Sign in to follow this  
bobocz

Take On Helicopters Pre-Order Beta

You could also offload 99% of the content (in an unusable way, i.e. not complete pbos but just leave out every 100th bit randomly) into a (possibly even public) torrent and then breathe life into this zombie file with a small patch over sprocket. Similarly, Steam allows preloading content so it's not totally overloaded on release day.

Are you able to pre-order this anywhere other than sprocketidea.com?

The announcement does say “[pre-order]from ONE of our official Digital Download partners†suggesting there is more than one partner but there doesnt appear to be any other options. A Steam option would be fantastic.

Desura currently is an alternative. Check the sticky(?) with the links where to buy.

The sprocket downloader gave me 1.8 MB/s this morning at 7 a.m. - I guess it's a matter of picking the least-crowded time :)

A question: Do passengers talk while your flying and panics or scream if you go out of control? Pilot should have to suffer this for bad flying and endangering virtual lives.

I hate every second waiting for this game to download...nifty downloader from sprocket, but its like watching paint dry.....still waiting to try the beta since release... Oh boy, dems the brakes... Guess my ISP sucks with bandwidth to the designated mirrors. I'm all for the torrent suggestion :-(

Has anyone received a pre-order CD key email from Desura?

I haven't got anything. All I can find is a CD key for the full game which obviously doesn't work yet

Has anyone received a pre-order CD key email from Desura?

I haven't got anything. All I can find is a CD key for the full game which obviously doesn't work yet

A dev said that it will come soon as possible ;)

You just have to be patient.

A dev said that it will come soon as possible ;)

You just have to be patient.

Thanks

There were words...

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=2032519&postcount=3

TakeOnTheGame Take On Helicopters

@Jonay1990 It's definitely on its way, we needed to configure a different installer for all y'all

7 Okt

Those other platforms like steam etc require changes and also at some point its up to those individual platforms how much time such activities take..

just be a bit more patient mate ;)

Got game today and started on Expert without Trim on mouse and keyboard -failed badly. After switching to Trim and Trainee- its alot of fun tho somewhat easy to fly save landings. Gotta get a joystick I guess.

Overall, seems fun despite the lack of shooting -a much more sublime experience.

Got game today and started on Expert without Trim on mouse and keyboard -failed badly. After switching to Trim and Trainee- its alot of fun tho somewhat easy to fly save landings. Gotta get a joystick I guess.

Overall, seems fun despite the lack of shooting -a much more sublime experience.

If you have a dual analog USB Joypad, I would recommend trying to fly with that instead of keyboard and mouse. :)

Well I don't see a thread for n00b questions so I'll just ask here:

For some reason, when I start airborne such as in the training fly thru the hoops flight course -I can never regain control of the beast as it just continues to want to roll right and trying to correct it by going left just picks up the nose to fall into a rear descent. Is this correct behaviour?

The reason I'm puzzled is I can control the heck of the chopper with same settings (Trainee/Trim Auto) in the PMC mission -easily navigating thru skyscrapers etc...

Is it just a tougher chopper to control or the fact that Im starting airborne and already rolling right?

I have also problems when the mission start with a flying helicopter. The problem for me is that once the mission starts the current input of my throttle (collective) is not recognized. So I have to move the throttle up and down and than it kicks in (usually the helo starts to descend quickly). I continue to add collective until the heli stops descending. It's always a bit of a battle the first 5 or 8 seconds, with also some right rolling tendency you describe.

Are you using a throttle?

In freeflight I usually start with the collective (throttle control on my joystick) about half way up. Then I only need to move it a little bit and the collective is instantly changed to that position and I can make small corrections to stabalize the heli. Works pretty good for me.

Nah, keyboard and mouse -Im guessing thats my problem. Alls well as long as I start from ground tho.

Just checked steam topseller list. Take On is on #19 #18. Rather good for a niche product like TOH I think :)

The only way is up!

But I want my heli to go up and then down, so I can get out and have a walk around...

Pre-ordered on Steam...

Couldn't resist... have a bannanassss:yay: