Sign in to follow this  
alien23

email from Sprocket have to download again?????

I have recieved an email from Sprocket game telling me to re-download as there was a problem with the first download.

1.Is this for real? 15 gig gone wrong., How many people can download 30 gig a week?

2. My download went where I put it and when I tried to download again, it said no files available(or something to that effect).

I've not seen any other comment on these forums, so is it a scam? I can't be the only onbe upset by this news.

Perhaps re-read the email.

It's speaking about an issue if you downloaded to an alternate location, in this case you should redownload the sprocket.exe to workaround an issue.

Did you read the email?

No, there is no need to redownload the whole game, just the downloader.

Just there was an issue in the downloader yesterday where resumed downloads were not properly resumed in user selected directory.

This is now fixed but for anyone using different download location it is important to update the downloader (300 Kb or so). Details below.

Dear customer, Yesterday you will have received a preload email for Take On Helicopters. Unfortunately, there has been an error in the Sprocket.exe downloader. When you start the download to custom location, the files are being downloaded, but as soon as you exit the downloader and then run it again, it starts downloading the files into Your documents/Sprocket/ instead of your custom download location it has been using before. The solution follows: Download new the sprocket.exe from: http://www.sprocketidea.com/joomla/downloaders/preparedown.php?downloader=buy&again=true&soft_ID=SPROCKET2TAKEONHENG01〈=1 Run it and select a folder into which you have downloaded the files before. The downloader will check files for consistency and resume the download. The last file of the game installation will be released today at 15:30 CEST. We humbly apologize for the inconvenience. Kind regards, SprocketIDEA

Yes sorry I should have read it properly. However I am now gettog Sonar virus alerts from Norton. Plus when I disable Norton I get PRODUCT FILES NOT FOUND.

Any ideas?

Did you read the email?

No, there is no need to redownload the whole game, just the downloader.

Just there was an issue in the downloader yesterday where resumed downloads were not properly resumed in user selected directory.

This is now fixed but for anyone using different download location it is important to update the downloader (300 Kb or so). Details below.

i have the problem where sprocket.exe will only see my desktop and my documents and no other drives. i have only 1.8gb on c drive but tons of space on my other drive. new download does not change this.

Yes sorry I should have read it properly. However I am now gettog Sonar virus alerts from Norton. Plus when I disable Norton I get PRODUCT FILES NOT FOUND.

Any ideas?

Product files not found because the setup.exe hasnt been released yet.

The last file will be released at 15.30 CEST Timezone

EDIT: My 500th Post :D

Edited by konyo
My 500th Post :D

WOW and I thaught I was a retard. :P

You just proved it by saying that...

Play nice...

LOL and your much better than I am by your comment.

Really .. I was pointing out that I thaught I was retarded by some of the crap I posted in the past few days ... this op's post makes me feel better. Really.

Another solution is to pop the files you downloaded into Sprocket's folder. That's what I did as I didn't see the email!

Yeah thats what I did also before I got the email.

Appears all is good and everyone is happy now.

i have the problem where sprocket.exe will only see my desktop and my documents and no other drives. i have only 1.8gb on c drive but tons of space on my other drive. new download does not change this.

That´s because the downloader is reading the tempfolder which is reading the C drive space. That´s why I always assign 100 GB of HD Space for my C drive and the create partitions to leave windows and windows related tools only on C drive.

You need to reassign a new location for your temporary folder. By default Windows is using the temp folder located on the C drive. So if there is no more enough space, you´ve got to your problem.

So enter the environment variables over the controll panel and reassign a new path for the temp folder. If you´re not familar with this goolge for "environment variables temp folder path" or somethings like this. If you dont find anythings like this, contact me via pm. From that point I´ll release this post I´ll gonna be home in roundabout 2 hrs. So then I could directly help you.

EDIT: what an OS are you running?

Edited by MemphisBelle