Sign in to follow this  
genesis92x

Degeneration-Redux- Zombie Invasion -

snipped[/YOUTUBE]

hahah high fog played against you there. Good run tho!

I haven't tested much yet, but can you please maybe use something like that instead of the cluttered action menu?

It's vital in this mission that the basic action menu items are accessible quickly:

20 Zombies behind me... Wanna check whats in the car... scroll scroll scroll dead :D :D :D

I made a server for testing:

b_560_95_1.png

Made a quick youTube of 1.03

3V2sEnP9uyI

Hahahaha very nice. Once I get on a computer I will add that to the OP. I see you found one of the easter eggs too! I still haven't found that rainbow heli...

I still have not tryed this out but I am dieing to play this with me mates and with ACE should be great fun.

The last DEGEN could have been awesome but we had so many issues with it then it halted :(.

I hope you will continue to do a great job as you are doing all ready I love persistent missions and this one adds a little difference to ARMA 2 cant wait to have to look for food and stuff.

I agree, the last Degen had a lot of issues! I hope this makes up for it! Several people worked really hard on Degeneration Redux so it should show ;)

I haven't tested much yet, but can you please maybe use something like that instead of the cluttered action menu?

It's vital in this mission that the basic action menu items are accessible quickly:

I considered putting together a little dialog for the vehicle towing actions, and I still might. Also I thought about doing what Zargabad Life does for getting into vehicles, just the pressing of the e key, no action menu needed.

I will look into it.

Edited by bobtom

I made a server for testing:

b_560_95_1.png

Well, in the action menu the food/water items will ALWAYS be on the bottom of the action menu list so they should have minimal impact on a mission. As for the towing....ehhh I'm not too sure. Consider the idea on the list but I'm leaving that up to Craig (bobtom). In my opinion the "cost" (Time,Pain,Testing,Bugs,Extra weight to mission) does not outweigh the "gain". The gain would also be questionable as well.

BUT OF COURSE, this is all in my opinion. I have had no problem using the action menu and with the actions being shoved down to the bottom of the list they shouldn't represent much of a problem.

But like I said, if Craig can pump something out, it will more than likely be added to the mission! (SO PM SPAM HIM :D )

At any rate, THANKS for the test server! I appreciate it very much :D

After further review I have decided against making a separate GUI as the actions are pushed down under the important things,such as Get in as Driver, which is then available when you need it right on the top.

However, I still want to implement a keystroke Get in.

Had a quick go using it with ACE and as said there is some thing in ACE making it lag right at the start really lag.

May be script conflicts etc?.

Had a quick go using it with ACE and as said there is some thing in ACE making it lag right at the start really lag.

May be script conflicts etc?.

It's possible, if you are trying with V1.03 I'm not sure what in ACE could be causing it. ACE is script intensive in itself. I remember having this issue with the Undead Mod. Large missions with ALREADY built in script intensive systems do NOT work too well with ACE. If the lag goes away after awhile it might be something upon startup, if the lag is continuious then it will it would require more looking into because I can not think of anything off the top of my head that would be conflicting with ACE

Hi thanks for replying.

I totally agree with you that ACE hogs the hell out of computers (mine for sure).

Q6700 @ 2.8 (clock speed)

4GB ram

ATI 4890 @ clock speed

ETC ETC

Thanks

Hi thanks for replying.

I totally agree with you that ACE hogs the hell out of computers (mine for sure).

Q6700 @ 2.8 (clock speed)

4GB ram

ATI 4890 @ clock speed

ETC ETC

Thanks

I would venture to take a guess that the lag generates from all the vehicles and units that are in the game. If you set the zombie density to 50 KM^2 then there at minimum always 50+. Plus every so often the Horde's spawn which can easily take the numbers to 100+ if the player is not pausing to dispatch them. And on top of that you have ~500 vehicles throughout the map. I know ACE has their own gear systems for vehicles so that might even be it.

I apologize, but we did not build Degen with ACE in mind :/ I'm not sure, but if ACE's wounding system automatically takes effect then every single zombie has it applied to them as well.

At any rate, the mission automatically disables ACE's stamina system so I wonder if more can be done to disable unnecessary parts... (As well as optimizations in Degen)

Hi I totally understand that you had no intentions to include ACE as part of DEGEN and I appriciate you taking the time to reply to my problems that ARE caused due to ACE.

I have tested it with out and it does NOT lag so it is some thing in ACE.

All so I did set max zombies to 15 and lagged still.

I will be honest ACE does lag my system some times even when I am playing an ACE specific mission all ways has done it has to be the amount of scripts they run.

Any way thanks for the mission and all your input.

I look forward to all future releases.

Lag & long loading times are two reasons we stopped using this mod in our community. I hope to try this mission with guys soon. All working in MP? Number of slots?

Hi I totally understand that you had no intentions to include ACE as part of DEGEN and I appriciate you taking the time to reply to my problems that ARE caused due to ACE.

I have tested it with out and it does NOT lag so it is some thing in ACE.

All so I did set max zombies to 15 and lagged still.

I will be honest ACE does lag my system some times even when I am playing an ACE specific mission all ways has done it has to be the amount of scripts they run.

Any way thanks for the mission and all your input.

I look forward to all future releases.

Thank you,

And we will keep looking into finding ways to make the mission more compatible with ACE...I might see if Celery ever ran into issues with it as well. We were gonna try adding some "ACE features" into Degen. Such as transferring fuel to other vehicles, and etc.

Lag & long loading times are two reasons we stopped using this mod in our community. I hope to try this mission with guys soon. All working in MP? Number of slots?

Everything is working in MP as intended (We had to beat locality issues into submission a couple of times...). Currently there are only 8 slots but we made it very easy to add more slots (Just copy n paste and rename the player), if you wanted to unpbo it. More players = harder.

