Sign in to follow this  
SelectThis

Nam pack addon

The SEB Nam Pack Version 1 Addon by SelectThis, Ebud and Bibmi will shortly be available from the Addon Depot at The OFP Editing Center.

<edit: Is available now:>

SEB-Nam-Pack-M.jpg

This pack contains 20 new texture sets and various new weapons. Included with the Nam Pack Version 1 will be the following.

West Side:

- 1st Air Cav soldiers (edited models)

- US Army/Marine soldiers

- Special Forces (SOG) units

- Retextured Huey with Air Cav pilots (using Martin's Open Model..thanks to Martin for permission to edit his Huey)

East Side:

- Viet Cong (Main Force)

- NVA Regulars

Resistance Side

- Viet Cong (Local Force)

Civilian

- Vietnamese civilians

The new weapons include:

- M79 (edited model)

- M16A1 (edited model)

- M14 (edited model)

- Car-15 (new sounds only)

- M60 (new sounds only)

- 90mm MAW

- SKS (edited model)

- Chicom Type 56 (edited model)

- RPD (new sounds only)

Tweaked RPG/LAW launchers with lower damage than standard BIS ones.

(Big thanks to the following for allowing us to use their weapon models: Raptor-Man(M16A1) , Dragunovska (M16A1, Car-15), [FILO] Hubba (M14))

Please note, the bulk of the models were done without Oxygen as BIS have not been able to provide Ebud, Bibmi nor myself with it sad.gif

If we do get Oxygen, then a 2nd version will be released with better models.

SelectThis, Ebud, Bibmi

Air Cav Units

SEB-Nam-Pack-1stAC.jpg

VC and Spec Forces Units

SEB-Nam-Pack-SpecForces.jpg

NVA

SEB-Nam-Pack-NVA.jpg

This addon pack is not related to Operation Vietnam. It's a combined effort by the 3 of us (SelectThis, Ebud, Bibmi), with alot of help from other addon authors from the OFPEC.

SelectThis

Although im not really into vietnam stuff, il will down it since it looks great

Extremely good work SelectThis, Ebud and Bibmi !!!!!

FW

Very nice work guys!

Can't wait to see you guys with oxygen.

RED

Neat... One question: is the m79 gonna be a primary weapon or a secondary like the law?

I think the M79 is the primary weapon, since in Vietnam, the M79 guy only (mostly) used that weapon, and carried many rounds for it. Other units, like the SEALs and some LRRPs, did carry the M79 as 2nd weapons, but didn't carry large amounts of ammo for it.

By the way, very nice work with the addons.

-=Die Alive=-

Cant wait to get my hands on that M79, love that weapon biggrin.gif

Does it have a reload animation??

wow.gif again let me echo the other replies that both (A) i want this pack and (B) i cant wait to get my hands on the M-79 its so sweet yo........however....someone said that the grunts didnt carry much ammo for the weapon in vietnam even when its used as a secondary weapon (like when the guy is carryin a CAR-15 or an M-16) htis is true at times but not fully correct....hasnt anyone seen the vests that guys sometimes wear?? it carrys like 20 to 30 rounds of 40mm HE ammo pluss enough slots to carry four 40mm para-flares....thats alot of firepower my freinds......but then again a person can only carry like four 40mm grenades tops. thats another gripe i got about OFP. a guy never carries enough ammo in my mind. in the game the standard loadout is 4 mags for your primary weapon.....WTF??!?!?! in most groups they carry a minimum of about 7 magazines.....now the M-60 gunners have a pretty decent loadout i think..... 4 or 5 100round belts of 7.62....and those bitches are heavy....try to imagine humpin one of those hogs on a realworld op.....thats not my bag baby tounge.gif

very nice work hope you guys get oxygen cause if you whant it you deserve it can't wait to play some nam like missions

keep up the good work guys biggrin.gif

GREAT! Fantastic!, I've been working on a Mission with 'Jungle Everon" For Quite a sometime now. I waited for "MARTINS" Huey and This "Viet Nam" Pack was worth the wait also! Thanks all of you for the hard work and time you fellahs do. (Now I need a CH-53 wink wink) and this will be done with in two months smile.gif

[ODB]_Raker biggrin.gif

DUKE: Your PM is private, Couldn't respond. How are yah buddy.

