Sign in to follow this  
bobocz

Take On Helicopters Pre-Order Beta

direct link isnt working and the download from the nice downloader tells me i have to wait over 11 hours :(

direct link isnt working and the download from the nice downloader tells me i have to wait over 11 hours :(

As already said, i'm done in less than 5 minutes and you can have my bandwidth then. :p

On a serious note, i don't know why it doesn't load faster at your side as here it loaded constantly with ~1600Kb/s all the time...from the US server while living in central europe.

Just switch the mirrors to see if one of the others gives you better performance.....or use the direct link as it was also suggested.

-Ziggy-;2032253']he clearly states direct link isn't working for him (me neither)' date=' why would you suggest that again?[/quote']

Because he might have missed that it was been said that sprocket downloader has to be closed for direct links to work?

All i do is trying to help although there isn't much anyone can do. Feel free to just ignore my posts in the future. Meanwhile please take note of my avatar, thank you. :rolleyes:

Multithreaded FTP download was the best for me, your username and password can be found in the sprocket.log (aswell as host).

I'm actually able to use the Sprocket loader and direct links at the same time, albeit with only only one direct download at once. Still, I get max speed overall, which is nice. It'll still take a while though. :o

I removed already gathered files and closed the downloader, and still the direct links do not work for me.

I'm happy to start over on my 6 hour DL though, thanks for the help...

(firefox 6.0.2)

Edited by [DirTyDeeDs]-Ziggy-

-Ziggy-;2032262']I removed already gathered files and closed the downloader' date=' and still the direct links do not work for me.

I'm happy to start over on my 6 hour DL though, thanks for the help...

(firefox 6.0.2)[/quote']

Strange, I also had full speed on the direct links. Did you try FF7? I downloaded the direct links with FF7 which was all good. Do you have any download manager software installed which gives an error for trying to download the links? Might want to disable that kind of software (if installed). And just in case, try adding the sprocket website to trusted websites. Also, if you've been logged in too long on the sprocket website, your authentication is not good anymore and the download links don't work.

You might want to check with the poster on the previous page who downloaded direct from FTP. I believe the log of the BIS downloader has the connection info to the server, you might want to try that.

I did some tweaking on the direct links(seeing that many of you are using those) - should work better now.

I hope it helps to get the game to everyone as soon as possible.

I LOVE THE LOUNGE MUSIC DURING THE INSTALL!!!!! Perfect!

I'm late for work, but can't pull myself away yet. All files were downloaded to the Sprocket folder under My Documents folder (Win7).

where is this direct link? (found the posting..)

Edited by JumpingHubert

Must have been my computer, re-sent my credit card info through today off the computer at my work and all seems good to go! Thanks everyone who helped!

It is on the download page

directdwnld.jpg

Edited by Johny

It. Is. Fu***ng. AWESOME! :)

Seriously - a w e s o m e...

xD

Greetings from northern Germany...

I tried both, Download manager and direct download, both is working with a max rate of 300kb/s and decreasing. I gues i let my Pc running during the night. Can this be serious?

Isn't it possible to also distribute a legal torrent, Johny? So that we people who already downloaded it can help other members? Might fix some issues for a few people.

-Update-

i am down to 59kb/s - 103 kb/s on direct download... :(

I would prefer a DDL or torrent solution like zoog proposed.

Please to add number of version this Beta. Id like to campare.

Started mine at 12.00am, and still going with 24% left to download. To who suggested a torrent, if the full game is going to be bigger then this, I am all for it.

Cheers

Good idea with torrent file for the future. Eagle Dynamics with DCS A-10C did this and no problem with download of DCS. Till now was 9 patches + some of betas before. Sometimes it was need to download all the sim again (5Gb). Always too is online activation with CD keys so it safely.