I have never tested with all 8 players but would assume it works just as well with the 5 I did test with before. It can get pretty hectic in Ventrilo or TTS though...everyone starts screamin' and hollerin' about being eaten alive. Good times :D

EDIT: Just remember, if you add extra slots, that the original slots are the only ones that can carry the helicopter parts. Unless you use an OA character that can carry broken down static weapons.

On another note...I was very interested in getting a JIP system setup so that if player X leaves the server and comes back 30 minutes later they can rejoin and be right where they left off (location wise). However...I'm having a hard time with tp'ing JIP players to the correct location while not affecting the rest.

*Puts thinking cap on*

Edited by Genesis92x

*Update* This was posted on my old inactive account. If you need to contact me, still use ][Niipaa I'm such a silly goose*

Welp, seeing as how ol' Dominic is fallin' down on the job after I sent him 1.7a last night (Kids and their college), figure I'll do yall a favor and post her here for meow.

DGN Core 1.7a: HERE - 1.10MB

Now, a note before I rant about what's changed. Version 1.6a IS included with 1.7a, purely for two reasons.

1. I do not have proper time to bug test, so if there is some god awful game destroying bug in 1.7a, I don't want people to be without a stable alternative.

2. Some people may not want/like the changes, and I do not force updates upon anyone.

With that out of the way, the 1.7a Changelog is as follows:

Version 1.7a

Readme Updated.

Readme Cleaned Up.

Full Classlist Slated for 1.8a.

All DGN-Specific Objects, Vehicles, Units, etc. have been attempted to be classified under their proper factions.****

****This will be a continuing effort to refine.

New DGN Factions added for each of the four major sides (OPFOR, BLUFOR, Independent, Civilian).

Display Names for all DGN Vehicles, Units, Objects, etc. changed to exclude DGN Tags.

New RU Soldiers now able to carry backpacks (Required For Heli Parts).

In short, new Display Names for ALL Vehicles, cleaner, hopefully more friendly Editor Use, and a four new Russian Soldiers capable of carrying backpacks. Hopefully by 2.0b, I will have all ArmA 2 Soldiers capable of carrying the helicopter parts, but for now, these will have to suffice. Feel free to report bugs and make suggestions, as the feedback is welcome.

firstly TY for replying my first post...

now i just wonder, after we found all five chopper part and the damage BH do we still need to get a fuel truck to fuel up the damaged BH??? cause it was out of fuel, is that a bug or not?

we put all five part into the BH cargo space then its all repair all,,, but it was out of fuel???

Edited by j rock

DGN Core 1.8a Released.

Changelog:

Version 1.8a

-Emergency Update-

Readme Updated.

Now contains 1.7a for V1 BI Signatures (User Preference), and 1.6a to revert changes/V1 BI Signatures (User Preference)

Utilizes BI's updated Signatures (Version 2), which are supposedly better all around. Use "verifySignatures = 2" (Without Quotes) in your server config to check for V2 Signatures.

Full Classlist pushed back to 1.9a.

Download: HERE

Thanks for the heads up Rexx.

~][Niipaa

firstly TY for replying my first post...

now i just wonder, after we found all five chopper part and the damage BH do we still need to get a fuel truck to fuel up the damaged BH??? cause it was out of fuel, is that a bug or not?

we put all five part into the BH cargo space then its all repair all,,, but it was out of fuel???

You just have to put the 5 pieces close to the helicopter (on the ground) and it should refuel, rearm and etc.

This is from Objective.sqf: I tested it before so it should work just fine!

"Heli1" setmarkeralpha 1;
while {true} do {
sleep 10;
if ((OC1 distance P1) <30 && (OC1 distance P2) <30 && (OC1 distance P3) <30 && (OC1 distance P4) <30 && (OC1 distance P5) <30) then {OC1 setfuel 1; OC1 setdamage 0; OC1 setvehicleammo 1;OC1 allowdamage true;} else {};
sleep 10;
};

Yet another update. Offically released Version 1.8 of Garret's addon and updated Degeneration. *Check out OP*

Changes in V1.04

@DGN updated! (Thanks Garret!)

Basic zombie changes, nothing really noticeable in game.

Pressing "E" while next to a vehicle will make you enter the vehicle. (Thanks Craig!)

Game will now save players location every 3 minutes so JIP players are teleported to the last "known" location of that slot. **BETA

Edited by Genesis92x

I get a dropbox error when trying to download the mission:

Error (404)

We can't find the page you're looking for. Check out our FAQ or forums for help. Or maybe you should try heading home.

I get a dropbox error when trying to download the mission:

Eh, Somehow the file went missing? I must have deleted it by accident. I'm reuploading it now...

EDIT: Here

Thank you for your time.

Edited by Genesis92x

Thanks, the armaholic mirror has been updated.

ty genesis92,,, for testing and replying,,, i will sure give it a go again tonight,,,

sorry that we couldn't test different way to make it work, like~~ the way it should be. putting those 5 part close to the chopper (not into its cargo space). Man~~~~ we were under high pressure (we love it), endless wave after wave of zombie keep jumping us from all direction, longer we stay more they come (we freaking love it big time)... and fear of losing those part, like getting kill while carrying those part either on u or in ur vehicle... its pretty much lost forever..

we just didn't hav the time to guess how it work... BIG ty for replying and making such awesome mission we enjoy it alot...

over all it was a excellent, solid awesome mission... however i don't quite see how it is a sandbox mission... casue all we done was look for the chopper and part thats it... what else r there left to do??? (sorry for the harsh comment don't get me wrong, we do love ur mission a friend of mine almost miss work cause how much fun he had with ur mission he had forgotten to sleep)

Edited by j rock