Sign in to follow this  
suma

Patch 1.60 - The Good News and The Bad News

Well first off I'd say that Mission fixes are different from other content (data) fixes.

Second I think that "Applying TI maps to models", aka adding new features, is not a fix, but rather an upgrade :P

Third I think that they might even not be able to add TI maps to the models, if the models need to remain compatible with A2 original, unless A2 would be adjusted for it etc. Sounds quite far fetched.

I think we will see MLOD's for A2 Standalone and maybe even OA at some point - this would be an excellent moment for the community to step up and apply the TI maps.

As to the inclusion of A2 (Standalone) mission fixes, I have commented before, such fixes should not be included in the patch of OA itself,

but perhaps the OA patch will include an A2 (standalone) patch with mentioned fixes - which then should also be released seperately (I think we've seen this before).

This is all based on what history tells us, of course things can change, and otherwise .. "exceptions confirm the rule" (Dutch saying direct translation).

And to answer the question specifically; the A2 mission fixes should work just fine on A2 Standalone (no need for OA/CO).

no neefd to add TI maps to fix it...it's just the default brightness of non TI map objects that needs a fix that. A2 units are simply TOO bright in TI.

no neefd to add TI maps to fix it...it's just the default brightness of non TI map objects that needs a fix that. A2 units are simply TOO bright in TI.

Create a ticket on it and vote it up i'd say.

Create a ticket on it and vote it up i'd say.

Seems it already exists. http://dev-heaven.net/issues/16673 Now, Armstrong, vote, vote, vote ! . :) - And do not forget to create a repro mission. ;)

Well first off I'd say that Mission fixes are different from other content (data) fixes.

Understood. I had considered both to be content fixes.

And to answer the question specifically; the A2 mission fixes should work just fine on A2 Standalone (no need for OA/CO).

Good, that's what I thought. Just checking...

Thanks for the info.

And TI adjustments for models that don't have TI Maps has been arranged too; http://dev-heaven.net/issues/16673#note-5

(bow) Suma (bow).

... what's next, Tank Smoke Launchers that don't automatically throw smoke anymore in MP if Player is commander, and thus not causing multiplication * amount of connected players, crashes, ruined games, angry faces etc? :D

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/17458

---------- Post added at 15:41 ---------- Previous post was at 15:37 ----------

Or the good old: I loose my gear when tired near/in the water, and the gear is multiplied * amount of connected players, causing large network traffic, desync and other issues? http://dev-heaven.net/issues/26162

The cause of these two might just be related..

And probably also related to the very old bug (I think mostly fixed now) when trying to put too many items into ammo boxes - the boxes would spill, and this would also multiply * amount of connected players ;P

Armstrong made enough votes there!

Edited by Sickboy

Wow BIS surprised me again. :eek:

Did you hire more people to work on these things? This is amazing.

I continue praying for Object Viewdistance slider and proper stealth behaviour of the AI. I think i`ll fall of the chair if they manage to do that

I continue praying for Object Viewdistance slider and proper stealth behaviour of the AI. I think i`ll fall of the chair if they manage to do that

If that ever happens, it won't happen for 1.60 though. Suma has already said that any other new features will not make it into 1.60

Bug:looking in a scope with night vision on,you only see black.
That's a feature, not a bug. You can't use Scope with Helmet mounted NVG. The "missing feature" in here is that old ArmA 2 weapons can use NVG with scope still.

Strange, I noticed that last night playing MP Insurgency (latest version) with CO 1.59, no mods. It was night, and I had a scoped rifle through which I could see only black with a red circle in the middle. Didn't matter if I was wearing NV goggles or not. Had to use my laser pointer with my NV goggles and not look through the scope to shoot anything. I figured it was just the limitations of that particular rifle (in other words, a feature, not a bug). Never seen that much before, and was used to using NV goggles with other weapons through which scope could be used, even thermal (red) scopes like in Grand Theft Info.

Edited by OMAC

Spike 21

Your repeated complaining about this feature is becoming tiresome.

+1 Infraction for Cross posting.

And there was one more.

§9) Do not cross-post

Do not post duplicate threads in more than one forum simply to get an answer quicker or to draw more attention to your post.

You were already issued an infraction for spamming. Please familiarize yourself with the forum rules.

I would delay it until christmas time...

Use time to fix more and more of long known bugs (Content Bugs in Models, Missions, etc!) from the CIT and implement a few Suggestions/Features from the CIT.

Mega Christmas present ;-)

I think at this point there probably won't be a final patch by Xmas unless a 1.60 RC comes out real soon.

It should be released asap as this is first real mp fix since game came out, hardly any mp-players left - remaining issuses should be in 1.61

Dorph;2062602']It should be released asap as this is first real mp fix since game came out' date=' hardly any mp-players left - remaining issuses should be in 1.61[/quote']

Definitelly. And this is exactly our plan, as soon as all regressions are fixed we roll out 1.60RC and about a week after that final patch.

Has there been a final Descition about the Malloc which will be implemented in 1.60?

I only ask because they´re all still aviable in the Betas (use tbb4 for myself).

Has there been a final Descition about the Malloc which will be implemented in 1.60?

I only ask because they´re all still aviable in the Betas (use tbb4 for myself).

Yes, and I believe it was also clearly said: TBB 3 is going to be the default memory allocator for 1.60 (optional use of other already existing or even custom allocators is going to be possible as in the beta).

Definitelly. And this is exactly our plan, as soon as all regressions are fixed we roll out 1.60RC and about a week after that final patch.

This is good to hear, lets hope we see it soon.

Did the post process settings finally get separated in time for 1.60?

Did the post process settings finally get separated in time for 1.60?

Did you see it in the changelog?

_neo_

Did you see it in the changelog?

_neo_

Not all fixes are in the changelog.

However, separate PP sliders are not gonna happen in 1.60, and probably not at all in ArmA 2.