Sign in to follow this  
Hobostryke

ArmA 3 System Requirements

As a fellow diehard AMD user i have to say that AMD is not good for gaming rigs. Intel managed to "win" and AMD cant compete anymore. Their next gen desktop chipsets where indefinitely postponed and Intel now has a monopoly on high end desktops. And for Intel the extra features for the i7 does nothing for gaming compared to the i5.

For the best price/performence go for an intel i5.

As an indifferent Intel/AMD user, I'd have to say that the performance in stuff outside of games still makes stuff like the FX 8350 a valid option. It performs quite closely to an i5, and it's around 40 dollars cheaper than a 3570K. Before my current rig I used an 8 core AMD Opteron processor, and it was incredibly fast for rendering and Photoshop.

Seems that Geforce GTX "Titan" which should be 85% as strong as the GTX 690 will occur this March...

Maybe it could run Arma 3 on higher/highest settings though.

Don`t mention its cost... Only 900 $

Two of those would easily surpass 690 i think. We dont know how SLI will work for ArmA III and since many out here have problems with SLI in A2 - 690 isn't good choice since you cant turn off one GPU to get it stable. That Titan seems that it's more than enought to play A3 on almost ultra - since we can't max ArmA games fully. I've read that 4GB of vRAM would be beneficial to ArmA games.

Anyway i'll wait till A3 release and then think about equip myself with new rig. :)

As an indifferent Intel/AMD user, I'd have to say that the performance in stuff outside of games still makes stuff like the FX 8350 a valid option. It performs quite closely to an i5, and it's around 40 dollars cheaper than a 3570K. Before my current rig I used an 8 core AMD Opteron processor, and it was incredibly fast for rendering and Photoshop.
The difference is 30$ at worst, and the i5-3350P is $20 cheaper. If you live within driving distance of a Microcenter store, you can get an i5-3470 for just $150 right now. Again, you would have to spend extra on a better cooler (than the Hyper 212 Evo or Xigmatek Gaia) for the FX-8350 if you wanted to overclock it, erasing the savings. The only FX CPU AMD has that is worth it in terms of lower power draw and value is the FX-6300, and that has stiff competition from the i3-3220.

And Titan is single GPU.

Had a single core(crap) pc 2.2 ghz or so for ArmA1 crappy fps, updated to a dual core 2.4 somthing ghz for upgrade for ArmA1 (fps still not what i wanted), still fought the fps. Upgraded dual core to current AMD Phenom IIx$ 955 processor @3.20 ghz for ArmA2 upgrade have always had AMD so not sure what to go buy as far the new tech for intels etc. I thought my cpu was crappin out on me but normally loading on normal setting etc 45-50 fps, ingame fps drops to 30's. That is entirely playable for me considering the game enviroment an whats going on around me ingame. So I guess like the one guy said i may wait til game comes out an go from there.

Can anyone give me an estimate on how well this system might run on 1920x1080 on max-ultra settings?

Sapphire HD 7970 Dual-X Factory Overclocked

16 GBs of RAM

I7 3770k 6-core (I think it is clocked at 3.6 default)

well if its a 3770k is only a 4-core, a 3970k on 2011 is six core but I doubt you'd make that mistake if you had one...

anyway your pretty golden as you can get right now... i have essentially the same power in my rig for gaming and i expect to be able to play med/high at 1080p without too much problem... don't fret my friend

Hello,

Need some feedback please, my system will be able to run ArmA 3 with a stable 60 fps with 1920×1200 resolution?

Also, ArmA 3 will have full support for multithreading?

i7 2600K @ 4.0 Ghz

GTX 580

8 GB's Ram

SSD RAID 0

Thank you.

Hello,

Need some feedback please, my system will be able to run ArmA 3 with a stable 60 fps with 1920×1200 resolution?

Also, ArmA 3 will have full support for multithreading?

i7 2600K @ 4.0 Ghz

GTX 580

8 GB's Ram

SSD RAID 0

Thank you.

Yes and no.

Performance all depends on the mission, but you should get decent performance for the most part. Sadly I doubt I will be able to say the same for multiplayer, due to my experiences with lower performing servers and unoptimised mission in ARMA 2 resulting in lower client performance.