6/01/02

I recomend this pack highly! It's very good.

Good!!! I finally get to use an SKS in a video game. One of the most prolific rifles in the world and it shows up so little in games. I hope its 10 rounds and not some off number like on the M1garand add-on that someone thought should be 6 rounds instead of 8.

I hope Martin's Huey has actual textures on it in this mod, then the simple brown-green flat paint job on his model (no offense Martin) Is there any way to put twin M-60 on the side doors instead of an M2 that shoots explosive rounds. The gunner also needs to be placed further back toward the rear.

110-who is womewhat anal today, sorry wink.gif

The M79 in the Nam Pack is the primary weapon. The M79 Grenadier is equiped with 8 HE 40mm grenades and 2 40mm Buskhot grenades (for close in work). We've also included a Ammobag which carrys 10 round and takes up 3 magazine slots. This will allow you to equip a maximum of 30 40mm HE rounds and 1 HE or Buckshot round.

sebnam-m79-1.jpg

The above pic shows the M79 in game with the side pic being the scope view, The RTO has the M16A1 and the SEB UH-1 is in the background. The Huey is Martin's model with both doors removed. We've not edited the model, but I have changed the MG to be a M60D with 500 rounds.

And yes, the Simonov SKS 7.62mm comes with a 10 round magazine.

SelectThis

Great looking stuff guys!!!!! Can't wait to get my grubby hands on it!! One question, will the VC faces be on the model? Or are we gona have to put them on in edit? I only ask as most VC addons sofar need to edit paste the faces on sad.gif

Excelent!! the M-79 will carry plenty of ammo for my lil shoot-em-up jobs.....the buckshot is a good idea too....but like 75% of the time i always get killed more than 200 meters from the bad guy. and at that range a canister round would only piss him off tounge.gif i love the idea about the RTO, ...so is the guy with the PRC-77 (prick77 in slang) gonna be the only guy who can call in fire support? and if he gets killed? hehe if they are making this pack as realistic as i hope, this mod shall be quite interesting... wink.gif

Ooh Great, now i have to stop working on my Vietnow Campaign and change all the units. Thanks Guys. LOL J/K great job guys!!!

biggrin.gif

Nam Pack is available at the Addon Depot (www.ofpec.com)...It's loading pretty slowly so please be patient (450 hits in the short time it's been out...almost 8.5 gigs!wink.gif.

The addon is large (19megs) so please use a download manager to save yourself any problems with dropouts etc.

Enjoy!

SelectThis

I will try to arrange some mirrors to help with the load.

Any luck on those mirrors? Its impossible to download the damned thing when 1000 others are trying at the same time sad.gif

WOW !!! You guys did good !! This addon is sweet and ive barely seen half of it ! But how come the nva and vc dont have preset faces and and the american soldiers do? for obvious reasons wouldint it be more important to have faces preset on vc and nva?

Heres another download location. Its a FilePlanet mirror, so it should be accessib;e and get pretty good bandwidth.

www.planetrainbowsix.com/atwar

OFP box is on right side.....Find it in the list.....Pretty self explanatory.....

Thanks guys

Vegas @WAR

Its also repacked to be smaller.....Its only 10.5mb instead of 19.....A little better for you 56K peeps....

Vegas @WAR

We did not authorise the Nam Pack to be repacked into a exe format, so I would advise doing a virus scan of it before installing.

Of course, if it is ok then the reduction in file size is a good thing. At this stage, the only official site hosting the addon is OFPEC where it is in it's original 19 meg zipped format.

SelectThis