Sign in to follow this  
kocrachon

ToH + A2?

Hello, I have been searching the forums but haven't really seen the answer I was expecting.

I have seen some videos on Youtube of people implementing ToH and ArmA 2 together. How do I achieve this?

Also, if i get into the AH-6 using the combo, am I able to use the realism of ToH while also using the firing system? And Can I play this way with people who dont own ToH?

Perhaps you misunderstood those videos. Before the beta there was a community preview released to arma2oa owners. It had the light chopper with new flight model on takistan map. While these games share a lot in the engine department, they are still two different products. I doubt one could connect to the other. Atleast not without some serious modding. Also you can shoot in TOH. there are weapons and the final release is going to include some kind of a military setting in south asia. Also I think arma3 is going to include the flight physics.

Take On same way like Arma will allow runing user made content/addons. Arma addons, such as maps, weapons and other vehicles, can be used. This feature will be available in full version after 27.10.

Hold the horses! So after full release, you can basically combine the two games in editor :eek:

*fingers hover...*

Take On same way like Arma will allow runing user made content/addons. Arma addons, such as maps, weapons and other vehicles, can be used. This feature will be available in full version after 27.10.

So question. Since I own a copy of ArmA 2, OA, PMC, and BAF, does this mean I basicaly can just copy and past all of the addon .pbos from them, put them in an add-on folder in ToH, and basically have all content from ArmA 2 into ToH?

If so, that will be the most awesome thing in the world...

Also will the opposite be true? Can we use Take On content like the Seattle map in Arma?

Being that I live in Seattle, I would love to make a mission base on Seattle. My only issue is the buildings really are not on par with ArmA 2 when you get into the urban areas.

Wot?! Great piece of info this! Banana time! :yay:

Wait...

Whoah...

Can we get some clarification here? So Arma 2 "Addons" and mods will work with TOH out of the box? If I am reading this correctly we could theoretically load... Operation Arrowhead... Straight into TOH?

Im not holding my breath yet but if this is actually true then...well... damn... im speechless.

Just to clarify: do not expect to be able to instantly merge previous games and TKOH upon release. What was meant: add-ons for A2 / OA are very similar, so making them compatible should not be hard for people who are familiar with the engine. Some add-ons may work straight away even. Different add-ons may work, but do not support the new features. Other add-ons will not work because technologies have changed, have been added, or are requiring new data and / or configuration.

Just to clarify: do not expect to be able to instantly merge previous games and TKOH upon release. What was meant: add-ons for A2 / OA are very similar, so making them compatible should not be hard for people who are familiar with the engine. Some add-ons may work straight away even. Different add-ons may work, but do not support the new features. Other add-ons will not work because technologies have changed, have been added, or are requiring new data and / or configuration.

I didn't expect anything else. Thanks for clarification though!

I figured as much but thank you for the clarification! Even having said this I am still excited to hear this.

On the downside you people are driving me NUTS! I Cannot wait any longer. TOH is going to devour my life. I have actually cancelled my battlefield 3 pre order because... between arma 2 and TOH I have no need for them anymore. =P

I may still get BF3 but... BI has definitely shown me the light.

I personally wouldn't mind the lack of ground fidelity using the Seattle map in ArmA2 or ArmA3, minus the traffic. It's a good spot for a Red Dawn type of scenario. Even if experiencing the scenery as infantry is a little too rough to bear, playing as a helicopter or fighter pilot is certainly feasible.