Yes and no.

Performance all depends on the mission, but you should get decent performance for the most part. Sadly I doubt I will be able to say the same for multiplayer, due to my experiences with lower performing servers and unoptimised mission in ARMA 2 resulting in lower client performance.

Thanks for your answer.

Maybe it explain why in single player my GPU have 99% usage and in multliplayer rarely exceed 30%.

Still with most of situations i have stable 60 fps with high settings (view 5000), i have it caped to 60 with nvidiainspector since i dont need more because my screen refesh rate is 60HZ.

Let's put it this way: Unlike games without the level of "choice" in multiplayer (i.e. dedicated servers and custom missions) of Arma, performance isn't wholy dependent on your hardware or client-end configuration settings, and thus unfortunately your options to rectify that are limited... though at least your rig seems fine.

Let's put it this way: Unlike games without the level of "choice" in multiplayer (i.e. dedicated servers and custom missions) of Arma, performance isn't wholy dependent on your hardware or client-end configuration settings, and thus unfortunately your options to rectify that are limited... though at least your rig seems fine.

And sadly those custom missions (like Wasteland) are made by people with highest end hardware who think it's good enough when their OC'd 2500K doesn't drop below 35, but that leaves anyone with worse CPU's with totally unplayable sub-20 FPS diashows.

And sadly those custom missions (like Wasteland) are made by people with highest end hardware who think it's good enough when their OC'd 2500K doesn't drop below 35, but that leaves anyone with worse CPU's with totally unplayable sub-20 FPS diashows.
I'm reminded of the guy who demanded RTT scopes (RO2-style) in Arma 3, declared that his immersion was worth the performance hit, and then claimed that he'd be okay with his Crossfire setup... :rolleyes:

i think mine will be ready to play this game at maxed settings ^^ ( hopefully have high hopes )

i5 3570K 4.5Ghz

Asrock Extreme 4 P77

GeForce 680GTX Lightning IN SLI overclocked!!

SSD 126GB

1TB WD

1080x1980P

2x4GB Kingston hyper X

^^

i think mine will be ready to play this game at maxed settings ^^ ( hopefully have high hopes )

i5 3570k 4.5ghz

asrock extreme 4 p77

geforce 680gtx lightning in sli overclocked!!

Ssd 126gb

1tb wd

1080x1980p

2x4gb kingston hyper x

^^

"126gb"

"1980p"

I'm curious to see when the 8970 comes out, how it will compare to the GTX Titan. I don't think the Titan can survive with its current pricing.

"126gb"

"1980p"

I'm curious to see when the 8970 comes out, how it will compare to the GTX Titan. I don't think the Titan can survive with its current pricing.

Titan can survive with whatever price since AMD is not bringing any new GPU's in 2013.

Will be intressting to see the preformance with my speccs:

AMD radeon 6950

AMD phenom x4 965 4,0 ghz

8 gb RAM

160 gb intel SSD

1080x1920

I guess on low :D

Turn your monitor 90 degrees. :)

Haha :D

- Core I7 2600 [sandy Bridge]

- Asus P8P67

- Gigabyte GTX560ti

- 8 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz Ram [Kingston Hyper X]

- Win 7 64bit

- 2 TB HD

- 1920x1080

- Intel I5 2500k @ 4.5 Ghz

- MSI P67A-GD65

- nVidia GTX 670 OC

- 8 GB G.Skill Ripjaws RAM

- Win 7 64bit

- 80 GB SSD

- 2 TB HDD

- 3x Asus 1920x1080p monitors - 5760x1080 surround

Edited by Comstedt

Stalkor and Comstedt, both of those systems look to be up to the challenge.

I'm in the middle of building my first PC from scratch with a tight budget. The parts may not be the best, and they're already on their way:

M5A97 R2.0

AMD FX-6300

Sapphire HD7850 1GB

Corsair 2x4GB 1600

1440x900

I'm also curious if anyone uses an FX-6300 and how its performance is in Arma 2. I'm using an Athlon x2 6000+ and NVIDIA 9800 GT, and Arma 2 can make my PC grind and wail. Hoping that at the least I can take the edge off that.