Q6700

ATI 4890 1GB

I aint expecting much from this old dog :(

I have

Win7 64bit

Q6700

ATI 4890 1GB

Don't worry little dude, the 4890 is a beast of a GPU - I completed ArmA II SP in 2009 & played in MP for a year with it on High settings & 3 km VD. You should expect Medium spec in ArmA III with no AA.

At least on Altis, view distance will be the deciding factor, since there are a lot of villages/buildings there.

Yeah VD is CPU dependent so I normally run that at 2500m

I may even consider overclocking me Q6700 any ways :)

AMD Phenom II X4 955BE@3,6Ghz

Overclocked GTX560Ti

12GBs of RAM

Will install on an SSD

Hmmm, I wonder how it's gonna work:confused:

I have

Win7 64bit

Q6700

ATI 4890 1GB

Dunno, that cpu gets pretty close to the phenomII in the recommended system and easily beats the minimum. Gpu is also well over minimum.

as much as I love BIS there system specs have never been very accurate though LOL :P

Dunno, that cpu gets pretty close to the phenomII in the recommended system and easily beats the minimum. Gpu is also well over minimum.

as much as I love BIS there system specs have never been very accurate though LOL :P

Yeah, I was pretty amazed to see that my ~3 year old system (barely) meets the recommended specs. I expect to be able to play at medium-low settings @1920x1080.

I have low expectations settings just to protect myself from dissapointment.

I have low expectations settings just to protect myself from dissapointment.

Well if yours wont run it (whice it should rather well the 2500k are a nice chip) then I am stuffed.

Iroquois Pliskin :

What is you'r setting for ArmA 2 ? My PC cry when action is here.

(Sorry for my english i'm french :3)

Iroquois Pliskin :

What is you'r setting for ArmA 2 ? My PC cry when action is here.

(Sorry for my english i'm french :3)

I'll update this post in 10 min with settings and my config, which is a laptop.

Settings:

1) Texture detail - High/Video Mem - Default, AF - High, ATOC - All trees & Grass, Terrain & Object detail - Normal, Shadows - High, HDR Quality - Normal, Post-Proc Effects - Low.

2) PPAA - Disabled, AA - Disabled & V-Sync - Disabled.

Playing @ 1366x768 the Op Arrowhead Benchmark 08 gives an avg 25 FPS, while in MP I get about 25-32. I'll have to test the performance while Fraps'ing.

Asus S46C w/ Intel i5-3317U (Yes, that's an Ultra-Low Voltage CPU), 4 GB RAM, Nvidia GT 635M, Win 8.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Intel-Core-i5-3317U-Notebook-Processor.74464.0.html

http://www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-GeForce-GT-635M.66964.0.html

Needed an ultrabook with a dedicated GPU & an optical drive - so there it is. :p

Edited by Iroquois Pliskin

im running ArmA II OA with an AMD FX 8120 (8-core/4-modules) and a Sapphire HD 7970 stock with 8GB of 1600Mhz RAM. I do notice a lag for a few seconds before it picks back up. I noticed that my CPU seems to chug from time to time with the game but who knows. Hopefully, the alpha will be coded right to support multicore CPUs especially the AMD side. My CPU has a lot of Muscle to work with.

Yes, it's a big black point of ArmA II. Quad Core processor is not use be game.

It's very bad for a new pc who is "not powerfull", its is very very very bad who this PC have a bad GPU.

im running ArmA II OA with an AMD FX 8120 (8-core/4-modules) and a Sapphire HD 7970 stock with 8GB of 1600Mhz RAM. I do notice a lag for a few seconds before it picks back up. I noticed that my CPU seems to chug from time to time with the game but who knows. Hopefully, the alpha will be coded right to support multicore CPUs especially the AMD side. My CPU has a lot of Muscle to work with.

Could be your mechanical HDD caching, if you have one.

Could be your mechanical HDD caching, if you have one.

Well, I am in the process of migrating the install to my new SSD I added today. Hopefully that will fix it. Lots of people claim AMD is crap but they have not given me any problems so far and I have had AMD since socket 939.

So based off of the Alpha Specs they have would a ATI Radeon HD 6770 run this game?

Not on its own, but if you build a sufficiently equipped PC around that card, sure. ;)

EDIT:

Jokes aside, I will be testing the alpha on two systems and posting info on performance and optimal settings. The first system is the one in my sig, the second one is somewhat less powerful:

- AMD Phenom II X4 960T

- NVidia GTX 550 Ti

- 4GB DDR3 1333MHz RAM

- 32bit Windows 7

If you don't want to risk buying the game before you know how it will run, wait for Tuesday evening. :D

Edited by MadDogX

Ha ha i have a M5a97 motherboard FX4170 Quad core 4.2GHz processor 1tb hdd 8gb DDR3 ram and ATI Radeon 6770 graphics card win7 ultimate 64bit

Ha ha i have a M5a97 motherboard FX4170 Quad core 4.2GHz processor 1tb hdd 8gb DDR3 ram and ATI Radeon 6770 graphics card win7 ultimate 64bit

It will definitely run the game, but it's hard to say how well at this point. The recommended specs posted by BI seem very... optimistic. :)

I think, if Bohemia put this recommanded setting, I think that Bohemia in planned of better optimized their Game so that he turns on quite machines, little in as the big licenses, as Battlefield to quote only he.

It will definitely run the game, but it's hard to say how well at this point. The recommended specs posted by BI seem very... optimistic. :)

Crawling in sub-20FPS in arma 2 wasteland with my specs I don't have high hopes for anyone with an AMD processor. Unless they play singleplayer or super light max. 10 player missions.

OS Windows Vista SP2

Windows 7 SP1

PROCESSOR Intel Core i5-2300

AMD Phenom II X4 940

GRAPHICS Nvidia GeForce GTX 560

AMD Radeon HD 7750

GPU MEMORY 1 GB

DirectX® 11

RAM 4 GB

HARD DRIVE 25 GB free space

HARD DRIVE (ALPHA) 20 GB free space

AUDIO DirectX® compatible soundcard

OTHER Internet connection and free Steam account to activate

I laught of new recommanded config.

It's dead for me i think....

I hate my GT540M

Windows 8 better work :D

Any idea if i will be able to play with anything higher than Low visual settings?