Sign in to follow this  
maddogx

Please add a gift purchase option to Sprocket!

I would like to suggest adding functionality to Sprocket that would allow us to purchase your games as a gift for another person. This should work similar to gift purchases on Steam, where the eMail address of the recipient is used. Once the transaction is complete, the recipient should recieve a notification via eMail. If he/she already has an account, the key should automatically be added to it, otherwise he will either be required to create an account using the given eMail address, or use some kind of redeem code system (like Minecraft).

I think this would be very useful. :)

Hell yeah, I'd buy that game for two buddies of mine; that way they might eventually play it and at least I was able to support BIS to the fullest.

Edited by rfc

Would be useful. Right now I buy multiple copies on my account.

Would be useful. Right now I buy multiple copies on my account.

Yepp,bought 2 BaF copies on my account,and have to let them login to it for them to d/load.

+1.

Bought several dozen on Sprocket and have to use a spreadsheet to keep track of which ones went to whom, so keys are not re-used or can be re-sent if they forget them. Not exactly an ideal setup.

Please make it more like Steam, where you can gift new games, and sell your old games. A CD Key should only be required initially to link a game to your account (Steam). After that you should be able to transfer ownership, and not have to worry that the previous owner can still use the CD key and make your game FADE.

I read on games.on.net:

According to CEO Marek Španěl, they are recording a staggering 100 pirates for every three legitimate purchasers.

One could say that FADE clearly isn't working with those statistics, so maybe moving to a Steam login would help combat piracy, as well as make it easier for customers to buy/trade the game (thus keeping the online community alive and thriving)

One could say that FADE clearly isn't working with those statistics

With what statistics? Last time I've checked there is no DRM that stops people from torrenting games. Steam is also the easiest DRM on the market to crack, whereas FADE still isn't cracked to my knowledge.

As for Steam:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=115256

Thankfully.

Edited by metalcraze

I would like to suggest adding functionality to Sprocket that would allow us to purchase your games as a gift for another person.

This is a great idea. Plus one.

This is a great idea. Plus one.

Plus two (I've lost count of the number of BAF copies I've bought as gifts...)

It's sad I had to result to using steam to gift games to friends like ArmA 2. I can't stand steam but it is the easiest way to gift currently.

noticed, noted ... will see ;)

A gifting system would be nice. The one thing that bothers me about Steam's is that you can't gift on a certain day (as far as I know). You have to gift it the second you purchase, which kinda ruins the whole idea of getting presents on Christmas or a birthday. ;P