack sounds great. Don't know if you know but Remington owns Bushmaster but lets them do their own stuff. Remington purchased the rights to the ACR (Masada) from Magpul and let Bushmaster build the ACR too. Do a comparison of Bushmaster's ACR and Remington's ACR and you can see some differences. I like Bushmaster's ACR better but that's just me. Thanks for your answer.

I like the "Themed" mod idea, stick with that. The Remington themed pack sounds great. Don't know if you know but Remington owns Bushmaster but lets them do their own stuff. Remington purchased the rights to the ACR (Masada) from Magpul and let Bushmaster build the ACR too. Do a comparison of Bushmaster's ACR and Remington's ACR and you can see some differences. I like Bushmaster's ACR better but that's just me. Thanks for your answer.

IIRC, Remington builds the ACR for military/defense applications, while Bushmaster produces the civilian version. There had been some changes recently to the ACR, most notably the removal of the folding stock in favor of a fixed stock to make the weapon lighter. I think Bushmaster usually sells the single-rail variant that has a round bottom handguard, I suppose that is what you like better :)

Good work :) About hipoly to lowpoly with saving uv: http://www.ewocprojects.be/polyredux.html

Nice, that one is actually giving quite good results :) I usually go for retopo with snap-to-surface enabled.

And thank you Leoptam for the Blender export plugin, without that, this project wouldn't exist :)

I think is important to have the different ammo boxes cause like you said we may very well overdo it and in MP you´ll get a guy from a 1K sniping (cool right wen you are the guy with TWS and suppressor) but not nice wen you are the lamb :) .

I like the idea of K115, but thats your choice, though I still voting for MSR or RSASS or any other of the Remington family.

I think Bushmaster usually sells the single-rail variant that has a round bottom handguard, I suppose that is what you like better

Hehe... your pretty darn close. I really like the "enhanced version" ACR by Bushmaster. Been debating if I want to trade in my Colt M4 16" for a Bushmaster ACR. :)

Hehe... your pretty darn close. I really like the "enhanced version" ACR by Bushmaster. Been debating if I want to trade in my Colt M4 16" for a Bushmaster ACR. :)

Hm are there actually differences between the Enhanced ACR and the Remington? They both have the same handguard as far as I can see, only the barrel is slightly longer, in line with the 16" requirement for civilian rifles...?

Alwarren, I think you answered this question a while ago, I don't remember what your answer was and I can't seem to find a post in this topic about it, but. ACE Compatability (Weights and such)?

Alwarren, I think you answered this question a while ago, I don't remember what your answer was and I can't seem to find a post in this topic about it, but. ACE Compatability (Weights and such)?

I think you'll need a dedicated ACE config for ACE compatibility (because of different magazine types, extra grenade launcher stuff, etc). I'll look into that once I have it all wrapped up. I'd love to support ACE, but it will depend on me being able to do it, otherwise I'll need to rely on third parties to do the job :)

Hm are there actually differences between the Enhanced ACR and the Remington? They both have the same handguard as far as I can see, only the barrel is slightly longer, in line with the 16" requirement for civilian rifles...?

Hard to say since they're the same company. I've noticed that Remington's ACR webpage has been updated because the handguards had no rails (last time I checked). Now, they have new rails on both sides and bottom. That's an improvement. Plus they do look very similar.

Hard to say since they're the same company. I've noticed that Remington's ACR webpage has been updated because the handguards had no rails (last time I checked). Now, they have new rails on both sides and bottom. That's an improvement. Plus they do look very similar.

Yea, remington seem to have switched over to their own style of handguard, between all the large holes you can see small ones for mounting picatinny rails on the guard. the only differance i can see is the new handguard which is apparently made of magnesium titanium alloy rather than polymer.

You can see the polymer original Masada/Bushmaster in the middle in tan, the Remington skeleington rail on the lower ACR and the 'enhanced' rail on the black ACR and below the tan one

IMG_4565.jpg

Aside from the issue of the trigger sticking and emptying a mag there's been a few reports of the gas systems being rather fragile and breaking which is a bit of a shame if its true, i love the modularity and simple design of the ACR :(

edit: example of the skeletal system:

acrguard.jpg

Edited by Scarecrow398

It seems that Remington offers both the conventional tri-rail and the five-sided modular rail system. It looks like Remington's five-sided design has gone through two iterations, perhaps the newer version is made from the same magnesium alloy as the new lower receiver? Bushmaster has also shown a five-sided modular system but it has some differences from the Remington version.

Besides for the magnesium alloy lower receiver, the version of the ACR that Remington submitted for ICC trails featured:

-M16 style grip and trigger guard

-An adjustable, non-folding stock

-Folding charging handle

-Quick change barrel system replaced by a more conventional barrel nut

-Other minor changes

Didn't have much time recently, and that damn Steam summer sale didn't exactly help :D I've started working on it again recently.

Didn't have much time recently, and that damn Steam summer sale didn't exactly help :D I've started working on it again recently.

Hehe, tell me about it...

So made nay lee way with the summer sale or decided during it where you're thinking of heading with this pack of Assault rifles or Snipers first?

Yea, this is a really bad excuse for a update and attempting to avoid the infraction :D

Unfortunately, I didn't really have much time lately to work on the weapons. I still plan to continue, but I'm afraid it's going slow at this point.

I´m still hoping for sniper first but is up to Alwarren; I don´t know you guys but I´m seen in all ARMA3 pictures a lot of Remington ACR with or without minor variations, is just me or anyone else see it

Edited by DartShinigami

I´m still hoping for sniper first but is up to Alwarren; I don´t know you guys but I´m seen in all ARMA3 pictures a lot of Remington ACR with or without minor variations, is just me or anyone else see it

The MX 6.8? looks like a cross of a ACR and a Rob arms XCR to me.