Sign in to follow this  
MJR. Gastovski

What do you want in ofp resistance?

I want the new island and the new netcode

Edit: And the improved collision detection

i want kegetys in game so i can blow his ass!

j/k

i want more jets and aircraft carriers but i want chopper for West

and Kegetys dont argue my West thing you Damm Anti-West addons w33t0

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (STS_SolidSnake @ June 05 2002,21:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">you Damm Anti-West addons w33t0<span id='postcolor'>

Umm.. o..k...

We need more Russian units... BTR for starters wink.gif

I voted for artillery (mobile), I dont see why this wasen't added to OFP in the first place.

Maybe M109A6 'Paladin' for the West. 2S19 (152mm) or BM-21 Grad MRS (Ural with rockets) for East.

Other things I would like are:

BTR-80 w/ 14.5mm KPVT MG

BRDM-2 w/14.5mm KPVT MG

Yak-41 Freestyle

UAZ w/ MG

HMMWV w/ mounted M2 or M60

Want:

It NEEDS artillery as far as I'm concerned.

Wildlife would add realism, and more importantly atmosphere.

BIG War ships: Why shouldnt you use all three elements when you have the possibility?

Swearing would be good if soldiers would communicate while in action. But in cutscenes... can live without that.

Dont want:

Sidearms wouldnt be worth the effort developing. If the game would be a little more "intimite" perhaps.

Planes or Jets: NO! Already fed up with the ones excisting.

Nuclear missiles: Get serious.

Dual weapons: GET SERIOUS!!!!! (GAAAAAHHHHH!!!!! )

Single shot weapons: Who cares?

I'll make a Placebo ending to wrap it all up: smile.gif

i voted for wildlife cos it'd be cool if you could detect enemy as they disturb a flock of birds.

However the list doesn't exactly include all the stuff i'd like.

Side arms, thos are already going to be in resistance if you look at the beta net code. under the difficutcy it will have it listed in there. i voted for wilderness. adds a bit of realsim and gives you something to do if your board

Me wants to start a tomahawk attack from a cruiser on a distant city.

That will make them respect my Authorytehhh!!!

erm......yea

Would also be nice to land a chopper on the back of a ship to pick up some black ops and fly them towards their mission objective in pitch dark. (flying with night gogles is nice)

Especially if you have to keep formation.

Or be the board gunner in a chopper as all this goes down.

hmmmmm....

i am dreaming again. Would make for a great mission though.

lol Dual weapons, hmm bit of a laugh but for me its gotta be artillary

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Aculaud @ June 06 2002,01:35)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">bigger, more expansive urban environments<span id='postcolor'>

Ok. What do u want. Something like this:

eabathel.jpg

tounge.gif

Yeah, it´s too late for this kind of topic confused.gif

But artillery would be really realistic and would require a lot of teamwork in MP.

Just imagine sitting in your bunker as the fist of God descends upon your position in the form of huge shells! tounge.gif

But it would be irritating when some newbie in MP has to learn how to aim the hard way (Friendly fire, anyone?). sad.gif

Well, it´s too late now.

I voted for wildlife, because it would be great for the atmosphere. I`d also like to see children or women between the civilians.

"Hey mommy, look there`s a tiger!!"

*mompf*

"KYAAAAAAAAArgh..."

Screw civ's all they do is get in the way. Especially if I want to call in my 105mm Howitzer and there is men running around like fairys lying on the pavements. (if you kill too many civs your AI side will shoot you)

And wildlife is a load of polygons and CPU power that could be used somewhere else.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Gollum1 @ June 06 2002,09:33)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Yeah, it´s too late for this kind of topic confused.gif

But artillery would be really realistic and would require a lot of teamwork in MP.

Just imagine sitting in your bunker as the fist of God descends upon your position in the form of huge shells! tounge.gif

But it would be irritating when some newbie in MP has to learn how to aim the hard way (Friendly fire, anyone?). sad.gif

Well, it´s too late now.<span id='postcolor'>

That would be fun to see as the enemy having half the attacking force wiped out by one artilery pice. It might be to late to add artilery but there might be patches to add new units smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (LordZach @ June 05 2002,23:44)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">dual weapons & nukes? mad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

How about "Dual Nukes" biggrin.gif

Guest Scooby

How about realism?...

I mean in every aspect. First improving smaller, easier to fix issues, then moving to bigger, harder to fix issues.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Scooby @ June 06 2002,14:35)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">How about realism?...

I mean in every aspect. First improving smaller, easier to fix issues, then moving to bigger, harder to fix issues.<span id='postcolor'>

How about realistic flames then? wink.gif

sure would add to the atmosphere having a fire that looks like a fire, not just alot of grey smoke.

oooh and tanks that burn for a while after being blown up

tounge.gif

I agree. The cloudlets still look OK, but the explosions really need some work. Nearly every other game recently has had more realistic looking flames in explosions. Anything would beat the expanding cloud of orangey stuff we have right now. smile.gif

The Resistance trailer prominently featured several explosions that look the same as the current ones, so I doubt we will see any changes in resistance. The game is probably only a few days away from Gold Master anyway, since the CD pressing, packaging and shipping and all that will take some time before the release date.

Does anyone know, or can BIS tell me, if all the patches will be included on the OFP Resistance disk. Meaning, when i get OFP:R, I'm going to completely reinstall my OFP, OFP Red Hammer, and then OFP Resistance. Will I have to install the patch up to 1.46 between Red Hammer and Resistance or do I just install Resistance and I will be all set?

-=Die Alive=-