Sign in to follow this  
DAP

ARMA 2 - Realistic Paradrop

UPDATE

REALISTIC PARADROP SCRIPT

Version: 1.51

Changelog:

• Fixed: Unit can die during paradrop in multiplayer.

GENERAL MP NOTE: Option "From Cargo to Jump Position" works ONLY in SP.

Full instructions included in archive.

Edited by DAP

nice, thx a lot. was looking for something like that for a while... (3 years ;-))

is it possible to activate a steerable parachute somhow? (for human players of course)

that would be very useful.

@Dap, are you going to include more cargo-walkable planes or choopers on a fly?

@Dap, are you going to include more cargo-walkable planes or choopers on a fly?

Now I search planes and helicopters for this. Main targets: Mi-26, CH53E, CH53D, H53E. And no planes yet.

DAP, Is it possible to open the gear during parachute fall? Here, the screen opens, but auto close after. =(

Another,

Is it possibel to change the parachute to ACE_ParachutePack?

I'm using in the init.sqf:

[c130,br1,1] execVM "DAPONBOARD\Scripts\Onboard\LOADGROUP.sqf";

The script salt is:

[c130] execVM "DAPONBOARD\Scripts\Onboard\PlaneRamp.sqf";

sleep 5;

c130 setVariable ["DAP_GreenLight_GetOutAI",1,true];

My Mission is for a multiplayer-dedi server.

Edit: Other idea, deactivate default parachute item from DAP-RP. I use my own script.

Edited by D3lta

DAP, Is it possible to open the gear during parachute fall? Here, the screen opens, but auto close after. =(

This is engine issue. For now impossible use gear with vehicle when it moving.

Another,

Is it possibel to change the parachute to ACE_ParachutePack?

Actually it already support ACE.

This "1" mean that for all units in group will be automatically added ACE Parachute pack. And after landing you can pack it back.

I'm using in the init.sqf:

The script salt is:

[c130] execVM "DAPONBOARD\Scripts\Onboard\PlaneRamp.sqf";

sleep 5;

c130 setVariable ["DAP_GreenLight_GetOutAI",1,true];

My Mission is for a multiplayer-dedi server.

Edit: Other idea, deactivate default parachute item from DAP-RP. I use my own script.

One recommendation: will be better if in multiplayer you will load units in plane separatly. Than you can be sure, that if player join AFTER mission start, then he will loaded in plane properly. Better way - init.sqf. In my demo mission you can find this algoritm(Init.sqf and Scripts\Respawn.sqf). When player join, then he will loaded in plane and able to use all features of this script. For playable units better use same algoritm. Just "hide" (this hideObject true; this enableSimulation false; this allowDamage false and etc.) them at mission start, and when player join into this unit just "unlock" him and load in plane.

About free fall. I think about option. My free fall or BIS Halo.

One recommendation: will be better if in multiplayer you will load units in plane separatly. Than you can be sure, that if player join AFTER mission start, then he will loaded in plane properly. Better way - init.sqf. In my demo mission you can find this algoritm(Init.sqf and Scripts\Respawn.sqf). When player join, then he will loaded in plane and able to use all features of this script. For playable units better use same algoritm. Just "hide" (this hideObject true; this enableSimulation false; this allowDamage false and etc.) them at mission start, and when player join into this unit just "unlock" him and load in plane.

About free fall. I think about option. My free fall or BIS Halo.

Thanks DAP, I was loading the unit using initialization unit. I'll go to init.sqf way.

Best regards.

Now I search planes and helicopters for this. Main targets: Mi-26, CH53E, CH53D, H53E. And no planes yet.

Add CH-46/47, MV-22, EH-101 to your list (if standing inside is not possible, then force them crouching)

Add CH-46/47, MV-22, EH-101 to your list (if standing inside is not possible, then force them crouching)

In current state impossible to add EH-101 and MV-22, because of script's structure.

Hi. I think its a perfect script. And I like your other scripts too. But I found two things I would suggest you.

1. Is it possible to keep the head's angel between running and fall?

2. Have you checked the Inv44 planes? I think it would be great with a C-47 and AI, of course if it's possible.

Hi. I think its a perfect script. And I like your other scripts too. But I found two things I would suggest you.

1. Is it possible to keep the head's angel between running and fall?

2. Have you checked the Inv44 planes? I think it would be great with a C-47 and AI, of course if it's possible.

1. Not exactly understand what you mean. Head's angle? :)

2. This script works properly only for planes with ramps. As I remember, C-47 has no ramp.

Anyway...

UPDATE

Version: 1.52

Changelog:

• Added: Option for steerable parachute from BIS (all info in readme)
  • Added: Different HALO animations during free fall

Edited by DAP

very useful script, thank you :)

Do you think you could do a version for this addon http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=9512 or really any walkable transport helicopter? Instead of a HALO jump it would just let go of the script, so you can walk on and walk off without popping off the end, which can cause issues, especially if you're extracting from a building , say.

edit: oops should of read the previous posts, but I hope I added something.

"Option for steerable parachute from BIS (all info in readme)"

BIG thank you! :yay:

Thanks for the reply.

Ah...Sorry, I thought it will be hard to figure out how i'm thinking, but I hoped. It's my fault.

1. I mean when you are on the plane, and running, and you keep looking down, and then the halo script works and i will look automatically ahead, and not down how i was. I know its a little thing and not a bug, but i felt that strange...and I think it makes visual experience more realistic. But no matter if it can't be "fixed".

2. I mean to "recreate" as an other script (takeout ramp) or somthing, just walk to the door, turn, and jump. But I think the model would not let AI/Player to walk through the door. I hope i'm not right.

And thanks for the update. Respect!

Edited by BRicsi01

Hey DAP,

Once again great script as I PM you before I wanted to add it to the MCC project.

I'm having trouble with the attachTo in MP dedicated server.

It's glitches all over the place and the units are jumping in the plane. I read about it and apperantly attach to act that way in MP.

I just wanted to ask if some others experiance the same issue?

1. I mean when you are on the plane, and running, and you keep looking down, and then the halo script works and i will look automatically ahead, and not down how i was. I know its a little thing and not a bug, but i felt that strange...and I think it makes visual experience more realistic. But no matter if it can't be "fixed".

This is animation issue. I use siwtchMove command. And this command cause this "head redirect".

2. I mean to "recreate" as an other script (takeout ramp) or somthing, just walk to the door, turn, and jump. But I think the model would not let AI/Player to walk through the door. I hope i'm not right.

Actully this is not main problem. Main problem is AI moving to jup position. Because now it just "moving" in one direction ("from nose to tail"). If jump position will be placed in other direction, then AI need to change direction too. But this is not so simple.

Hey DAP,

Once again great script as I PM you before I wanted to add it to the MCC project.

I'm having trouble with the attachTo in MP dedicated server.

It's glitches all over the place and the units are jumping in the plane. I read about it and apperantly attach to act that way in MP.

I just wanted to ask if some others experiance the same issue?

Are you using latest beta? Maybe server overloaded with scripts? In latest version (1.52) all scripts works locally. So for you, as player, all must work fine. Also one recommendation: use this script only for planes, with players in cargo. For panes with AI only in cargo it just wasting of CPU resources. Don't forget - this script uses a lot of CPU resources.

UPDATE

Version: 1.55

Changelog:

• Fixed: Animation jerking, when player jumps out from plane
  • Improved: Free fall control

Hi DAP,

I got a question: I'd like to get a mixed group (human leader, some human players and the rest AI subordinates - all are in one group) on a plane. In your example mission you've disabled AI because your're using

"[PLANE,player,_cargopos] execVM "DAPONBOARD\Scripts\Onboard\ONBOARD.sqf";"

in your init. I'd like to enable AI to have human players and AI simultaneously loaded on the plane. Is it possible to make your script ask if player is human or not and then to use the ONBOARDAI script (for soldiers defined playable but are not used by humans) automatically?

I'm sorry if I missed something you may already have mentioned or explained - I'm a total script noob...

Hi DAP,

I got a question: I'd like to get a mixed group (human leader, some human players and the rest AI subordinates - all are in one group) on a plane. In your example mission you've disabled AI because your're using

"[PLANE,player,_cargopos] execVM "DAPONBOARD\Scripts\Onboard\ONBOARD.sqf";"

in your init. I'd like to enable AI to have human players and AI simultaneously loaded on the plane. Is it possible to make your script ask if player is human or not and then to use the ONBOARDAI script (for soldiers defined playable but are not used by humans) automatically?

I'm sorry if I missed something you may already have mentioned or explained - I'm a total script noob...

Here is only one way: add special check in ONBOARDAI.sqf. Something like:

if (isPlayer _unit) then 
{
sleep 5;
[_plane,_unit,_pos] execVM "DAPONBOARD\Scripts\Onboard\ONBOARD.sqf";
_specialinterruptor =1;
};

And something same for ONBOARD.sqf. Maybe it will work. I'll try do something :) But not expect that it will work properly. Because this is multiplayer, and it can cause many locality issues.

Awesome script, thanks for making and sharing DAP!

Would love to see support also for MV-22 for ops from the LHD hangarship.

/KC

Awesome script, thanks for making and sharing DAP!

Would love to see support also for MV-22 for ops from the LHD hangarship.

/KC

Unfortunately this script looks weird on MV-22 (because MV-22 is too low). So I try to find another planes and helicopters for update.

don t understand ?

where is the mistake ?

i try to set altitude and ...

error.jpg

euhh :confused: please ...;)